Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:41:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[Today at 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Alaska sportsman show march 29 to April 1  (Read 3511 times)

AK Yak Atak

• Herring
  • So....Let the break up begin!!!!!
  • Date Registered: May 2011
LOL akfishergal....I bought the same setup
The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

akfishergal

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
I figured it was a good, serviceable outfit to start the season -- and yet I wouldn't be crushed to lose it to Neptune if I did something stupid on the water.  Won't trust myself until I feel like I've gotten dialed in on this style of fishing. ;D 

I'm still looking for a few items, and there are some seminars tomorrow that I'll attend. Let me know if you're in the house tomorrow.

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Great to meet AKfishergal and ak yak atak!  Always good to put faces to names.

All I bought were three flashers. But got my yaks out if storage and I'll be ready to go here in a week maybe two!!! 

Woohoo!!! Let the season begin!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

AK-Yakster

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Sep 2011
Well it was a nice show, but no outstanding deals.  I did buy a jigging rod from B&J.  Also picked up a pair of waders for the wife. I spoke to the Kokatat guy at Alaska Raft and Kayak. I think I'm gonna go ahead and get the new T3 Tropos Supernova Angler Kayak Semi Drysuit. For the price diffidence it seems like it might be worth while (I have none at the moment.)

Anybody else using a Kokatat semi dry suit?
Yeah....I'm a kayak geek.....

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Well it was a nice show, but no outstanding deals.  I did buy a jigging rod from B&J.  Also picked up a pair of waders for the wife. I spoke to the Kokatat guy at Alaska Raft and Kayak. I think I'm gonna go ahead and get the new T3 Tropos Supernova Angler Kayak Semi Drysuit. For the price diffidence it seems like it might be worth while (I have none at the moment.)

Yup!  Great suit. Worked perfectly for me last year. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

rimfirematt

• Salmon
  • Hit Me up on Facebook!
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
I think Im gonna head out there today to the show. Anyone else?

akfishergal

• Salmon
I think I'm gonna go ahead and get the new T3 Tropos Supernova Angler Kayak Semi Drysuit. For the price diffidence it seems like it might be worth while (I have none at the moment.)

If you're an REI member, you can get 20% off with your coupon (or just member number online) between now and April 15 on a Kokatat semi dry suit.  I use one, goretex highly recommended -- but maybe that's not so important if you're not a middle-aged woman subject to personal microclimates...  Semi dry is perfect, since you're never without wearing your PFD to hold your neck/head above the drink. At most, a couple tablespoon of water might penetrate. And so much more comfortable than latex gaskets around your neck, I think.

Pleasure to meet you, your friend and The Famous Kardinal. I am seriously outclassed in this crowd.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 07:40:19 PM by akfishergal »

rimfirematt

• Salmon
  • Hit Me up on Facebook!
I have that suit too. the T3 angler that is. I haven't used it though so can't comment on it personally but there is enough positive reviews on it that I feel like I made a good choice. Also watch for sales online. Not to long ago I was finding them for less than 500 online.

Oh yeah fishergal, what exactly was that fish finder that guy is gonna blow out? Was it a combo gps unit?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 10:47:26 AM by rimfirematt »

akfishergal

• Salmon
It was the 343c Matt.  Sorry I just saw this; hope not too late... 

rimfirematt

• Salmon
  • Hit Me up on Facebook!
I went there today, sure was busy. I didn't get anything, and honestly wasn't interested in much that was there. I swung by the humminbird guy but I didn't buy anything from him. Afterwords I went to B&J's and got a Folbe Rod holder setup and a Kone zone flasher.

akfishergal

• Salmon
Probably best information to come out of the show for me was that Aquetec is now operating out of Whittier as Whittier Water Taxi -- with very decent rates into PWS.  Rates are all per group up to 6 souls, and range from $360 to Decision Point to $2K out to Green Island -- and 46 other bays and islands in between.  This guy used to operate a water taxi out of Seward, and I've used him in the past to get out to Aialik for a few trips.  Very good service, very dependable -- very good captain. Nice way to get your yaks out into some amazing, remote places where lings, 'buts, silvers and rockfish can be had -- even by one such as me.

Here's a nice map of their various drop-off points out of Whittier.  Good for dreaming, if nothing else.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&msa=0&msid=217587267592048321973.00049f8f8c2df73f65a29&ll=60.791343,-148.40332&spn=0.402094,0.822601&z=10&source=embed

AK-Yakster

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Sep 2011
@ AKFishergal
Well darn. Now I'm confused  ;D   The light weight Gore-tex paddle suit is about the same price at REI (with the 20% discount) as the T3 Super Nova.....  hmmm....

Opinion poll?
Yeah....I'm a kayak geek.....

anything