Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:54:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Heroes on the Water NWest Chapter (WA)  (Read 9324 times)

SteveHawk

• ORC
  • Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
Don't have much in extra supplies but have two SOT's and the equipment to go along. One of them is extra stable and can be used for wheelchair accessability. Give me a call anytime to help with HOW.

Stevehawk
"if you aren't living life on the edge, your just taking up space"  Thom Rock

Green Outback, Blue Revo

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Dino, All
Good luck.
If i have more than the very few days between returning from present trip and leaving for next that i think i will have, will raid my storage for items to donate.

Am willing to loan the program a very under used i9s if you want it.
[WR]
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

ndogg

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • "Fists of Fury"
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
Way to go Dino, I tried to contact them this summer to get them involved in Bass tourney, but never heard back from them.  Besides my time and a few fishing rods I can let folks use, I don't have much I can donate, but I will see what I can do through Next Adventure.  Once things get up and running let me know and we can try to get them involved in the Next Adventure tournaments.

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
I never heard back from anybody either. If any events go down in OR, I'd be happy to volunteer in any capacity. I make a mean sandwich.

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

kykfshr

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Nov 2007
I would like to help too, PM sent.

Scott

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
I think it would be good to clarify the location of the two chapters being discussed in this thread: I believe one is in the Seattle area, the one I'm working on is Portland based.

Hope to have more info next week if not sooner. The PDX one is affiliated with the local Disabled American Veterans, not sure exactly how. There may be a get together next month to kick things off.

iHop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Hobie Tandem Island. OK Tetra 12, Jackson Coosa

islandson671

• Heroes On The Water NWest
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Way to go Dino, I tried to contact them this summer to get them involved in Bass tourney, but never heard back from them.  Besides my time and a few fishing rods I can let folks use, I don't have much I can donate, but I will see what I can do through Next Adventure.  Once things get up and running let me know and we can try to get them involved in the Next Adventure tournaments.

Nate

If Next Adventure could donate some used gear would be really helpful. Its a tax write off.

firebunkers23

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
Being a post Vietnam Vet myself, 4 years of Tin Cans in the Navy. Anything I can do to help our Vet's, I will. I don't have much extra gear but I will look and see what I have. I think I do have a XL pfd I am not using, Ill check. Also being a Firefighter/EMT if I can help at an event in a medical capacity just let me know.

Ranger Dave

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
If any events go down in OR, I'd be happy to volunteer in any capacity. I make a mean sandwich.

I've heard that about you Ling Banger  :3some: (Comeon Bro, you had to know that one was coming from somebody) >:D

And you got it Aytch, glad to help as I can.
Retired Army - 67N/67V/67R/15R

Jpcrowley80

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
Just curious on the status of HOW.  Are there any events coming up?  I would like to assist if help is needed.

islandson671

• Heroes On The Water NWest
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Just curious on the status of HOW.  Are there any events coming up?  I would like to assist if help is needed.
I'm meeting with the guys at the VA this week, one of my buddies works with PTSD vets up there. I was hoping to have an event set up for this weekend but it looks like it'll be the following weekend. I'll ask polepole if he can create a forum designated for HOW NWest. I also started a facebook page and will get a link set up although there is nothing on it yet since we are just getting started.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Jpcrowley80

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
Thanks for the update. I think it will be a lot of fun.

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Way to go Dino. I just got the green light from HOW for the Portland Chapter to launch. I'll post details separately. Happy to receive any advice on getting up and running from your experiences.

iHop
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Hobie Tandem Island. OK Tetra 12, Jackson Coosa

SteveHawk

• ORC
  • Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
Dino,  I am helping IslandHoppa down here in Portland and am thinking, since we are all on the learning curve, that we might join forces to get each group started up.  If you need help at your events please call, Once there I can watch how you set up the day and such. Take notes and help out where I can. 

Wobbler, (Steve)
"if you aren't living life on the edge, your just taking up space"  Thom Rock

Green Outback, Blue Revo

funtofish

• Krill
  • www.funtofish.com
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
I know nothing about Heroes on the water... Where do you get more info... is it similar to the Wounded Warriors project? Besides running a Hobie shop I am also a rec. therapist/rehab counselor and my program is featured on the New Paralyzed Vets of America sports video and via other sources... check it out at www.funtosail.com and click on DISABLED tab... watch the first two videos on this page. First video is of me and my friend with a disAbility on a Tandem Island, second email shows a Hobie Adventure Island and Hobie 16 Trapseat at about the 19:40 mark.
funtofish.com

anything