Forum > Product Discussions

Puget Sound Salmon Jigging Rod/Reel Recommendations

(1/2) > >>

JohnMack:
I made it out to area 11 yesterday and was surprised by the amount to Kings already in the water, great news!  I have not jigged much and was using my old mooching rod with a Penn 209, I am looking to upgrade.  I want a light reel with a line counter, I was searching Cabelas and the Okuma Coldwater series looks attractive.  Not sure what a rod to go with but I know something shorter than 8 foot would help with netting.  Appreciate any advice you all may have!

John 

kredden:
For jigging I use a Coldwater 203 with an Ugly Stik Tiger Rod (7' MH).  Use that for everything from Salmon to Sturgeon.

alpalmer:
if you do a search for "salmon jigging", there have been several discussion threads about rods/reels and tackle as well as technique.   Good luck in the fishing and the catching.

bogueYaker:
I use a Penn SQL300LPHS spooled with 25lb power pro metered line on a Lamiglass LX79BC rod. I'd like to spool it with 15lb power pro metered line but can't find any in stock.

It works for me and I like it. The metered braid is nice; don't have to mess with the weight and unreliability of a line counter.

JohnMack:
Thanks for the quick response all!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version