Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:31:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Heroes on the Water NWest Chapter (WA)  (Read 9323 times)

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
FuntoFish! Great site and awesome video of the trip in the Tandem Island (kind of wondered why you left the front Mirage Drive in?). I was really impressed by the portage! I have dreams of sailing my TI the length of the Columbia (over many shorter trips). Maybe we can meet up some time!

I'm Area Coordinator for the new Portland Chapter of Heroes on the Water. Any advice on rigging kayaks and other tips for working with the disabled would be great. Your expertise would be an awesome asset to any H.O.W. chapter.

You can contact H.O.W. through their website and look into starting a chapter in your area.

www.HeroesOnTheWater.org

Let's keep in touch!

iHop
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Hobie Tandem Island. OK Tetra 12, Jackson Coosa

funtofish

• Krill
  • www.funtofish.com
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
I left the front drive in because sometimes Scott would lean forwarwd and pedal. We did not have the handcrank option for the trip like you see in the Paralyzed Vets sport video. We should have a couple sets built shortly.

I have worked with a wide range of persons with disAbilities... a lot with those with spinal cord injuries. To me the most challenging persons with disAbilities to work with is those with cognitive disabilities. Accommodating for a physical disAbilities is to me easy its those that are limited by their minds or a chemical imbalance that are the challenge. If you work with persons with physical disAbilities only they will normally come to you with all the knowledge they need to teach you what they need help with unless their disAbilities is recently acquired. So if you are not an expert on disAbilities then I would not take anyone into your program that is physically not stabalized medically or a year out which ever comes first... I better stop here... just call me as there is a lot to learn but there are way to simplify things.

Thanks for the note about the Heroes program... I will check it out.
funtofish.com

OlySpec

• FatYakker
  • Salmon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
Sign me up!!!  As a USMC Gulf War Vet, I would love the opportunity to help out with this chapter or events.  Please feel free to hit me up.  You have my contact info from my profile.

Hope the PFD I donated from my ORC swag gets to be used A LOT!!! (I forget which chapter it went to, but same org)

Thanks to whomever gave me the HOW sticker.  It is now proudly on the back of my Jeep.
Hobie Pro Angler
FatYakker's Journey - http://fatyakker.blogspot.com

“It is a crime to have amphibious power and leave it unused.”

— Winston Churchill

islandson671

• Heroes On The Water NWest
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Hey Erik

It went to NWest (WA) chapter. I will post an update tomorrow night of everything collected at ORC. I will let you know when we get a larger event set up. Thanks again!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Jpcrowley80

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
I'm not sure if you are looking for some contacts on Fort Lewis or if you already have them. I have the point of contact for the warrior transition battalion and also a guy (Chuck Tye) that puts on events with Healing Waters. He said that he is willing to share his resources if they are needed.  PM me if you would like the info.