Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:56:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Organizing a car show, Proceeds for HOW  (Read 2962 times)

Theshoeman

• Lingcod
  • Northwest Yak Adventures
  • Date Registered: Sep 2012
Hey everyone!

Have been wanting to give back to HOW for a while. Unfortunately making a donation has not been possible in my financial situation. So I have just got the ball rolling to organize a car show with all proceeds going to HOW. I just ha a good conversation with the person in charge of this at cabelas in order to use there lot. She says that a rule regarding money changing hands on cabelas property has just been made, so she is going to see if we can get around that because its for charity. If this works out it will be Saturday July 20th.

I know car show doesn't scream fishing but it is a good way to raise some money and to get the word out about HOW.
If people are willing to volunteer I will need the following.
Set Up/Clean Up
Graphic Design
People to run Registration
and People to man the donation booth.
Judges

If possible I would like a raffle but that depends on being able to drum up some donations and cabelas policy.

If you would be willing to donate a Saturday to help out please post below so I can get an Idea of making this a possibility.

islandson671

• Heroes On The Water NWest
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Anthony

Thanks for your support! This is a great idea, I've actually be talking with one our Vets (Gordon Swetland) about doing a fundraiser car show. He works at the American Lake VA as a counselor and has attended one of our Events last year as a participant.

Anyway, he is also a photographer that goes by Gordy Lee. He is one of the top Car photographers in the NW and has his own Magazine called Built Not Bought. www.gordylee.com‎ and www.facebook.com/Gordyleephotography

He has a ton of connections in the Rat Rod and Low Rider Community, he has expressed helping out in putting on a fundraising carshow. He will be a huge asset in getting this off the ground. I will contact you offline and we can set up a meeting with him.

Theshoeman

• Lingcod
  • Northwest Yak Adventures
  • Date Registered: Sep 2012
Anthony

Thanks for your support! This is a great idea, I've actually be talking with one our Vets (Gordon Swetland) about doing a fundraiser car show. He works at the American Lake VA as a counselor and has attended one of our Events last year as a participant.

Anyway, he is also a photographer that goes by Gordy Lee. He is one of the top Car photographers in the NW and has his own Magazine called Built Not Bought. www.gordylee.com/‎ and www.facebook.com/Gordyleephotography

He has a ton of connections in the Rat Rod and Low Rider Community, he has expressed helping out in putting on a fundraising carshow. He will be a huge asset in getting this off the ground. I will contact you offline and we can set up a meeting with him.

Awesome that would be great also might have a fundraiser opportunity through buffalo wild wings in the future. My wife is going to work that basically people show up with a ticket and then we get a percent of their bill! Would be an awesome meet up.

anything