Forum > Washington Kayak Fishing

Nisqually delta blackmouth

(1/2) > >>

artem:
Have some chances to go fishing New Year weekend and wanted to try some winter blackmouth at nisqually delta area. Whats the lowest tide i should be aware of? Thanks and Happy New Year!

workhard:

--- Quote from: artem on December 29, 2023, 08:59:36 PM ---Have some chances to go fishing New Year weekend and wanted to try some winter blackmouth at nisqually delta area. Whats the lowest tide i should be aware of? Thanks and Happy New Year!

--- End quote ---

I’ve launched at -2ft but had to get out and walk the kayak to edge of the flat.

artem:
So tomorrows low will be around 5-6ft still doable?
Thanks

[WR]:
Late on this.

Artemis, Luhr Beach/ Nisqually Delta launch is a gigantic mud flat. SAFEST launches at a rising tide or high Slack.

Check the area maps at salmonuniversity.com  for your best chances.

[WR]

workhard:

--- Quote from: artem on December 31, 2023, 02:35:19 PM ---So tomorrows low will be around 5-6ft still doable?
Thanks

--- End quote ---

Late, but yeah. You can ride the kayak in and out around a 0 tide. I’ve done it hundreds of times.

WR obviously never stepped on the flat because then he’d know McAllister creek channel is compacted sand. I wouldn’t walk on it for funsies, but it if you have to it can be walked on just use caution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version