Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:52:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Rinse bottle  (Read 2837 times)

Eric B

• Krill
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Just recently bought one of these little pump bottles to keep in the truck.  So handy for quickly rinsing off the worst of the salt and sand from my gear before loading up to head home.

Beer_Run

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
Thanks for the poke. I have been meaning to get one of these. Just ordered a 1 gal garden sprayer from Amazon. Will feel much bettet getting the salt off of the motor on the Oldtown Autopilot as well as rods, reels, tools, etc.
- Bob

2020 Hobie Outback - Seagrass
2021 Old Town AutoPilot 120 - Blue/Gray

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
I might suggest adding Salt-A-Way to the water used to rinse the motor, at least.  It helps dissolve a lot more salt than plain water.  Check with Old Town to see what why say, but so far it's never marred any of my stuff - even those delicate, spider-web aluminum fly reels.

(I have no affiliation with whomever makes the stuff.  I just use it.) 
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

YakHunter

• Salmon
  • Retired!
  • Date Registered: Jun 2020
I started carrying a Ryobi Cordless pressure washer for my yak (but not my reels).  I figure why bring all that sand and stuff to my truck and home when I can leave it at the parking lot.  I also carry a portable inflator just in case I pick up a nail in my tire.  Uses the same battery.
Hobie PA14
Hobie Outback
Hobie Adventure Island
Hobie Tandem Island
Jackson CudaHD
BlueSky 360 Angler

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
I also got a Ryobi (since I have tons of batteries already) for rinsing off our HOW boats (and mine).  Works great!
Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
I'm use Salt Away as well. Freaking magic juice!!

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

Larry_MayII_HR

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
For those fishing out of Fogarty - there is a freshwater footwashing station near the north lot restroom...I've been meaning to throw a hose in the car for the last few trips for washing off the boat before leaving. The end of the valve doesn't have any threads, but it appears to be 3/4" diameter - so it will have to be something with a compression fitting. Food for thought...

Helium Head

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
I use Salt Away as well. Large trash can filled with fresh water and Salt Away.  Soak my gear as soon as I get home. Has kept my equipment corrosion free for years.
Hobie Revolution 13 olive
Hobie Revolution 13 yellow

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
Agree 100% on Salt-away.

Also, another fresh water on-the-go option is RinseKit. We bought one of these years ago and use it all the time when fishing saltwater. I've been told it's also handy for kids and pets.

https://rinsekit.com/

Shin09

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
I bring a two gallon garden sprayer with me when I need to rinse some sand off. Not the most powerful spray but it’s cheap and dual purpose.  Just have to remember to rinse it out real good if I have used it for it’s true purpose

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin

Also, another fresh water on-the-go option is RinseKit. We bought one of these years ago and use it all the time when fishing saltwater. I've been told it's also handy for kids and pets.

https://rinsekit.com/

Thank you for the RinseKit suggestion.  I live with dogs who love nothing more than wallowing mud and muck, and poo-diving.  They're offering half off the RinseKit pod right now - those that have an error in the graphics. 
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

Squidder_K

• Rockfish
  • A bad day of fishing is still better than a good d
  • Date Registered: Sep 2018
I started carrying a Ryobi Cordless pressure washer for my yak (but not my reels).  I figure why bring all that sand and stuff to my truck and home when I can leave it at the parking lot.  I also carry a portable inflator just in case I pick up a nail in my tire.  Uses the same battery.

How do you like this?  I have a bunch of Ryobi 18volt stuff. So I have debated grabbing one of these.
US Army & Army National Guard Veteran of 34 years
Veteran 36th Infantry Division "The Fighting Texans!," FOB Danger, Tikrit Iraq 2005
Boston Sports Fan since 1967, I have seen the highs, and the lows of Boston sports teams.
aka Kevin

YakHunter

• Salmon
  • Retired!
  • Date Registered: Jun 2020
I really like the cordless pressure washer.  Quick and easy to use for the yak.  Use it when I don't need the power of my gas pressure washer on small jobs around the house too.
Hobie PA14
Hobie Outback
Hobie Adventure Island
Hobie Tandem Island
Jackson CudaHD
BlueSky 360 Angler

micahgee

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
I really was disappointed with the RinseKit, it never would hold pressure for long and finally failed just outside of the warranty. They are extremely overpriced in my opinion too. I would steer clear!

Save your money and buy something like the OP's or this: https://www.amazon.com/POMO-Resistant-Pressure-Portable-Multi-use/dp/B08JGSQY8P/

After a summer of heavy use, I find it extremely durable and well suited for washing gear/kayaks. It's leagues above the RinseKit and cheaper. Other options mentioned above are good too.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 05:55:42 PM by micahgee »
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

www.heroesonthewater.org

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
I really was disappointed with the RinseKit, it never would hold pressure for long and finally failed just outside of the warranty. They are extremely overpriced in my opinion too. I would steer clear!

Save your money and buy something like the OP's or this: https://www.amazon.com/POMO-Resistant-Pressure-Portable-Multi-use/dp/B08JGSQY8P/

After a summer of heavy use, I find it extremely durable and well suited for washing gear/kayaks. It's leagues above the RinseKit and cheaper. Other options mentioned above are good too.

That unit makes way more sense then the Rinse Kit.

From the get go, I always thought the Rinse Kit was an expensive solution to a non existing problem.

It's not like these pump up pressure pots haven't already been around for ages.  :-\

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

anything