Forum > Product Discussions

Cheap(er) Plug in Cart for Hobie Outback

(1/4) > >>

Larry_MayII_HR:
Today I just blew out my second home-made PVC plug in cart that I built for my Hobie Outback and had to hoof my boat on my head about 50 yards uphill.  I really don't want to do that again.

Anyone have any good recommendations on stronger home made carts (not PVC) or cheap(er) manufactured carts?  I saw a nice looking plug in cart from Seattle Sports on Amazon for about $110, but it didn't get great reviews, and that price still seems really high for three pieces of tube and two wheels.  There was a similar cart likely produced from the same company available from West Marine.  Would really like to avoid paying $200 for a Hobie brand cart - that price is just crazy. 

Thanks in advance!

Mojo Jojo:
Copper water pipes instead of pvc!

Tinker:
Ask INSAYN.  He built the best DIY scupper cart I've yet seen and I think he may still be using it.

Lutefisk:
I would say just pay out the $200 for the Hobie cart which is solid built and with good sand tires and consider it a cost of doing business. It was hard for me to pay out that much but I have no regrets.

bosun52:
A jogging stroller makes a great cart. 12" bicycle wheels. 1st one, no cutting, just drill a few rivets and reconfigure. Currently working on strap-on model for canoe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version