Forum > Site Discussion

Detected as a robot trying to send spam through the forum?

(1/2) > >>

JasonM:
I was presented with a notice today that I was a robot trying to send spam through the forum. Umm... ok. I haven't even posted on here in five days until this thread. It was amusing and not that much of an inconvenience to have to answer a couple simple math questions. What's the detection method that somehow detected that I'm a robot? :)

Pinstriper:

--- Quote from: JasonM on May 23, 2018, 05:27:02 PM ---I was presented with a notice today that I was a robot trying to send spam through the forum. Umm... ok. I haven't even posted on here in five days until this thread. It was amusing and not that much of an inconvenience to have to answer a couple simple math questions. What's the detection method that somehow detected that I'm a robot? :)

--- End quote ---

What do you mean "presented with a notice" ? Did you get an email claiming you had done this, and to click this here link to prove you didn't do it and restore your account ? If so, that was just a phishing email.

Lutefisk:

--- Quote from: Pinstriper on May 23, 2018, 06:12:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: JasonM on May 23, 2018, 05:27:02 PM ---I was presented with a notice today that I was a robot trying to send spam through the forum. Umm... ok. I haven't even posted on here in five days until this thread. It was amusing and not that much of an inconvenience to have to answer a couple simple math questions. What's the detection method that somehow detected that I'm a robot? :)

--- End quote ---

What do you mean "presented with a notice" ? Did you get an email claiming you had done this, and to click this here link to prove you didn't do it and restore your account ? If so, that was just a phishing email.

--- End quote ---

Haha, get it? "phishing email"

craig:

--- Quote ---
Haha, get it? "phishing email"

--- End quote ---

I like this guy  :laughing4:
If this were the Spearboard.com forum it would be spear phishing.

JasonM:

--- Quote from: Pinstriper on May 23, 2018, 06:12:20 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

No. It was this forum software that made me enter the answer to two addition questions on subsequent pages before it allowed access to the forum. It had nothing to do with email.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version