Forum > Let's Talk Kayak Fishing

How to add pictures/video in your post

(1/5) > >>

rawkfish:
There are a couple of ways you can post pictures into a thread.  The easy way is simply to attach them to your post.  This method is done completely with the "Attach:" section directly below the text window where you type your post.  Note the allowed file types and size restrictions.  Pretty much any photo editing software has a function that will re-size a picture down to the allowed size.  There are many free programs available at download.cnet.com.

The other way to post pictures is to post them inside the text of your post using the   tags.  First, you'll need to get your pictures hosted somewhere on the internet.  You can create your own gallery on NWKA and have your pictures hosted by the site. 

Linking pictures from your NWKA Gallery

Up at the top of the page, there is a menu of locations that starts out with "Home  Forum  Help...".  Click on "Gallery".  Here, you can browse through other members' galleries, or add photos to your own.  Locate the "My Gallery" button near the top of the page.  In your gallery, you can create sub-galleries to keep things organized.  You can even make sub-sub-galleries, or sub-sub-sub-galleries... That's getting a little carried away actually, it's turning into Inception so lets not go any deeper.  While in your gallery scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Bulk add pictures" if you would like to upload multiple pictures, or "Add a picture" for just a single picture.  The upload process is pretty simple from there.  I recommend re-sizing the pictures you upload to the gallery since your upload will take less time.  A size of roughly 800 x 600 pixels is a good size for uploading pics to the web.  There is a feature on the site that when you post a large picture with with the link, it will automatically size the picture to fit in the post.  Once you have uploaded a picture, click on it and below it will be a section titled "Image Linking Codes".  If you would like to insert the picture right into the text of your post, copy the entire string of text in the "BB Code" box that looks like this:

Paste it into your post where you want the picture to be, like so...

Linking pictures from somewhere else on the internet

You can use a hosting service on the internet to put up your pictures too, such as photobucket.com.  Once you have your picture hosted on the internet somewhere copy the "Link Location", "Link URL", or "Link Address" of the image, which can usually be done by simply right-clicking on the link if you're a PC user.  Now, above the text box where you type your post click on the little button just above the smiley faces that looks like this:

This will give you a set of image tags that look like this:

The cursor defaults to being right where you need to paste the link to the picture you would like to post.  Paste your link and you're done!

Video can be included into your posts as well and is even easier than posting pictures.  Simply copy the link address that shows up in your internet browsers address bar and post it where ever you want the video to show up; no code tags are required. 

There are other options available just above the text box that you can use to change the way your post looks.  You can change the size and color of your text, or make it underlined or boldface.  To do this, simply highlight the text you want to change and then click the option you would like.

Feel free to use this thread as a place you can test posting pictures in your posts.

Ranger Dave:
That's an awesome tutorial rawkfish. You said you'ld get it done and you not only did, but a fantastic job as well.  :icon_thumleft:

I've only read through it once and left with an idea and a question. Idea: This should be pinned somewhere easy to refer to (hint, hint Mods). I've included it in my favorites for future use. And then the obvious, Question: Can I get the GPS coordinace for the part of the river that serves the pastries  ;D  (That's a great picture.) Thanks again!

Spot:
Nice write-up Jeff!  Thanks!

CIT - The doughnuts were eaten at: 
45deg 31' 22.19" N
122deg 40' 00.15" W

but 1st you'll have to stop by:
45deg 31' 21.75" N
122deg 40' 23.38" W

ndogg:
Thanks Jeff,  I was trying to figure out how to post pictures in line.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

polepole:
As for videos, just paste in the URL of a video as you see it.  For instance, if you're on YouTube and see a good video, just copy the URL and paste it in the body of your post and it will all automagically be taken care of under the hood.

-Allen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version