Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 07:36:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:52:48 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 11:21:53 AM]

by jed
[April 29, 2024, 05:39:20 PM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Kayak Bernie Moving to San Diego  (Read 3179 times)

KayakBernie

• Rockfish
  • 'Mark'ing My Territory : My Adventure/ Photo Blog
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013

I know... I know... I just got here!

I am sad to announce that I will be leaving Oregon at the end of this week and moving to San Diego. My girlfriend who has been living in Los Angeles for the past year and a half, was offered a excellent position as Director of Genetic Services and the Naval Hospital in SD (she is a genetic counselor) She had tried to get a job here and was a final candidate for a job at OSHU, but it didn't pan out.  My company has been extremely flexible and is allowing me to move to SD and keep my job and continue to work on some of my existing projects up here in the NW ( that means Ill be back from time to time) while working more with our other SoCal offices.

I feel like I have done a lot in my short time here and I also feel like there is SOOOO much more to do.  I caught my first springer in April, followed by my first sturgeon (although it was a little shaker), got my first rockfish, lingcod and cabezon all in the past month.

I would like to personally thank the members of this board and the administrators for all of the help and guidance. Without this board I would have never been as successful as I have been in the short time that I have been around!! The seminars, the post, the on the water tips, and the kindness of others who are willing to share there expertise. I cannot thank you enough!!!!

As a last hurrah I will be hitting the ORC on my last day in Oregon, I will be down there on Friday night and Saturday until around 5-6PM. I hope to be able to meet all of the folks who I have met in personand those I have yet to meet in person, and personally thank you.  I will miss the NW, but I am glad that I was able to make the most of it in my short time here, and at least I am not moving to Omaha, Nebraska (no offense if your from Omaha) San Diego has great weather and I am sure that there is a big yellowtail, or white seabass with my name on it out there somewhere.

That being said , if anyone has any info about kayak fishing in San Diego, please feel free to send it my way, or if you have friends down that way who are looking for a fishing partner, I am always game.

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!! :notworthy: :wave:
It's not the destination, but the Journey that makes life interesting!

Noah

• Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Ah, dang. Great news that you and the lady will be in the same city. Bad news for NWKA. Hopefully you'll still pop into the forum and say hello. Just make sure you don't post any bloody tuna pics of yourself in shorts in October  >:( Otherwise you may have a few of us sleeping in your backyard come November ;) See you at ORC.

Romanian Redneck

• snoodleboob smoochy bear
  • Sturgeon
  • 2011 Hobie Outback & WS Tarpon 120
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
Dang Bernie... You never got your sturgeon! :(
I wish you all the best. I enjoyed fishing with you and look forward to your pics of the cool fish in So-Cal.
I'm sure I'll catch you this weekend at ORC.
RR's Channel         

"You break into my house, I will shoot you. My wife will shoot you and then spend thirty minutes telling you why she shot you."
- Jeff Foxworthy

ndogg

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • "Fists of Fury"
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
I am sad to see you go, but have fun in SD.

KayakBernie

• Rockfish
  • 'Mark'ing My Territory : My Adventure/ Photo Blog
Ah, dang. Great news that you and the lady will be in the same city. Bad news for NWKA. Hopefully you'll still pop into the forum and say hello. Just make sure you don't post any bloody tuna pics of yourself in shorts in October  >:( Otherwise you may have a few of us sleeping in your backyard come November ;) See you at ORC.

You know it Noah! I wont be a stranger, Ill be back up here pretty frequently.  Mi casa es su casa in San Diego, my new house is less than 5 mins from Mission Bay, if it wasnt for the highway and train tracks I could walk there.  So come October feel free to come on down !!
It's not the destination, but the Journey that makes life interesting!

MonkeyFist

• Lingcod
Now you will have to learn about fly-lining anchovies and sardines for monster calico bass in the kelp.
Fishing is the only thing I miss about SoCal..

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
Happy Trails big buddy. You know where to find us.

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

sherminator

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
We'll miss your big smile, but you can keep sending us those great posts about your new fishing adventures...
15x tournament loser
2011 Hobie Oasis (yellow)
2014 Hobie Revo  (red)
2017 Aquaglide Blackfoot HB Angler XL

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Good luck to you and your girlfriend, Bernie. Stay in touch, will ya?
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Check in a BigWatersEdge.com forums and check out the Kayak Fishing Supplies shop in Mission Bay.  They are related entities that will point you in the right direction for San Diego kayak fishing success.

Good luck to you Bernie!

-Allen

langcod

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
Congrats buddy. I'm sad to see you go, but ORC is a good way to catch just about everyone before you leave. Tight lines and safe travels.

2015 ORC 3rd Place Winner

KEELHAULED

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jan 2013
Congratulations! May your new adventure bring happiness, fortune, and great fishing ahead.

Rodney 
BentRod

Rockaway Beach Oregon

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net forever."
-Jacques Cousteau