Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:46:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:45:28 PM]

[Today at 04:54:47 PM]

[Today at 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by PNW
[April 18, 2024, 11:35:40 AM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Wham Bam Good-bye Ram!  (Read 3719 times)

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
I once had one of these woderful RAM rod light-speed rod holders which I won in the raffle at the Sunset Bay Angler of the Day tourney.

It was a beautiful thing and I loved it.  I was just showing it to Romanian Redneck last weekend and saying, with all the fondness in my heart, how awesome it was. 

However, I learned a valuable lesson last Tuesday evening. I put it in the base on my yak and rotated it 180 degrees to lock it in.  Later, as I was putting my rod in the holder, I noticed it was angled too low.  The angle of the rod holder looked great if I were to rotate it 180 degrees.  Hmmm...seems simple with no loosening of any knobs.  So I made the adjustment and started trolling for Springers. 

A short period of time goes buy and I decide it would be best to check the bait so I gave the rod a quick jerk to get it out of the holder and it worked perfectly as designed.  Unfortunately, so did the mounting base.  The rod holder decided to follow the rod and made that horrible "ploop" sound.  The sound that only occurs when something that doesn't float falls in the water just out of reach.

The funny thing about it is that I lost it in almost the exact location that my Kodak Playsport made the same ploop sound.  I hope they find comfort with each other.  Could it be a Bermuda Triangle type thing on the Willamette?

craig

• Sturgeon
Here is a couple pictures of us together with a Chinook she helped me catch :'(

Anybody know what the required grieving period is before I can replace her?

doughboy

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Craig you need to show me were you keep dropping stuff. If it is shallow enough I'll skin dive for it. If I bring up something of yours you keep it. If we find lost treasure we will split it. 
Hobie Outfitter- Red
HOBIE REVOLUTION- Red

micahgee

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Ouch, losing a ram mount and a camera on the same day  :-[

"ploop" is a terrible terrible sound...

“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

www.heroesonthewater.org

craig

• Sturgeon
Ouch, losing a ram mount and a camera on the same day  :-[

"ploop" is a terrible terrible sound...

Sorry- I should have worded that differently.  The camera went down in the summer of '11.
Craig you need to show me were you keep dropping stuff. If it is shallow enough I'll skin dive for it. If I bring up something of yours you keep it. If we find lost treasure we will split it. 

The bottom of the Willamette around George Rogers Park is littered with my stuff.  Two cameras, many crankbaits, several walleye bottom bouncers, an anchor, a new rod holder, two drift socks (didn't learn my lesson the first time) and numerous other smaller items.  Unfortunately, the Playsport and the Ram Rod holder were in about 80 feet of water to the west of the floating boat house with the salmon tails nailed to it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 02:22:19 PM by craig »

Romanian Redneck

• snoodleboob smoochy bear
  • Sturgeon
  • 2011 Hobie Outback & WS Tarpon 120
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
May she rest in peace. The grieving period for something like this is about 12 seconds. After which you beat yourself up all the way back to the launch for being careless. Then you go buy another one :D
Oh, and I'd troll around that spot on the Willy from here on out. lol
RR's Channel         

"You break into my house, I will shoot you. My wife will shoot you and then spend thirty minutes telling you why she shot you."
- Jeff Foxworthy

ndogg

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • "Fists of Fury"
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
You must really be jonesing this weekend.

micahgee

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Ah I just misread Craig, tis my mistake

Still thats funny about one spot claiming so many items. Makes me want to do some free diving for sunken treasure too ;)
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

www.heroesonthewater.org

ohbryant

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2010
If only we could recover our lost toys and such:( Well at least we are helping the dismal economy.

JamesC

• Lingcod
  • 2012 Hobie Revo 13 - Gray
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
That area in front of the boat house is dangerous! I've lost 2 flashers with prawn rigs right there (one a couple weeks ago, and one today)! Maybe I hooked on your gear cause it needed some more company?  :dontknow:

Any ways, sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure RAM appreciates your business though.
All fishermen are liars except you and me
(and sometimes I wonder about you).
-Anonymous