Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:58:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Heroes on the water , Willamette Park Bass event September 27th  (Read 5586 times)

Snarf

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Feb 2009
I think I was about 1/4 mile away when Dennis let out his rather enthusiastic yell fighting his fish. Sounded like he was right next to me though!  Congrats on a great Nook!

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Better fishing through science
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
Wow, great job on the Salmon.  That chinook is a beast.

No need to be afraid of the Willamette River near George Rodger's park.   On Saturday,   I fished the area between the Oak Grove boat ramp and Hog Island with my son and we picked up a dozen or so bass in about two hours.      As fun as bass can be, I wish I had been salmon fishing.
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Those are some nice fish!  Great job!!! :hello2:
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

ndogg

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • "Fists of Fury"
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
I think I was about 1/4 mile away when Dennis let out his rather enthusiastic yell fighting his fish. Sounded like he was right next to me though!  Congrats on a great Nook!

It was pretty awesome watching Dennis fight and land that fish.  For a while he looked like he was going to loose it, but he managed to get control of the fish and brought in in like a pro. 
From someone who as 5 ft from Dennis, that was not a yell that was a very exuberant scream of joy.   

SteveHawk

• ORC
  • Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
Exuberant bellow may best describe our friends expression. It was a great day on the water. Everyone was happy.

I want to thank all of the volunteers that came out. As always you were all wonderful ambassadors of both NWKA and the Portland area.

I want to thank all of the angling community for their amazing support of the Portland chapter. This was my last event as part of the leadership of Heroes on the Water-Portland.  (My wife and I are retiring to cereal Oregon) You have made me proud to call you friends and fellow fishing addicts.

Thanks,
Steve VanDyke aka wobbling Wobbler
"if you aren't living life on the edge, your just taking up space"  Thom Rock

Green Outback, Blue Revo

SamM

• Lingcod
  • McDowellHome
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
First off - much thanks to Steve, Anthony, and the rest for all of your hard work organizing each of these HOW outings this past year.  Things don't always go as planned, but you guys do a great job putting these together so that we can support our injured vets!

Thought the crabbing wasn't great, Saturday was amazing - from what I heard from our vets, they had a wonderful time.  Neither of my vets, Pete and Michael, had been crabbing before, much less off of kayaks.  I thought they handled themselves very well, and both had a great time.

For me personally, it was great to help these guys out - and to be there with the net assist and bonk for Dennis' afternoon coho was pretty cool.

Finally, the grand finale ranks up there with anything I've seen out on the water.  Late in the afternoon, after the vets had left, a few of us were still out there trying to get our first or second salmon, ready to call it quits for the day.  Nate alerted us to a crazy scene across the bay - salmon jumping everywhere - prompting a location switch over to the action.  Though I didn't hook into any, the combination of strong outgoing tide, fairly consistent s-sw wind, and coho launching everywhere was absolutely amazing. 

Thanks to all for a great day!

-Sam
got stop wishing,
     got to go fishing...
          - Jimmy Buffett

Hobie Oasis, Outback, i11s

anything