Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:27:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[May 06, 2024, 01:30:17 PM]

by DBam
[May 06, 2024, 10:23:23 AM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 11:31:01 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 07:01:25 PM]

[May 03, 2024, 05:31:42 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 11:21:53 AM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: 6th annual Sunset Bay Angler Of The Day Kayak Fishing Challenge announcement  (Read 16488 times)

• WS Commander 120, OK Trident 13, Revo 13
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
Boy! Wish I was out there today! I hope this long range forecast trend bares no truth for AOTD. Obviously its too early to tell, but better bring salmon gear as a backup plan! That is the backup plan isn't it Roy?
Better to keep ones mouth shut and presumed a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
<Proverbs>

• Chris
  • True Life: I'm Addicted To Kayak Fishing
  • Date Registered: Jun 2012
I was just thinking the same thing, Erik.
1st Place 2015 Chinook Showdown 
8th Place 2014 AOTD
1st Place 2013 AOTD                        
"Everyone should believe in something,  I believe I'll go fishing."

Sponsorship and Support:
Waxer's Surf Shop
Hobie Fishing Team
Lancer Jigs
Pro-Cure Scents

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Salmon fishing as a back up plan?  I'm think windsurfing would be a better venue.   
Can you just imagine the air a guy could get off them wind waves in the river?  >:D

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

• WS Commander 120, OK Trident 13, Revo 13
Screw it! Everybody bring freedive gear! We are going to do it BigJim style!
Better to keep ones mouth shut and presumed a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
<Proverbs>

SamM

• Lingcod
  • McDowellHome
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
got stop wishing,
     got to go fishing...
          - Jimmy Buffett

Hobie Oasis, Outback, i11s

jsmccormick

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2015
I'm up for a salmon tourney! Lol
2016 2nd Place Brownlee Crappie Shootout
2015 7th Place Boniville Bass Bonanza

2015 Hobie Revolution 13
2015 Hobie Oasis

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
Screw it! Everybody bring freedive gear! We are going to do it BigJim style!

And in other news...  http://theworldlink.com/news/local/public-health-advisory-issued-for-sunset-bay-state-park-beach/article_fa757e5f-6b80-5dd1-aca6-fca497492882.html

Sorry...

-Sam

How the heck is this possible?  Has there even been any rain down there in the past month? 

Increased pathogen and fecal bacteria levels in ocean waters can come from shore and inland sources, such as stormwater runoff, sewer overflows, failing septic systems, and animal waste from livestock, pets and wildlife.

The rest sound like a failure on the Cooz Bay department of poop'n flow's part somehow.

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

T_Angler

• Perch
Salmon fishing as a back up plan?  I'm think windsurfing would be a better venue.   
Can you just imagine the air a guy could get off them wind waves in the river?  >:D

Plan C:

Kayak Bass Fishing Tournament at Ten Mile Lakes???
2015 ORC 8th place
2015 AOTD 5th place

SamM

• Lingcod
  • McDowellHome
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011

How the heck is this possible?  Has there even been any rain down there in the past month? 

Increased pathogen and fecal bacteria levels in ocean waters can come from shore and inland sources, such as stormwater runoff, sewer overflows, failing septic systems, and animal waste from livestock, pets and wildlife.

The rest sound like a failure on the Cooz Bay department of poop'n flow's part somehow.

I don't know, but it appears to come and go down there.  Just saw they had a similar advisory early in June - posted by Ling Banger...

Maybe animal waste from wildlife - you guys have already scared the crap out of all of the big lings/cabs that are going to be caught during the tournament next weekend!    :dontknow:

-Sam
got stop wishing,
     got to go fishing...
          - Jimmy Buffett

Hobie Oasis, Outback, i11s

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
I don't know, but it appears to come and go down there.  Just saw they had a similar advisory early in June - posted by Ling Banger...

Yeah these seem to happen pretty frequently; I don't know how serious they are. I'd guess it will be clear by the time we're down there. Anyone from the Coos Collective want to weigh in? I mean I'm coming either way, so whatever. What's a drysuit for if not to keep off fecal bacteria?  >:D

• Chris
  • True Life: I'm Addicted To Kayak Fishing
  • Date Registered: Jun 2012
This advisory comes up a couple of days after every trip I make, I'm almost certain. I want to state for the record that I have never done a #2 while kayak fishing. It wasn't me!

It's pretty obvious when the levels are high, you'll come back to the beach and there's a dark greenish tint to the water. It should clear up before the tourney, but I feel like we won't have to worry about that if conditions end up as predicted.
1st Place 2015 Chinook Showdown 
8th Place 2014 AOTD
1st Place 2013 AOTD                        
"Everyone should believe in something,  I believe I'll go fishing."

Sponsorship and Support:
Waxer's Surf Shop
Hobie Fishing Team
Lancer Jigs
Pro-Cure Scents

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
I feel like we won't have to worry about that if conditions end up as predicted.

Come on, man up Ling  :laugh:

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
It can't be any worse than the Willamette river at any point of the year.   :o

surf12foot

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
It has nothing to do with the parks or golf course waste sewer treatment( theirs is a contained dry land plant). 98% of the matter is marine mammal poop. Mostly sea lions, sea birds, seals and the way the currents work in there. A guy did a study of the currents a few years ago with oranges that had satellite gps attach to them. he trak them for a month and found that they took about 4 to 5 days to leave the inner bay and get to the outer part of Sunset which there it took a couple more days for them to get to the open ocean. Even then some got carried back in and they started the process all over, eventually they all made it to the open ocean.
Scott

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
It has nothing to do with the parks or golf course waste sewer treatment( theirs is a contained dry land plant). 98% of the matter is marine mammal poop. Mostly sea lions, sea birds, seals and the way the currents work in there. A guy did a study of the currents a few years ago with oranges that had satellite gps attach to them. he trak them for a month and found that they took about 4 to 5 days to leave the inner bay and get to the outer part of Sunset which there it took a couple more days for them to get to the open ocean. Even then some got carried back in and they started the process all over, eventually they all made it to the open ocean.

Sounds like it's time to face the problem head on with a shot gun.   :whip2: