Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:50:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

by jed
[May 14, 2024, 07:03:59 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:33 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 09:39:21 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Chinook video from the Shipwreck  (Read 3185 times)

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Here's a video of one of the some of the salmon action from two weekends ago down at the Dismal Nitch/Shipwreck area of the Buoy 10 fishery.  I've been really busy with domestic stuff and am just now getting a little time here and there to work on the video.  More to come...

Tight lines!

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

Kyle M

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Excellent!  I feel for ya on the domestic stuff.  Been getting in the way of my salmon missions as well, but plan to get back out real soon.  Thanks for the video!

Skidplate

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2012
Nice bright Fish!

Sure looks easy on video... ha ha
My wife thinks fishing is merely guys wandering around like idiots swinging sticks in the air. Many of my trips prove how smart she really is.

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
That was a bad ass video Jeff!  Nice pig you got there.

-Mark-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen
  • Date Registered: May 2011

Really nice fish you got Jeff.

Couple of questions for ya.
  Looked like you had about 16 oz on your dropper. How deep a water were you in out there ?
  What prompts you to be out in the middle of all the PB's ? I tend to stay a lot closer to shore. Not to only avoid a lot of wakes, but cause I see a lot of fish working the edges. It's worked so far.
   Are you going to be fishing above Tongue Point while it is open to kings and jacks ? I'd kinda like to try down there (haven't yet).

As a side note----some folks are hitting fish in the Willapa---- stay tuned.
Life is short---live it tall.

Be kinder than necessary--- everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite.
She has no wrath to vent. Nor does she have a hand in kindness to extend.
She is merely there, immense, powerful, and indifferent

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
BEAUTIMOUS!  Nice fish!

I love fishing amongst the pwoerboats.  A) They are amazingly good fish finders  B) Show them how it's done for a fraction of the cost but virtually 100% of the effectiveness...per rod...

Great vid!!!
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Nice video. I'm loving all of the videos this salmon season, and I'm not even much of a salmon guy. Cool stuff!

What FPS are you shooting? The slo-mos are liquid smooth. I dig it.

polyangler

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Great Vid Jeff!!

Nice and desolate spot...hardly a boat in sight  ;)
[img width=100 height=100]http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy131/saltyplastic/NEMrod

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
Thanks everyone!

Couple of questions for ya.
  Looked like you had about 16 oz on your dropper. How deep a water were you in out there ?
  What prompts you to be out in the middle of all the PB's ? I tend to stay a lot closer to shore. Not to only avoid a lot of wakes, but cause I see a lot of fish working the edges. It's worked so far.
   Are you going to be fishing above Tongue Point while it is open to kings and jacks ? I'd kinda like to try down there (haven't yet).

As a side note----some folks are hitting fish in the Willapa---- stay tuned.

I was fishing in a spot that went from about 45 feet to about 25 feet and I hooked that fish in about 35-40 feet deep.  I was fishing on the bottom.  Craig and I were drifting with the building flood current when we noticed there was a REALLY good bite that had just picked up.  Pretty much everyone we saw was either hooking up or missing a takedown.  The current was getting to the point were it was pretty hard to work against, but I decided to fight against it to the top of the drift for one more pass.  I was almost all of the way through the drift when I hooked up so I was thankful to get it.  I wasn't going to try and work against that current again.  Part of me really likes fishing with all the PB'ers because I like proving that it can be done but I totally understand just staying out of the crowd and working the false channel close to the shipwreck.  I can't tell you how many times I have been cut off this year at B10 so far.  It's so easy for PB'ers to just nudge a kayak out of the way instead of another boat so they just do it.  I'm thinking about being down in the general area this weekend but I'm not sure about when or where yet.  I may just skip the crowds and go for coho below Tounge Pt.

What FPS are you shooting? The slo-mos are liquid smooth. I dig it.

1080p @ 60 fps.

2011 Angler Of The Year
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

Josh

• Krill
  • Owner
  • Date Registered: Sep 2014
Great video! What Kardinal_84 said. So much fun to show the power boats how it's done with a human motor.
The tug is the drug. Hopelessly addicted.

Fishboy

• Lingcod
That's a great accomplishment. Thanks for that video. Can I ask what rod and reel you were running?

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
That's a great accomplishment. Thanks for that video. Can I ask what rod and reel you were running?

Thanks!  The rod is nothing special. It's a Buzz Ramsey IM7 15-50 Extra heavy.  The reel is a Daiwa Saltist Levelwind Linecounter in a size 20.  I love that reel.

2011 Angler Of The Year

anything