Forum > Let's Talk Kayak Fishing

Herring Fishing out of Newport

(1/2) > >>

Combatmedicjosh:
Happy Friday everyone I hope all is well. I was wondering if anyone knows if the Herring have started arriving in Newport. I am hoping to get down there this year to get some herring.

Nobaddays:
I heard they have been there at least a week and were still there yesterday.  It looks pretty windy until Wednesday or so, but should be good after that.

Combatmedicjosh:
Perfect thank you

Nobaddays:
Just an update on herring.  I fished today from 1p-3p and got an easy limit.  I fished the South Beach Marina.  There seemed to be lots of fish still and the weather is good all week.

rogerdodger:

--- Quote from: Nobaddays on March 13, 2024, 08:35:21 PM ---Just an update on herring.  I fished today from 1p-3p and got an easy limit.  I fished the South Beach Marina.  There seemed to be lots of fish still and the weather is good all week.

--- End quote ---

really appreciate your report,  ;D  I read it about 7am, got loaded up and headed for Newport about 9am.  on the water 11am to 2:30pm, got most of my 95 (~18pounds) across the river by the CG station but there were lots in the South Beach Marina when I came back there. great conditions, just breezy.   cheers, roger   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version