Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:36:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

by jed
[May 14, 2024, 07:03:59 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:33 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 09:39:21 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Columbia in Late June  (Read 2801 times)

Kyle M

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
I was wondering if anyone has had some recent luck out there on the Columbia.  I tried yesterday but could not get into the fish.  I know the sockeye are running, as are some chinook and steelhead.  I was thinking of trying again on Sunday, but would like some good news for inspiration.  Otherwise, I'm just going to fish for bass, which is certainly fun, but doesn't put food on the table. ;)

uplandsandpiper

I've been plunking it pretty hard but its not producing much yet. Seeing a few chinook and steelhead here and there. Sockeye are doing a pretty good job of stripping baits but not getting hooked.

ndogg

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • "Fists of Fury"
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
I went out to Davis Bar yesterday afternoon and while my fish finder told me there were fish hanging out from 14 to 26 ft, I sure as hell never saw one.  I was fishing reinforced kokanee gear.  I am not giving up though.  There are tens of thousand fish in the river, eventually one will bite.  Audio books help definitely help get through the slow times. 

Besides, enjoying a lovely evening on the river, I got to see the Vancouver PD handcuff a crazy, drunk chick and write a few other citations.  While loading my car there were a few high schools kids racing down the road.  Only one of them made the turn though.  The other one ended up upside down.  No one got hurt, which is good, but it is going to be hard for the kid to explain why he has no windshield and his roof is caved in.   

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
I went out to Davis Bar yesterday afternoon and while my fish finder told me there were fish hanging out from 14 to 26 ft, I sure as hell never saw one.  I was fishing reinforced kokanee gear.  I am not giving up though.  There are tens of thousand fish in the river, eventually one will bite.  Audio books help definitely help get through the slow times. 

Besides, enjoying a lovely evening on the river, I got to see the Vancouver PD handcuff a crazy, drunk chick and write a few other citations.  While loading my car there were a few high schools kids racing down the road.  Only one of them made the turn though.  The other one ended up upside down.  No one got hurt, which is good, but it is going to be hard for the kid to explain why he has no windshield and his roof is caved in.   
Nice neighbor hood you were dropping in.

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

Sinker

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Wow.  I honestly think that the producers of the fast and the furious movies should be on the hook for every street racing accident. 
I would much rather be up a creek without a paddle than down one.

SteveHawk

• ORC
  • Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011

Drag racing a street with a sharp corner at the end.  This is where I failed as a Middle School Science Teacher. Alas!

Wobbler
"if you aren't living life on the edge, your just taking up space"  Thom Rock

Green Outback, Blue Revo

Kyle M

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Thanks for the reports guys. I need to be more patient. I must have gotten lucky with a sockeye last year.  No nibbles, it just swallowed the prawn spinner.  I'll think about rerigging Kokanee gear Nate.  Good idea.  Might need to up the hook size.

crabbycabby

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2013
Small spin-n-glows with the tail of a coon shrimp tied on an eggloop have done well for sockeye off the bank for me in previous years.
Native Slayer 13 propel
Malibu Stealth 14

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
Small spin-n-glows with the tail of a coon shrimp tied on an eggloop have done well for sockeye off the bank for me in previous years.

How small and where on the bank? If Sockeye are as tasty as Kokanee I really want to catch some...
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Hobie Tandem Island. OK Tetra 12, Jackson Coosa

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen

How small and where on the bank? If Sockeye are as tasty as Kokanee I really want to catch some...

Sockeye taste as good or better IMHO and smoke up great.
Life is short---live it tall.

Be kinder than necessary--- everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite.
She has no wrath to vent. Nor does she have a hand in kindness to extend.
She is merely there, immense, powerful, and indifferent

dampainter

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
sockeye are the fillet mignon of the salmonoids. if somebody has a handle on catching these could u post a pic of ur rig?