Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:39:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:31:18 AM]

by Spot
[May 16, 2024, 08:44:06 PM]

by [WR]
[May 16, 2024, 05:38:38 PM]

by Plap
[May 15, 2024, 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: South Sound Meetup  (Read 102725 times)

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
The round table pizza off Hosmer around 72nd street used to have side rooms you could reserve.  They moved buildings and I'm not sure if they still have them though.

holtfisher

• Lingcod
The round table pizza off Hosmer around 72nd street used to have side rooms you could reserve.  They moved buildings and I'm not sure if they still have them though.
Thank you Lee, I will check it out. holt
Hobie Revo, Mirage Drive

squidgirl

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Another thought for a meetup ....

Say on a sunday Afternoon. do a potluck at someones house. we all take turns hosting it.  That way we can bring our yaks and tackle and do some technique swaping and this is how i did this. and not have to worry about a restraunt enviroment.

And doing it on a sunday we could do it in the afternoon where we have daylight to play show and tell outside. and the family could come along to.

Marilyn (SG)
"Life is short lets go fishing"

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
I was actually hoping it would turn into a weekend meetup in the summertime so we could fish too.   :)

holtfisher

• Lingcod
I was actually hoping it would turn into a weekend meetup in the summertime so we could fish too.   :)

Good thoughts.  Brainstorm - piggyback, how about a Sunday afternoon veranda at a park close to water, plenty of room for family, show and tell etc? People can try out peddle/paddle, wide, skinny boats, etc. Anyone have ideas of that type of Southsound salt or fresh water park availability?  Veranda in case of rain, however we can bring some tarps or???  Someones home could also work. We are out due to lacation, no back yard and tiny front yard in retirement community.   
Ohhhhhh, we have access to a veranda on reservation basis in Jubilee (Hawks Prairie), will check and see if is free or....but water is not close by  holt
Hobie Revo, Mirage Drive

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
might be a stretch for some, but another nice venue that has those attributes is Millersylvania State Park just south of Oly.  Not sure about Tolmie, or  Salt Water SP's, or any of the public areas along the east shore of the Sound. places like American Lake,  Marine Drive in Tacoma? anything in Steilacoom or Tillicum?
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

squidgirl

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Sunnyside Beach in Stillicoom its got a covered place. and its right on the pudget sound. I dont know about how it is to launch there anyone with more experience be able to answer that.

SG
"Life is short lets go fishing"

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
Sunnyside Beach in Stillicoom its got a covered place. and its right on the pudget sound. I dont know about how it is to launch there anyone with more experience be able to answer that.

SG

With my 40 pound SIK, it's a great launch, with my 90lb Tarpon, it's a nightmare.  You can wheeleez down from the parking lot, but once you get close to the water you have to navigate 2-3ft diameter logs and a small beach that is VERY crowded any time it's warm.  Oh and very limited parking on nice days.

Millersylvania State Park looks nice, Nice little lake on the map (I've never actually been there)   

American Lake has American Lake South County Park.  I haven't been there, but I like American Lake cuz it's so big and no wake zone near the park area.  The wakeboard terrorists generally stick to the west shore where there are no houses.  There is also some place called Bill's Boat House that caters to fishing.  There is also American Lake North Park, with a REALLY nice boat launch that costs $10... but you can get around that fee by parking in the park area.  I could research this option if people are interested.

Offut Lake has a public launch somewhere... and a "resort" that I'm researching to possibly take my kids to this weekend (Swiftdraw pointed that place out)

Alder Lake is a good drive, but on a weekend it's a great place and easy Kokanee killings.

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • ADTA.org
yeah all good places. i'd like to suggest we save the parks , with the exception of american lake, til warmer weather?? was thnking you have good ideas already, it's just a matter of sorting them out.

BTW,  Millersylvania isn't all that far south of Tumwater, and when i was scouting it the other year to do the initial HoW event, the head ranger told me, ' We've got lots and lots of bass." [Cobrakak, they'd still love to host an event... the head ranger is a Vietnam vet who lit up at the idea.]

http://wdfw.wa.gov/viewing/guides/i5/i-5_map.pdf

and

http://www.stateparks.com/millersylvania.html

the lake is slightly kidney shaped, about 3/4 mile long. and the park is on the, ummmm, N..E shoreline. there are multiple large covered pavillion/kitchens with fire places, and the boat launch is all the way at the back of the entry road. lilly pads and shore cover along all edges. have to check but i think there is a motor restriction and jet ski prohibition on the lake.

guys, i feel like i'm dumping on ya for the scheduling of the 2nd meetup, but like i've said, i got tagged for Jury Duty.. oh boy oh joy.

Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

holtfisher

• Lingcod
All SouthSounders Meetup - Please provide your input to this posting by Thursday January 26, which gives enough time to set the location up.

WR, all good input.   At this point, I believe only 3 of us have stepped up to meet for February.
At this time the schedule is loose for February 9, Tuesday 7:00 PM, location Firalies, Dupont.  Please state if this date works for you.  If this date is not workable for you, please provide the February day you can make a meeting and we can sure look at majority rule.  Thank you, holt
Hobie Revo, Mirage Drive

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • ADTA.org
Holt,
remind me. did i provide you the general manager's contact info for Firellili's yet? i can't remember.

holtfisher

• Lingcod
Holt,
remind me. did i provide you the general manager's contact info for Firellili's yet? i can't remember.

Yes indeed,  thank you, holt
Hobie Revo, Mirage Drive

Em7b5

• Perch
  • Date Registered: May 2009
  Hi all, I'll be stuck on Anderson Island the 9th to 11th and can't make the meeting this time. The ideas that are popping up sure sound good though, I'll want to make the next one.   Chris

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
That lake at Millersylvania isn't open til Last Saturday in April anyways   :)

Fishin-T

• Lingcod
  • It's called a "Slow Loris"
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
  Hi all, I'll be stuck on Anderson Island the 9th to 11th and can't make the meeting this time. The ideas that are popping up sure sound good though, I'll want to make the next one.   Chris

Getting "stuck" sounds more like a problem that happens on McNeil Island just to the north of Anderson.   :D

Fishin-T
If at first you don't succeed....  maybe skydiving is just not for you.