Forum > Heroes On the Water

Heroes on the Water NWest Chapter (WA)

(1/7) > >>

islandson671:
I've been emailing Jim Dolan and Hilanne Myers from Heroes on the Water. I'm currently finishing up my paperwork to start a NorthWest Chapter.

On that note, I'm hoping to get some support from my NWKA brothers and sisters. We currently have 3 SOTs and 3 SINKs, my plan is to use the SOTs for our Heroes and the SINKs for myself, pdw9mm and possibly one other volunteer for our outings. My only problem is that I don't have enough PDFs and paddles. If any of you have an old/extra PDF in Large, XLarge or whatever size that's sitting in your garage or storage collecting dust, I would greatly appreciate it if you would be willing to donate it. I'm also looking for old waders/wading shoes, drytops/paddletops if possible. I have some extra stuff but, they are all in the Medium size. I could also use some extra Trout Fishing Gear (rods, reels and lures). I'll take what ever you can spare.

I'm sure some of you local guys would be interested in volunteering as well...Lee, Ravdakot, 2ndfloorYak 8)

All donations will receive a receipt in order to allow you to write them off at the end of the year.

I will post the mailing address as soon as I get the paperwork finalized and a designated PO Box which I hope to have set up by next week. But, I just wanted to plant this seed to hopefully get everyone in to their garages to start digging out that old gear.

Thanks
Dino
islandson671

IslandHoppa:
Great work getting HOW up and running.

I'm in discussions with a fledgling chapter in Portland. Hope to generate some buzz for them with Local NWKA crew.

Quillback:
I have a couple of pfd's (large & extra large) and a pair of Kokatat Tropos pants w/o feet (large) - never worn.  Also need to cull out some rods.  You can check to see what will work and take what you want.  Ready to transfer when you are.

Lee:
I'm glad you were able to get this going.  I attempted to contact him numerous times to no avail. 
I'll be willing to help out with events and bring along the Coosa and a paddle/pfd when I come. 
I'm really annoyed at the upper level management of the organization, but the cause is a good
one and deserves support regardless of the problems I've personally encountered.

andyjade:
I have some spare rods and reels and whatnot.  Not getting any use.  Be happy to send them your way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version