Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:13:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Anyone fishing this weekend?  (Read 2948 times)

Beer_Run

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
Seems the bays on the coast may not be great with fish moving upriver. Based on Roger's report and a friend too, Siltcoos isn't producing Coho yet. Last gasp on the Columbia? Late Kokanee at Merwin? Weather too good to not get the kayak out. 
- Bob

2020 Hobie Outback - Seagrass
2021 Old Town AutoPilot 120 - Blue/Gray

SD2OR

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2020
I'm trying for dinos at Swan on Sunday, you are of course welcome to join.
A day without fishing probably wouldn't kill me,
but why risk it?

3rd Place AOTY 2023

3rd Place ORC 2023

1st Place Team Event BCS 2023
12th Place Individual BCS 2023

2nd Place AOTY 2022
1st Place Tiny Fish Slam 2022

2007 Red Hobie Outback "Serenity"
2021 Camo Hobie Outback "Lagertha"

Beer_Run

• Lingcod
That might be a good plan as long as when I am done I still have a catalytic converter on my truck, or wheels, doors, engine, etc

Have you been down there lately? 
- Bob

YakOnDaSea

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Feb 2021
it seems like PC could work this Sunday, but haven't heard anyone talking about it. Perhaps I'm missing some info....maybe too windy?
Newb here and any advice/suggestions is much appreciated  ;D

Cheers!

SD2OR

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2020
Beer_Run, I have not been there since early this year.
I've launched there five or six times, since moving to OR, and thus far have had no issues myself, despite the looks of the place. I certainly leave nothing of value in my truck.

Have you heard horror stories as of late?

I have launched at Cathedral, and ended up at Swan, after hours of no springer bites. It's a bit of a long pedal/paddle, but nothing you couldn't handle. Not sure if there are any closer launches, with less risky parking.

I'll research that a bit today....does anyone else have any recommendations of places to launch?
A day without fishing probably wouldn't kill me,
but why risk it?

3rd Place AOTY 2023

3rd Place ORC 2023

1st Place Team Event BCS 2023
12th Place Individual BCS 2023

2nd Place AOTY 2022
1st Place Tiny Fish Slam 2022

2007 Red Hobie Outback "Serenity"
2021 Camo Hobie Outback "Lagertha"

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
I've launched there five or six times, since moving to OR, and thus far have had no issues myself, despite the looks of the place. I certainly leave nothing of value in my truck.

I have launched at Cathedral, and ended up at Swan, after hours of no springer bites. It's a bit of a long pedal/paddle, but nothing you couldn't handle. Not sure if there are any closer launches, with less risky parking.

I'll research that a bit today....does anyone else have any recommendations of places to launch?

In past years there's been some killer sturgeon fishing in the "Toyota Hole" about 1/4 mile from Cathedral park, If you don't mind anchoring up in 50-70ft of water it can be super productive, even more so than at swan island sometimes.
-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

WetNet

• Perch
  • ...or where the fish are
  • Date Registered: Jun 2021
Ho's on the Willy?  ;D
Sometimes bad things happen to good fish.

2021 Old Town Big Water

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
I can confirm the tilly bay is a mud hole right now, one lonely boat trolling it at 1430 today and very brown water.

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

Asully503

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Jun 2020

I personally haven't had any issues at Cathedral (never launched at swan) but there have been many confirmed smash and grab thefts, stolen trucks and trailers, etc. Worst thing I can say about Cathedral was when I was approached by a lady with her pants halfway down asking me for TP or wipes coming out the outhouse. Luckily, I had travel pack of wipes and told her to keep them when she tried to give them back after she was done. Unfortunately I think parking anywhere in Portland right now is a risk, Fred's might be the best option for $10 but that puts you pretty far downstream of where you want to be.

Beer_Run

• Lingcod

In past years there's been some killer sturgeon fishing in the "Toyota Hole" about 1/4 mile from Cathedral park, If you don't mind anchoring up in 50-70ft of water it can be super productive, even more so than at swan island sometimes.

Now that sounds interesting. Got my Old Town AP a few weeks ago and using Spot-Lock for things like this is why I took the plunge. NO WAY I would even think about anchoring in that depth. Going to take a flyer and head up to Merwin to see if I can get some late season Kokanee. Maybe Sturgeon Sunday

- Bob

Stinger Hook

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
I plan on fishing the mouth of the Klickitat on Sunday. Most likely with a friend. I never fished it this late in the season but from what I read it normally fishes well into November. There are are big differences between numbers of salmon having crossed Bonneville Dam and The Dalles Dam. The wind will be light if the forecast holds true.

• Date Registered: Feb 2009
It was a little windy this morning and the Klick had about 4" of visibility on it. Nothing caught for me for 3 hours of fishing though there were some "caught" above me...

Fred "True" Trujillo
"This above all: to thine own self, be true, and it must follow, as the day the night, thou canst not then be false to any man."

WetNet

• Perch
  • ...or where the fish are
  • Date Registered: Jun 2021
I plan on fishing the mouth of the Klickitat on Sunday. Most likely with a friend. I never fished it this late in the season but from what I read it normally fishes well into November. There are are big differences between numbers of salmon having crossed Bonneville Dam and The Dalles Dam. The wind will be light if the forecast holds true.

Where do you launch from to fish the Klick?
Sometimes bad things happen to good fish.

2021 Old Town Big Water

Stinger Hook

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
@WetNet
At the boat launch in Lyle on Cove Rd (to get there take the 7th St exit from highway 14). You can walk your kayak all the way down to the Columbia. Three is no dock. Parking is free on the shoulder of the road. The mouth of the Klick is less than half a mile downstream. As long as you stay on the Columbia you are good with either Oregon or Washington license. This is what i do. As soon as you go into the Klick itself you'll need an WA license.

@Fred
Thanks for the report! Doesn't sound like the fishing is flaming hot but i will try my luck anyway.

Beer_Run

• Lingcod
Hope you have better luck with the wind than I did yesterday at Merwin. Launched at first light. Already windy when I got out on the main lake. Headed right as usual. Already a decent chop, but started hooking (not landing) fish immediately. Hooked and lost 5 and was thinking about heading back in as it was pretty rough. Made it around the corner into the big cove where the wind was blocked and the lake was mostly smooth. Landed 3 and lost 3 before the wind made it around the corner and I decided to troll back in. As I came around the corner I ran into 30mph wind and huge white caps. Worst conditions I have ever been in on the kayak including bad ocean at ORC this year and anytime on the Columbia. Got as close to shore as I could and basically forgot I was still trolling. Luckily the only thing I lost was my downrigger weight. VERY long ride back to the ramp. When you are driving to go fishing and the weatherman says the easy wind is going to be "brisk" in the gorge, listen and maybe go back to bed.
- Bob

anything