Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 11:51:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 11:21:53 AM]

by jed
[April 29, 2024, 05:39:20 PM]

[April 29, 2024, 08:40:31 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Brownlee Crappie Shootout 8  (Read 8643 times)

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Pro-Cure Bait Scents sent the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament 8 a fishy prize pack. This donation smells but in a good way.

Pro-Cure has been producing the best fish catching bait scents for many years and is continually coming up with new flavors every year from their mad scientist fish lab. Still hoping for Cricket Juice for catfish😉. Adding their gels to your lures and baits will definitely attract fish and have them hang on a longer giving you a better chance at a hook set. I use their products for all of the species I chase in fresh or salt water. Their Trophy Walleye has really stacked some fillets this season.

Their site at https://www.pro-cure.com/ has a huge selection spanning every species you may be after but don't hesitate to mix and match for a custom offering. I take the name on the bottle as more of a guideline than actual rules🏴‍☠️😆

Thank you Pro-Cure for the sweet donation.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
ACR Artex sent a awesome donation to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament 8 this year.

Safety is paramount while kayak fishing and ACR offers products that will help to mitigate any unforeseen emergency situations.

"ACR Electronics, Inc. is the leading development center for emergency beacons that are designed with one purpose: to save lives. Through our combined technology expertise in the marine, aviation, outdoor and military markets, we design and manufacture cutting edge rescue beacons and survival gear for boaters, pilots, hunters, hikers, climbers, cyclists, and combat troops, not to mention many of the leading boat builders and aircraft manufacturers in the industry." Visit their site at https://www.acrartex.com/

ACR sent one of their Bivy Stick Satellite Communication Devices for a lucky participant to take on their next adventure. Find more information on the Bivy Stick here:
https://www.acrartex.com/products/bivy-stick/

This is only the unit and does not include any subscription package.

Thank you ACR we appreciate the safety donation.

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Awesome sponsorship Jed!  I've been introduced to a lot of great new products and manufacturers over the years, simply by attending the BCS.  Keep up the great work.

-Mark-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Awesome sponsorship Jed!  I've been introduced to a lot of great new products and manufacturers over the years, simply by attending the BCS.  Keep up the great work.

-Mark-
Thanks Spot, glad you'll be over to defend the buckle this year.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Yak-Power sent an illuminating prize to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament this year.

Yak-Power has you covered for all of your kayak wiring and electrical system needs. Low light and nighttime fishing conditions require a dependable lighting system to keep you seen and safe. Yak-Power offers everything from complete systems to add on accessories to an existing set up. They keep the wiring systems simple and easy to use with a great support team to answer any questions you may have.

The donation is a Yak-Power Serious Complete System kit:

Complete plug-and-play wiring solution for adding and controlling 12-volt electronics on your kayak
Patented Power Panel electronic control system
Includes: (1) YP-RP5R Power Panel Switching System, (1) YP-PMC48S Power Port with 4ft. wire – Mid-ship, (2) YP-PMC96S Power Port with 8ft. wire – Bow, Stern, (1) YP-BTP12 Battery Pigtail – 12”, (3) YP-SAE4 Power Plug accessory connectors

Find all of their options at https://yak-power.com/

Thank you Yak-Power for the electrifying prize.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Please welcome Louisiana Custom Kayaks as a new sponsor for the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament this year.

This company donation was secured for us by a participant that worked closely with them back in Louisiana. LCK is a pretty sweet shop that does custom installations as well as retailing popular brands. Although they are based in Baton Rouge, they service customers throughout the country and is a reliable shop to order from.

Their walk through videos are pretty neat and will give you great ideas for your ride.

Check out their clean upgrades and products at https://lacustomkayaks.com/

The donation is for (5) $25 gift certificates.

Thank you for the support Louisiana Custom Kayaks.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
BOB'S JIGS has been a Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament supporter from early on and has sent another nice donation for participants.

Bob is a great guy that make some awesome crappie jigs. He was based on Brownlee reservoir right at the venue so you know he has the gear to catch the slabs.

He is constantly updating his inventory and bringing in molds for new lure styles. He makes great soft plastics for crappie and other panfish at very competitive prices.

Please visit his site at https://www.bobsjigs.com/ to find all of his products.

Thanks again Bob!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 05:51:03 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Brunton Outdoor has sent prizes to keep the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament 8 on course.

Compasses are often overlooked as an addition to your kayak safety gear but they can be a life saving tool in many situations on and off the water. Brunton offers sighting instruments, transit, and compasses ranging from the basic to professional.

"Since 1894, Brunton has set the gold standard in precision equipment for field-based professionals and outdoor enthusiasts. This long heritage of innovation, reliability, and quality has a rich history deeply rooted in the Mountain West where the brand continues to thrive to this day."

They sent 4 Brunton 8010 Baseplate Compasses along with 2 of their sweet hats.
8010 FEATURES

• TruArc™ Global Needle tilts up to 20˚ for balanced use worldwide.
• Tool-free declination adjustment is simple and fast to orient magnetic north to true north.
• Inch and millimeter scales for accurate and effective map work.
• Travel a bearing well after dark, the luminous azimuth ring, magnetic needle, direction of travel arrow and sight will glow brightly for up to 8 hours.
• Map magnifier helps with the smaller details on any map.
• 2˚ resolution azimuth ring provides accurate readings.
• Made in the USA in Riverton, Wyoming.

Find your way at https://www.brunton.com/

Thank you for the donation Brunton.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 05:37:08 PM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Hagen's sent a measurable prize to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament 8.

Up for grabs are 2 Hawg Troughs. 1 white and 1 flouro yellow.

https://www.hagensfish.com/shop/accessories/hawg-trough/

I would bet every kayak angler has owned a Hawg Trough at some point. Hagen's is the maker of this and many other fishing accessories and components for the DIY angler to get started and excel at making quality lures.

This company has been around for a long time and continues to offer great products and services, even the ability to customize gear due to their in house machine shop and production facility.
Find their huge line of products at https://www.hagensfish.com/

Thank you Hagen's Fishing Components for the great donation.

Dungydog

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Nov 2017
@Jed, I have a background in sponsorship sales and I've gotta say, my goodness you're killing it! Unfortunately I can't join the shootout, but it's going to be like Christmas for everyone. Keep up the great work!
-Craig

2018 Hobie Outback 12
2017 Native Propel 10

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Who here has experience setting up a non-profit LLC?  The lack of a 501c3 has limited sponsor involvement in the BCS. 

-Mark-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

Zach.Dennis

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2015
I would recommend setting it up under a general umbrella then obtaining permits for that org to host events- that way this could help with more then just one event.  the most difficult part of obtaining 501c3 will be showing how the money will be used and not just funneled through other 501c3 orgs. 

I have not personally done it but understand the steps as the following:

1. Choose a name for your organization: Choose a unique name that reflects your mission and is not already taken by another organization registered in Oregon. You can check the availability of your desired name on the Oregon Secretary of State website.

2. Draft Articles of Incorporation: Draft and file articles of incorporation with the Oregon Secretary of State. The articles of incorporation should include the name and purpose of the organization, the names of the initial directors, and a statement that the organization will operate as a nonprofit under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.

3. Apply for an EIN: Apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The EIN is a unique number that identifies your organization for tax purposes.

4. Apply for Tax Exemption: Apply for tax-exempt status with the IRS by filing Form 1023 or Form 1023-EZ. The application will require detailed information about your organization's mission, activities, and finances.

5. Register with the Oregon Attorney General: Register your organization with the Oregon Attorney General's Charitable Activities Section. This is required for all charitable organizations that solicit funds in Oregon.

6. Establish accounting and record-keeping systems: Develop accounting and record-keeping systems that comply with nonprofit regulations and ensure accurate financial reporting.

7.  File Annual Reports: File annual reports with the Oregon Secretary of State and the IRS to maintain your organization's legal and tax-exempt status.

These are general guidelines and the paperwork is not too difficult to complete. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 02:59:29 PM by Zach.Dennis »
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC

Zach.Dennis

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2015
Another idea is finding a 501c3 already in place that the BCS would provide fundraising for, such as Heroes on the Water.  Have them provide event permits and have all proceeds go to that organization and then donations to the event could be funneled through HOW and utilize their 501c3
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Thanks to the DMF Bait we now have worms! But in a good way.

Your first fishing memories probably included bait of some kind and it was probably a worm. They are one of the most popular baits because they are readily available and will catch almost every kind of freshwater fish. Perfect for the BCS format.

DMF Bait Co has been a leader in bait distribution since 1977 and are more popular than ever right now. They have expanded their products over the years and now offer several types of worms, leeches, crickets, and even packaged baits for catfish and other bottom feeding species.

Their worms can be found at most tackle shops or check them out online at https://dmfbait.com/
DMF will be sending 500 nightcrawlers for participants to use during the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament 8. These will definitely help your chances at winning the buckle but don't worry, I won't put them in the swag bags.

Thank you DMF Bait Co for the awesome donation.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 06:23:56 PM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Leland's Lures sent a super attractive prize to the BCS 8.

Please welcome Leland's Lures as a new sponsor this year. Leland's is the maker of  the more well know brands Trout Magnet and Crappie Magnet.

With a name like that we had to have some of their gear at the event. Anglers are figuring out that just because a lure is made with one species in mind, it dose not exclude the lures attraction to others. This cross over ability is what makes certain lures very effective and popular to anglers and fish alike. These lures really do have a magnetic attraction!

The prize includes:

2 Crappie magnet Fin Commander Kits

2 Crappie Magnet Best of the Best Kits

2 Crappie Magnet Fin Spin Kits

2 Trout Magnet TNT Kits

2 Tackle Packs

2 Panfish Magnet Kits

2 Super Cool Hats

Be sure to pick up some of their gear before heading over to the event to increase your chances to #winthebuckle  . Their lures may be found at Walmart and many other local shops as well as online at https://troutmagnet.com/

Thank you Leland's Lure/Trout Magnet for the magnetic donation.

anything