Forum > Heroes On the Water - North Oregon Coast Chapter

Volunteers Needed 3/19 at Coffenbury Lake

(1/2) > >>

hdpwipmonkey:
Sorry, for the late notice... We are having our first event of the year at Coffenbury Lake on 3/19 and are in need of on and off the water help.  This is usually our most popular event with the biggest turnout (besides the joint event with Portland) so please help out if you can.  Please grab a ticket from Eventbrite and don't forget to sign the online waivers.  Liability is needed at every event, media is only needed once a year (so both are needed for this one)

There will be breakfast burritos for in the morning and Chili and cornbread for lunch.

We look forward to seeing you out there!

Waivers:
Liability
Media

Mr. Fisherman:
Forms completed. Will work on my schedule and gas money  ;D

Looking at the forms it looks like a Hero's On the Water activity of some sort.

I'm a little new but would like to help out if I can... but I usually only volunteer when I know what I am volunteering for.

Could you clarify for me or send a message?

Is anyone carpooling from the Hillsboro area? Should I bring my kayak to volunteer? What activities are you asking for volunteers for?

Thanks...

Pinstriper:
Volunteers to any combination of:
- registration/liability paperwork for volunteers and participants
- setup of the shade/shelter, tables, chairs
- unload/load/prep/unpack/pack chapter boats for the participants
- food layout and prep
- cleanup
- rod/tackle/bait setup for participants
- help get participants launch/land

On the water, we try to pair up volunteers with 1-n participants. Keep them safe, keep them in the boat and upright, help them manage paddling, fishing, and of course assist if someone ends up in the water.

Participants' experience with kayaking, fishing, and fishing while kayaking will vary. You may find yourself helping a participant who has never kayaked, hasn't fished in decades, and sure hasn't done both at the same time.

Some participants have plenty of experience and don't need much attention at all - but we always keep an eye on everyone for safety.

I am not bringing my own boat, planning on doing shore work. I am heading over Friday night and camping out. There's room for an extra tent in the campsite if you want.

hdpwipmonkey:
Thanks Pinstriper.   I couldn't of said it better myself  :banjo:

Mr. Fisherman, its up to you if you want to bring your kayak or not, we need volunteers for both on and off the water.  You can just show up and hang out and see what we're all about but if you stand there too long we will put you to work  >:D

codeman:
Signed up!  Cant wait for the first event of the year. Missed all of you guys, and the wonderful participants ive been fortunate enough to meet throughout last year's events. Ill be bringing the yak, and my rain gear. I will be a volunteer on the water.

Cody

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version