Forum > The Mighty Columbia

Lower Columbia Advice

(1/3) > >>

Bassassin208:
Hello All, looking for some advice on the lower Columbia. Can anyone provide any insight on fall run timings? Is it best to fish the mouth or worth trying near Longview or Woodland this time of year? Just curious as to what general area may be best to focus my efforts. Any info is much appreciated. Tight lines

Captain Redbeard:
I don't spend a lot of time on salmon but if you watch the threads on here and other messageboards and Facebook groups you should be able to get a sense of when things are heating up.

I saw in the Fisherman's Marine and Outdoor newsletter today that they are getting reports of fish at the mouth and a few being seen in the Woodland stretch right now. Of course, it's a little different every year.

Tight lines!

Guppy Tamer:
I fished woodland yesterday. Lots of boats, but I didn't see a single fish landed. It won't be long though

bogueYaker:

--- Quote from: Guppy Tamer on August 14, 2022, 06:40:37 PM ---... It won't be long though

--- End quote ---

That's what the monkey said after a lawnmower ran over its tail!

On a slightly more serious note, I hope you get into them!

Beer_Run:

--- Quote from: Guppy Tamer on August 14, 2022, 06:40:37 PM ---I fished woodland yesterday. Lots of boats, but I didn't see a single fish landed. It won't be long though

--- End quote ---

Where did you launch? Last time I was there the gate to Austin Pt was locked and had to drop $10 for the ramp next door. If it is still locked I may be fishing out of Blurock landing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version