Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 10:43:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 04:24:50 PM]

[Today at 02:19:35 PM]

[Today at 01:10:00 PM]

[Today at 11:40:28 AM]

[Today at 10:55:19 AM]

[Today at 10:49:19 AM]

by [WR]
[May 18, 2024, 04:51:53 PM]

[May 17, 2024, 08:35:26 PM]

by Spot
[May 16, 2024, 08:44:06 PM]

by [WR]
[May 16, 2024, 05:38:38 PM]

by Plap
[May 15, 2024, 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: We Sure Have a Great Bunch of Folks  (Read 2690 times)

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen
  • Date Registered: May 2011

I think we have all seen people in need recently.Need a boat-mine's broken/out of town...Need help with a Fish-finder...Need help with a trailer....Need help with down-rigger....Just need help............

The offers to others,the willingness to share...whether its ideas,gear,secret spots,help moving ,or whatever just amaze me.And I give all of us a huge PAT ON THE BACK for our wanting to help out our fellow kayak fishers

Way to go NWKA........

This is a unique group that just keeps getting better.....
Life is short---live it tall.

Be kinder than necessary--- everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite.
She has no wrath to vent. Nor does she have a hand in kindness to extend.
She is merely there, immense, powerful, and indifferent

BearToothClaw

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Sep 2011
Mark
I hear ya try something like this up here  on the outdoorsdirectory.com forum and its liable to turn into a verbal fist fight  :violent5:, with internet bravado. (Unless its winter and your broke down on the side of the road). I am really impressed with everyone on here too. +1 to Mark and everyone here :icon_cheers:

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
I would be in 100% concurrence with the topic of this post. I would have never have thought that I would end up meeting such a genuinely nice and interesting group of people farting around for fish on a dinky plastic boat. 

As a native son, those who have fished w/me know that I like to pitch a handful or two the way of our members who have transplanted from The Bear Republic. Those who know me better know this is only in jest, because I'd take Californians any day over New Englanders. (I don't know why, just felt like taking a shot at Nate).

But for those of you on NWKA that don't lurk or snoop on NCKA, you really should once in a while. There are a great many moving stories. Homie's kayak gets stolen, everybody chips in for a new one. Medical bills, moral support, kidney/bone marrow donations (ok maybe not yet, but you see where I'm going). The folks at NCKA have set a really great example for us. Amazing things happen when you have talented people pooling expertise, coupled with the hive mind effect.

As my third season since the paddle p/u is coming into the home stretch I'm still a little bit in awe of the reach of this site and the connections it creates. Thanks to the mods for the labor, and thanks to the members/zombies who share/spread the love/consumption.

LB 

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

FishPimp

• Rockfish
  • OK Trident 13
  • Date Registered: Sep 2011
Funny, just last night I was telling an old fishing buddy of mine, who got displaced to AZ for work, about how great a group of people are on this site. 

Proud to be part of the KA (Kayakers anonymous), well semi-anonymous anyways.

Allan
Water everywhere, but not a drop to drink.

dberd

• Salmon
From a guy way more on the side of receiving than contributing,much thanks to everyone.Much better than 2 1/2 men re-runs (or anything else on TV for that matter...except maybe seahawks) :D
" History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man"  BOC

loreglas

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
I agree with Mark. I am more on the receiving end than contributing.And I usually get my daily chuckle from you guys. Hope to not be so shy in person at the Estuary seminar this Thursday.  Loreglas (Loretta) :)
Hobie Outback   Tarpon 120
9th place Brownlee Crappie Shootout 2017

bigdood

• Lingcod
  • poormansheli
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Fully agree with Mark.  When I put up a post looking for a boat rental had a member that was willing to drive where I was at to drop off one of his boats.  Pretty insane, didn't take him up on it but will still buy him a beer when I meet him for the offer!

JamesC

• Lingcod
  • 2012 Hobie Revo 13 - Gray
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
I will agree 100% as well since we are sharing stories. One member posted about a great deal on a kayak sale in Washington, I bought one, and another member brought it back on his way home from a family trip. Said member wouldn't accept payment for bringing down kayak,  he just stated that he had so much help from others on the site and wanted to pass that on. Its like a Pay It Forward kinda deal, let one good thing lead to another. Great site filled with lots of great people.
All fishermen are liars except you and me
(and sometimes I wonder about you).
-Anonymous

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen

One other very important part of our helping other folks that I apologize for not mentioning is Heros On The Water. It's my belief that we have quite a few veterans amongst our group and we all need to help the guys that have paid a price most of us would never want to pay.This is more than paying it forward--this is helping people re-connect with their reality,what ever that reality may be.And some are pretty messed up.They deserve all we can give.

Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite.

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen
Mark
I hear ya try something like this up here  on the outdoorsdirectory.com forum and its liable to turn into a verbal fist fight  :violent5:, with internet bravado. (Unless its winter and your broke down on the side of the road). I am really impressed with everyone on here too. +1 to Mark and everyone here :icon_cheers:

BearToothClaw,
 I know exactly what you are talking about.I lived in Soldotna and worked in Prudhoe for 8 years before I moved back to Washington.
I tried real hard to avoid the petty quibling that was a constant pain over on AOD.I think I had around 400 posts there trying to help people out with my limited knowledge.I still check it out about once a month or so if I'm bored.A lot of the same crap from the same people.At least they have stopped crucifying Mutley .Maybe there is some hope .I did learn quite a bit there but had to wade through a lot as you well know.
   I appreciate this group so much more........... :angel:

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
+15 on the hospitality and camaraderie on NWKA. Even us golden aged, Golden State refugees have received a warm welcome from the land of liquid sunshine.

Our Heroes on the Water - Portland team is really looking for vets to connect with and would encourage everyone to keep an eye out for folks you can refer to us. If you're a vet and have suggestions please contact me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Hobie Tandem Island. OK Tetra 12, Jackson Coosa

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen

Bump.....

Just thought I'd repost this thread...
  As a growing group---we are reaching a lot of new people---in a very good way.

ndogg

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • "Fists of Fury"
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
Thanks for bumping it.  I somehow missed Ling Bangers little jab.
because I'd take Californians any day over New Englanders.
He is just jealous that a transplant can consistently out fish a native son.
I wouldn't be able to do it without all the great help and friends I made on the site though.  That includes you too Ling Banger. 

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
You out fish me because you work harder and you're better than me, doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure that one out Nate. Hope you break your springer slump soon dude.

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

anything