Forum > Site Discussion

location for new member or existing member

(1/2) > >>

showa:
Please make a location for new member or existing member as a requirement, so we don't have to ask for it.

INSAYN:

--- Quote from: showa on July 30, 2019, 08:56:18 AM ---Please make a location for new member or existing member as a requirement, so we don't have to ask for it.

--- End quote ---

Why? 

Unless a person is selling something, or looking for a fishing buddy and doesn't make any attempt to state where they need a fishing buddy, then I don't see the need to make knowing where they are a "requirement".

Can you elaborate on how this would make a difference?

showa:
When they have a question or I saw a few people ask where they are or some time I see people have a same interest as me, and later found out they are from different state. I am sure there are a few people have a same feeling as I am. We are not asking for the address, just the city where they live or a minimum state. This site is for a lot of states. If this is too much to ask, then i am fine with it. 

Spot:
The location of members shows on the top right of their post:

Tinker:
If they enter the information in their forum profile.  I don't know why folks choose to not add it to their profile, but some don't.  If it's a privacy thing, they can do what I do.  No robot is ever going to bother checking my GPS coordinates to figure out where I live - but then, I'm a well-known, over-thinking, anti-social, butthead.   8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version