Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:41:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by Spot
[Today at 10:57:58 AM]

[Today at 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 08:37:24 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Heroes on the Water NWest Chapter (WA)  (Read 9319 times)

islandson671

• Heroes On The Water NWest
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
I've been emailing Jim Dolan and Hilanne Myers from Heroes on the Water. I'm currently finishing up my paperwork to start a NorthWest Chapter.

On that note, I'm hoping to get some support from my NWKA brothers and sisters. We currently have 3 SOTs and 3 SINKs, my plan is to use the SOTs for our Heroes and the SINKs for myself, pdw9mm and possibly one other volunteer for our outings. My only problem is that I don't have enough PDFs and paddles. If any of you have an old/extra PDF in Large, XLarge or whatever size that's sitting in your garage or storage collecting dust, I would greatly appreciate it if you would be willing to donate it. I'm also looking for old waders/wading shoes, drytops/paddletops if possible. I have some extra stuff but, they are all in the Medium size. I could also use some extra Trout Fishing Gear (rods, reels and lures). I'll take what ever you can spare.

I'm sure some of you local guys would be interested in volunteering as well...Lee, Ravdakot, 2ndfloorYak 8)

All donations will receive a receipt in order to allow you to write them off at the end of the year.

I will post the mailing address as soon as I get the paperwork finalized and a designated PO Box which I hope to have set up by next week. But, I just wanted to plant this seed to hopefully get everyone in to their garages to start digging out that old gear.

Thanks
Dino
islandson671

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Great work getting HOW up and running.

I'm in discussions with a fledgling chapter in Portland. Hope to generate some buzz for them with Local NWKA crew.
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Hobie Tandem Island. OK Tetra 12, Jackson Coosa

Quillback

I have a couple of pfd's (large & extra large) and a pair of Kokatat Tropos pants w/o feet (large) - never worn.  Also need to cull out some rods.  You can check to see what will work and take what you want.  Ready to transfer when you are.

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
I'm glad you were able to get this going.  I attempted to contact him numerous times to no avail. 
I'll be willing to help out with events and bring along the Coosa and a paddle/pfd when I come. 
I'm really annoyed at the upper level management of the organization, but the cause is a good
one and deserves support regardless of the problems I've personally encountered.

andyjade

• Sturgeon
  • Photo Dump
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
I have some spare rods and reels and whatnot.  Not getting any use.  Be happy to send them your way.
Blog/Photo Dump

Editor, The Milkcrate, Kayak Angler Lifestyle.

islandson671

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Lee I sent you a PM

islandson671

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Quillback

I should have the mailing address set up by next week. I really appreciate the support. I'll PM you soon. THANKS AGAIN

islandson671

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Quillback

I should have the mailing address set up by next week. I really appreciate the support. I'll PM you soon. THANKS AGAIN

Andyjade--same goes to you too. I'll be in touch soon. THANKS

islandson671

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Great work getting HOW up and running.

I'm in discussions with a fledgling chapter in Portland. Hope to generate some buzz for them with Local NWKA crew.

Ihop--I'm glad you were able to find a local chapter

micahgee

• Sturgeon
Dino, I got a extra PFD and an ugly stik to donate.
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

www.heroesonthewater.org

Ranger Dave

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
Dino....I am a HOW of sorts. I am not a member of the organization, but flown out of Bagram Afghanistan (in support of the 10th Mountain Division and Operation Enduring Freedom) on an Air Force Medi-vac (2004) and medically retired from the Army (2005), rated at 90% disabled. At the same time, I was also cut loose from my civilian job with Global War On Terrorism (GWOT), because part of the criteria was being retained by the Army. I do utilize some of my benefits, but relinquish others, like Handy Cap Parking (despite being over qualified) for those I feel need it more, to include Veterans of all ages and Senior Citizens who have done their time in our great country.

As for contributions, I am also a long time Life Member of Trout Unlimited, having served as Vice President, Treasurer and Banquet Chair for annual fund raisers, prior to my deployment. I mention this as it would benefit you to contact as many manufactures of equipment, be it angling, clothing, kayaking or whatever and to do it as soon as possible. Also professional guides and speakers. I say as soon as possible because from experience, most have done what they can for 2011, but can guarantee you, are already getting geared up for the new year, only giving donations to those that ask, who have a worthy cause and as their supplies last.

It also probably goes without saying, but again and from experience, the sooner and more requests you submit, the  greater your success. Get the permission you need from HOW to use their logo as well as design your own. Get cards and letterhead printed (possibly donated) and stay ahead of others with requests...Good Luck Bro. :icon_salut: (wrong hand, but still salute your efforts)
Retired Army - 67N/67V/67R/15R

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
Dave,

So many great ideas! Hope you'll join me in building our own chapter in Portocouvia...

iHop
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Hobie Tandem Island. OK Tetra 12, Jackson Coosa

polyangler

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Give me a holler as events are coming together. I have 4 SOT's now, plus paddles, PFD's, and fishing tackle. If I know far enough in advance I can usually get time off work to volunteer. You've got all my contact info.
[img width=100 height=100]http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy131/saltyplastic/NEMrod

islandson671

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Dino, I got a extra PFD and an ugly stik to donate.

Thanks Micah. I'll text you later.

islandson671

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Give me a holler as events are coming together. I have 4 SOT's now, plus paddles, PFD's, and fishing tackle. If I know far enough in advance I can usually get time off work to volunteer. You've got all my contact info.

Thanks Ravdakot! I'll keep you posted.