Forum > Product Discussions

Hobie Oasis Review after 4 years of use

(1/1)

uplandsandpiper:
A run down on my thoughts about the Hobie Oasis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmc-LGRoKmo&feature=youtu.be

AndyFishes:
Nice review. So that's essentially a stretched Revolution, correct? I have a Revo 13 and find it quite comfy (overall). I can't imagine fitting another cockpit into a foot and a half. Mine is an older one, and one of these days, I'll upgrade to one with a proper seat!

Enjoy your videos, by the way.

Shin09:
Nice video! I have a TI which is just a super stretched revo in the main hull (essentially). I have some of the same complaints regarding lack of gear track and atrocious turning radius.  I also find the dual rudder control finicky to get so that both handles are aligned and pointing straight.  Curious if the oasis is rigged the same.

For a few of your other issues:

For rod holders for the front seat: you could get rocket launchers on a screw post Ram ball or short gear track. 

For storage: have you used the hobie seat back bags? Over priced for sure but I find mine great. I can fit a couple medium tackle boxes plus some other gear and don’t have to bring a separate tackle bag.  It zips up so you won’t lose stuff if you flip and since it’s on the seat back it’s not taking up precious space.  Really surprised I don’t see more people using them considering how many people rock hobie.

Until you mentioned it in the video I didn’t realize the compass duo didn’t have dual rudder.  I know it’s their budget line but man that seems like a step too far for cheapening up.  As mentioned above though, at least on the TI the dual rudder control setup (inside) is janky in my opinion and an area where they could improve.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version