Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:53:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 08:37:24 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Anyone fishing Puget Sound?  (Read 2284 times)

demonick

• Sturgeon
  • Domenick Venezia, Author
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
... for ling or salmon?
demonick
Author, Linc Malloy Legacies -- Action/Adventure/Thrillers
2021 Chanticleer Finalist - Global Thriller Series & High Stakes Fiction
Rip City Legacy, Book 6 latest release!
DomenickVenezia.com

bogueYaker

• Lingcod
  • Pace the halls and climb the walls
  • Date Registered: Aug 2019
I'll be hitting it pretty hard as of a couple days ago -- jumping b/w MA11 & M10 until more westward areas open up.

Yellow revo 13 w/ a huge net. Holler if you see me but holler loud bc I can't hear for shit.

demonick

• Sturgeon
Any luck so far?

I too have a yellow Revo13.
demonick
DomenickVenezia.com

bogueYaker

• Lingcod
Nada for me, been down to PD twice -- given the CPUE for MA11, coming home empty handed almost feels like I'm in the minority. Maybe those fish are coming from elsewhere; yesterday morning seemed pretty dead.

Also saw some notable coho CPUE out of shilshole marina yesterday. Wonder if that's jeff head? I'll be checking out east side a couple mornings this upcoming work week.

workhard

• Salmon
  • Get off your computer and fish
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
Yesterday in 11 and 13. All places I’ve landed fish from my kayak, all jigging.

demonick

• Sturgeon
Small hatchery Chinooks?
demonick
DomenickVenezia.com

bogueYaker

• Lingcod

hell yeah

Small hatchery Chinooks?

you seem fun
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 07:05:23 PM by bogueYaker »

workhard

• Salmon

hell yeah

Small hatchery Chinooks?

you seem fun

25-27” so yeah kinda. I punched out 30-50 chinook a year from a kayak, so good luck to you and your pursuits of puget sound salmon and lingcod demonick. I hope you find one.

Seattleite

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Mar 2022

hell yeah

Small hatchery Chinooks?

you seem fun

25-27” so yeah kinda. I punched out 30-50 chinook a year from a kayak, so good luck to you and your pursuits of puget sound salmon and lingcod demonick. I hope you find one.

Dang. If you would ever consider taking a newbie along with you, please let me know! I started last year and have caught a handful of lingcod and only 2 coho - would love to learn from someone who is doing way better than I am. In exchange for some beers of course  8)
2018 Hobie Outback

workhard

• Salmon

hell yeah

Small hatchery Chinooks?

you seem fun

Dang. If you would ever consider taking a newbie along with you, please let me know! I started last year and have caught a handful of lingcod and only 2 coho - would love to learn from someone who is doing way better than I am. In exchange for some beers of course  8)

I generally don't fish with people and actively avoid everyone else on the water.  If you go through my post history I usually post when/what area/how I caught fish along with my philosophy on kayak fishing - particularly jigging for chinook.

If you're looking for good information on spots / whatever I'd recommend:
Saltwater fishing in Washington - Frank Haw (1973)
Archived 'Fishin Magician' Kitsap Sun Articles like this. There's a bunch of them about fishing central sound. They're golden but hard to find.
Salt Patrol

The Salmon University website is what shows up in google first but is extremely lacking in a lot of ways. You won't find good information on message boards unless you dig deep into them, like prior to 2008- before the people who knew what they were doing got burned and left.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 03:38:31 PM by workhard »

Seattleite

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Mar 2022

hell yeah

Small hatchery Chinooks?

you seem fun

I generally don't fish with people and actively avoid everyone else on the water.  If you go through my post history I usually post when/what area/how I caught fish along with my philosophy on kayak fishing - particularly jigging for chinook.

If you're looking for good information on spots / whatever I'd recommend:
Saltwater fishing in Washington - Frank Haw (1973)
Archived 'Fishin Magician' Kitsap Sun Articles like this. There's a bunch of them about fishing central sound. They're golden but hard to find.
Salt Patrol

The Salmon University website is what shows up in google first but is extremely lacking in a lot of ways. You won't find good information on message boards unless you dig deep into them, like prior to 2008- before the people who knew what they were doing got burned and left.

No worries, I appreciate the recommendations! Stay safe out there.
2018 Hobie Outback

kaz

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Oct 2018

Hey workhard,  still prowling 11 & 13!  As usual, very convincing evidence.  This spring/summer,  I've been learning how to surf fish and snare crab in the Westport/Ocean City area, but once again I'll be at PNP on opening day.  Have you seen any data on the prospects for the Kings at PNP?  The tides look pretty favorable - dead High at about 2:00AM - so by predawn hours I'll be fishing the ebb. 

kaz
Cape Falcon F1 (homemade, skin boat)
Trident 13
Necky Dolphin 14

workhard

• Salmon

Hey workhard,  still prowling 11 & 13!  As usual, very convincing evidence.  This spring/summer,  I've been learning how to surf fish and snare crab in the Westport/Ocean City area, but once again I'll be at PNP on opening day.  Have you seen any data on the prospects for the Kings at PNP?  The tides look pretty favorable - dead High at about 2:00AM - so by predawn hours I'll be fishing the ebb. 

kaz

Long time no see, I hope you're doing well man. Up that high I'd just look at the total run size forecast for chinook to puget sound, the tides - faster is almost always better for jigging points, and the CPUE coming out of 5 and 6 which both open before 9. There really no way of singling out how good one spot would be where the stocks would be as mixed as they are there.

If you're into the snaring you should try Tokeland dock and the Ilwaco jetty (stupid good for crab)

kaz

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Oct 2018
Well workhard,  I'm doing pretty well.  I'm trying to learn how to retire,  and it's not easy [it is expensive].  I have been pondering a semi-nomadic lifestyle,  and I'm looking to buy a small travel trailer.  If all this works,  I'll try living around the coast for a season or two.  My trips to the coast have been scouting/recon missions. 

Thanks for the tip about crab-snaring. I'll be giving Tokeland or Ilwaco a try.   I have another reservation at Twin Harbors SP next week,  but I plan on exploring the coast.  I am honestly greedy when it comes to Dungeness.  I made 4 snares with salvaged chicken wire and some weedwacker line.  Sloppy but effective.

At PNP I'm bringing two rods.  One for mooching,  and one for jigging [with your sliding rig].  I'll be alternating rods. 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 03:27:57 PM by kaz »
Cape Falcon F1 (homemade, skin boat)
Trident 13
Necky Dolphin 14

workhard

• Salmon
Well workhard,  I'm doing pretty well.  I'm trying to learn how to retire,  and it's not easy [it is expensive].  I have been pondering a semi-nomadic lifestyle,  and I'm looking to buy a small travel trailer.  If all this works,  I'll try living around the coast for a season or two.  My trips to the coast have been scouting/recon missions. 

Thanks for the tip about crab-snaring. I'll be giving Tokeland or Ilwaco a try.   I have another reservation at Twin Harbors SP next week,  but I plan on exploring the coast.  I am honestly greedy when it comes to Dungeness.  I made 4 snares with salvaged chicken wire and some weedwacker line.  Sloppy but effective.

At PNP I'm bringing two rods.  One for mooching,  and one for jigging [with your sliding rig].  I'll be alternating rods.

That Ilwaco jetty is 10/10 for the snares. The limit is 12 crab at 5.75" and I have limited out every time I went for the past five years. If you have some extra razor clams stuff them in the snare - I used to crab commercially in CA and we'd order them from WA/AK just to add to the bait, dungeness absolutely love them.

anything