Forum > Introduce Yourself

Hobie From SD

(1/2) > >>

Oolie:
Hello, pedal yakker here from SoCal.
Just moved up, and in three months when the time to buy licenses comes I will be eligible for a resident one, just in time for lings.

I was reviewing the rules for fishing WA state and wow there are some.

I'm eager to show the Kings and bottomfish the bottom of my net!

Fred "True" Trujillo:
Welcome aboard! What part of SoCal you from? I'm from Long Beach originally.

Fred "True" Trujillo

Oolie:
San Diego, lot's of good fishing near shore there, I feel the Sound won't be too different from La Jolla or Long beach.

SD2OR:
I'm from San Diego too.
Didn't get real serious about kayak fishing till I moved up here. I pretty much only fished largemouth down there. I will forever regret not taking my boat on the salt for calico, sandys, halibut, tail, white sea bass, and or thresher, in the 15 years I lived there.

I really appreciate the variety up here tho. To date, I have caught 39 species in Oregon, way more than I ever did in CA.

I have no doubt you'll love the fishing up here!
NWKA is great, definintely reduced the learning curve for me while figuring out how to target and catch new species. Also, pretty much every friend I've made since moving here, was a result of the site.

If you're not already familiar with such things, definitely make sure you have all the proper safety gear and know how. Lots of info here about all that.

Be safe, have fun!

Fred "True" Trujillo:
I'm originally from Long Beach myself. I miss the days of LA Harbor fishing and getting out to Catalina and San Clemente (from charters of course) and fishing for bonito and yellowtail. Ah, the days of my youth. Have fun with those halis in the sound. If you like 'em real close to shore, you're going to love it!

Fred "True" Trujillo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version