Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:52:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Depoe or PC 7/29?  (Read 2088 times)

YakOnDaSea

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Feb 2021
Anyone planning on going in the salt tomorrow?
Conditions seem favorable unless I'm missing something?

Stinger Hook

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
Yep, going to Pacific City tomorrow.

Based on texts that i have seen there will be quite a few kayaks on the water.

WetNet

• Perch
  • ...or where the fish are
  • Date Registered: Jun 2021
Let us know how you did, I will be hitting it tomorrow.
Anyone else planning on hitting the beach on Sunday?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 06:26:43 AM by WetNet »
Sometimes bad things happen to good fish.

2021 Old Town Big Water

MonkeyFist

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
I'm looking real hard at tomorrow.
I want to hear some reports.

Clayman

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Fished Fogarty this morning. Some leftover wind slop coming in from offshore, but it wasn't much to worry about. Started trolling west. Water temp 51-52 degrees. Jellies were moderately bad in the shallows, but they started to clear up past the 120'. First bite came at the 120'. Nice keeper coho. Started marking a lot of bait past the 150'. The bait was around for at least as far as the 200' contour. Couple drive-bys here and there. Finally stuck a second fish at 0900 at the 160', and it just so happened to be another hatchery coho. Pretty nice to limit out and not to have to sort through wilds! Brad's Cut Plug in the Blue Hawaiian color, 20 ft on the line counter.

A few boats trolling around, but from the way they were acting, it looked like everyone was huntin n peckin for fish. It's been a spotty season, but at least the quality has been nice.
aMayesing Bros.

kemfish

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Apr 2021
Everyone seemed to be at PC this morning.  The creel counter said they had 60 dory trucks/trailers and there had to be at least 2 dozen kayakers floating around.  Never fished here before and not a lot surf launching experience, but I got in and out with no problems so must have been good surf conditions. 

Caught a pretty good pile of mixed rockfish with two small lings mixed in.  Saw a guy catch a coho on a fly and another guy catch a flounder.  Lot of the dories trolling around in what was probably 100-130ft of water.  Saw one fish brought in, but wasn't really paying attention to them so don't have a feel on the quality of the salmon bite.
Keith

Old Town Sportsman 106 PDL

Clayman

• Salmon
Hey Keith! Fogarty was nearly a ghost town today. Just me and my friend James, with another friend of his on James' tandem. Saw a couple guys bottomfishing on my way back to the beach.

There were guys parking trailers on the highway when I passed by the Depoe launch in the morning. I'm guessing most of them were going out for albacore. Been hearing reports of tuna 25 miles from port!
aMayesing Bros.

Beer_Run

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
Everyone seemed to be at PC this morning.  The creel counter said they had 60 dory trucks/trailers and there had to be at least 2 dozen kayakers floating around.  Never fished here before and not a lot surf launching experience, but I got in and out with no problems so must have been good surf conditions. 

Caught a pretty good pile of mixed rockfish with two small lings mixed in.  Saw a guy catch a coho on a fly and another guy catch a flounder.  Lot of the dories trolling around in what was probably 100-130ft of water.  Saw one fish brought in, but wasn't really paying attention to them so don't have a feel on the quality of the salmon bite.

Gonna give PC a shot tomorrow. Want 0 for 3 last Friday. 2 wild and a lost fish. All in 20 min after nothing for 3 hours. Another 2 hours and nothing else. They have to show up at some point

Anyone dropped a crab pot in PC lately?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 07:26:22 PM by Beer_Run »
- Bob

2020 Hobie Outback - Seagrass
2021 Old Town AutoPilot 120 - Blue/Gray

kemfish

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Apr 2021
Chris,

I'm still recovering from my last Fogarty launch.  I like the fishing, but man that's a lot of work.  Probably why everyone does PC.  Drive right up the surf and the fishing is good.

I much prefer fishing weekdays to avoid crowds and am fortunate to have the flexibility to do so mostly, but we can't dictate which days the ocean tells us we can fish.  Plus its summer right.  Back in February I had Winchester Bay all to myself for some reason.

I find the tuna fisherman frenzy interesting.
Keith

Old Town Sportsman 106 PDL

Beer_Run

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
Finally found fish in reasonable depth. Landed 4 wild fish before getting these two. Done at 7:15. Couple of the wild fish were brutes. Great fights!
- Bob

2020 Hobie Outback - Seagrass
2021 Old Town AutoPilot 120 - Blue/Gray

Stinger Hook

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
Finally found fish in reasonable depth. Landed 4 wild fish before getting these two. Done at 7:15. Couple of the wild fish were brutes. Great fights!

VERY NICE!

Now I even more regret going after rockfish Saturday :) I did OK, but much rather put some salmon in the freezer.

WetNet

• Perch
Picked up a Jack mackerel right after I saw you then went out to troll but the bite had died.
After pedalling around for for a couple hours the wind kicked up and I called it. 2 rockfish in the bag, should have salmon fished first 😒
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 03:36:07 PM by WetNet »

2021 Old Town Big Water

Clayman

• Salmon
Picked up a king mackerel right after I saw you then went out to troll but the bite had died.
Pacific jack mackerel? I fished on a boat out of Newport yesterday, and the jack macks were nearly as abundant as the coho. Hot bite for both species. 160-180', NW of the bay. The jack macks were all 22-24 inches. Lots of fun!
aMayesing Bros.

Asully503

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Jun 2020
Fished out of PC yesterday. Started with salmon, caught 2 wild coho around the 115-130 line. Seemed like an early morning bite cause the bite died after those first two fish. Guys I was with grinded a couple out after that. Got the some rockfish and lings. Fun day, great weather.

WetNet

• Perch
Picked up a king mackerel right after I saw you then went out to troll but the bite had died.
Pacific jack mackerel? I fished on a boat out of Newport yesterday, and the jack macks were nearly as abundant as the coho. Hot bite for both species. 160-180', NW of the bay. The jack macks were all 22-24 inches. Lots of fun!

Yeah jack mackerel that's what I said... what?  ;)

2021 Old Town Big Water

anything