Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:52:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by jed
[Today at 05:39:20 PM]

[Today at 08:40:31 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Better Search Function  (Read 2315 times)

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Can't even do a search for "blue brick"  It tells me no results were found.  So then I type in just "blue" and it tells me "your last search was less than 5 seconds ago" and won't do it.  So the search function is bad and it thinks I type too fast.

Is it possible to upgrade it?  I always end up resorting to google to search NWKA.

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
What you need is a better way to use the Search function.   
Not sure what is holding you back, but I typed in Blue Brick and got tons of stuff.
Try again, maybe you had your palms resting below the keyboard, or the mouse was 90 degrees out of phase with the monitor? 

Site Discussion / Better Search Function
« by Lee on Today at 08:17:31 AM »
...... 't even do a search for "blue brick" It tells me no results were found. So  ............  I type in just "blue" and it tells me "your last search was less than  ......
Drillin' & Cuttin' / Re: Beating the "Blue Brick" drum again
« by Spot on July 15, 2014, 08:29:00 PM »
......  connection from this thing to your FF ? I have a blue brick and would like to upgrade, but I'm  ......
Drillin' & Cuttin' / Blue brick battery
« by upnorthtex on August 10, 2012, 10:19:16 AM »
Drillin' & Cuttin' / Re: DIY Battery Box
« by Rory on September 03, 2013, 09:26:24 AM »
......  have a few "blue brick" setups and a couple times recently I've  ......
Let's Talk Kayak Fishing / Re: New NWSportsman Kayak Guy Columnist
« by Yaktrap on July 18, 2014, 11:22:46 AM »
......  170 maH, and a new 10,000 aH battery. Didn't go blue brick, stuck with SLA system and the 8 lb block  ......
Drillin' & Cuttin' / Re: Securing Battery box and XDucer
« by CraigVM62 on January 21, 2013, 09:44:39 PM »
......  Blue Brick Battery Box is secured to the bottom of my  ............  sticking very well. With the light weight of a Blue Brick set up, I think it would stay put very  ......
Drillin' & Cuttin' / Re: Transducer Proximity to Mirage Drive
« by koboabe on September 25, 2013, 10:25:18 AM »
......  the water/puck method...  I was reading thru the Blue Battery thread earlier this week, but sadly I  ............  own a sealed brick.  I may decide to upgrade the battery soon.   ......
Drillin' & Cuttin' / waterproofing FF cables run thru hatch
« by Rory on August 10, 2012, 01:15:20 AM »
......  a small waterproof case containing the legendary blue brick li-ion battery that is velcroed to the  ......
Product Discussions / Re: More battery questions, this time solar
« by polepole on June 26, 2013, 10:01:34 AM »
......  I keep in my truck into which I can plug my blue brick charger. However, only useful if I have  ......
Events / Re: 2013 ORC Sell and Swap
« by Ling ling, Herro? on July 10, 2013, 06:40:51 AM »
...... 'm no expert but I bought this blue clunky battery from amazon and it seemed fine but  ............  time...it works...every time."   So I have this blue brick battery for sale or trade. I never took it  ......
Classifieds / Re: Li-ion batteries
« by CraigVM62 on June 02, 2013, 12:35:06 PM »
......  reliability of the cheap, slow boat from China Blue Brick Batteries... We now utilize 12 of these  ......
Drillin' & Cuttin' / Re: Lithium Blue Battery Feedback
« by demonick on February 16, 2013, 09:05:25 AM »
......  valid info from the early adopters. I have my blue brick mounted in the rear hatch gear bucket on my  ......
Drillin' & Cuttin' / Re: Revo 13 Rigging
« by demonick on June 02, 2013, 10:02:27 AM »
...... .html  The Revo's SLA battery was replaced with a blue brick Li-Ion. I have since abandoned the  ......
Drillin' & Cuttin' / Re: 4 gt90`s on a revo?
« by demonick on May 19, 2013, 06:42:21 AM »
...... .html  I have since replaced the black SLA with a Blue Brick Li-Ion (saved 4 lbs).  http://www.demonick. ......
Drillin' & Cuttin' / Re: new to kayaking....power for my fish finder, blue? lithium or sla battery help?
« by CraigVM62 on April 20, 2013, 09:28:22 AM »
......  deal. It is on page 3 where the subject of the "Blue Brick" Lithium Ion batteries come into play:   ......
Product Discussions / Re: Just ordered a Lowrance Mark 4 combo
« by sumpNZ on July 03, 2012, 10:55:30 AM »
......  up the blue brick from the post office this morning. It's  ......
Drillin' & Cuttin' / Re: minnkota motor mount
« by Lee on February 14, 2013, 02:10:05 PM »
......  Pelagic! Boeing is working on larger capacity blue brick batteries! Research has been promising so  ......
Let's Talk Kayak Fishing / Re: All for under a grand
« by maverick on July 19, 2012, 01:54:52 PM »
......  - 80$ from craigslist pirhanamax 170 - 95$ amazon blue brick battery - 32$ eBay waterproof connector,  ......

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
thats really weird.  I type "blue brick" now and it shows this post, but none of the stuff your search found.  You using Chrome?

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
thats really weird.  I type "blue brick" now and it shows this post, but none of the stuff your search found.  You using Chrome?

Yes.  I am using Chrome.

Try this.

Click on "Forum" to get to the master list of forum topics.
Then type in "blue brick" in search field. 

If it works, you owe me a beer. 
If not, well............. then you are just out of luck.   ;)

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Better fishing through science
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
The search box on the upper right only seems to search the current board you are viewing.  If you are at the main forum board index it will search everything.   

The search page http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/index.php?action=search (accessed by the search link on the navigation bar) will search everything by default.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
Yep, that's what was happening.  Can't search from inside a particular post, gotta search from the home page or main forums list.

I was getting this:

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
So, you owe me a beer now. 

It wasn't a broken Search function, rather a broken user.   ;D

Anything else I can help you with sir, or can we go ahead and close this ticket?

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
You'll get your beer, but that is definitely a flawed function.  How many times do we get a newbie posting a question and the immediate response is "use the search function"?

Newbie types search on the same page as he read it, and comes up with nothing. 

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
You'll get your beer, but that is definitely a flawed function.  How many times do we get a newbie posting a question and the immediate response is "use the search function"?

Newbie types search on the same page as he read it, and comes up with nothing.

I can see the confusion being that the text box sitting there with the word "Search" next to it would make a guy think this will search everything. 
Maybe add some verbage there stating "Search this page only" would be better suited for that text box.

There is also a Search tab to the right of the AOTY tab. 
Click that and it will function just like if you used the other text box search from the main Forum page.   

I feel all nerdy now, I need to go take a shower.   :glasses11:

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
No, that feeling is from spending the weekend on a deserted beach with polyangler and a bottle of hand lotion

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
The search is context-aware. That means if you are in a specific forum you are only searching in that forum.

To search the "whole site", click on "forum" in the main menu, then use the search box before navigating anywhere.

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
No, that feeling is from spending the weekend on a deserted beach with polyangler and a bottle of hand lotion

Nope, that was a quick escape.  Gave him the task of prepping the mini raft with the only two items he found that excited him. 
On the other side of the beach, I crafted a teleportation machine from a piece of foam, a pile of shiny shells, an corroded old battery, a broken flip flop, two rusty soup cans, a 17 plastic forks (two of which only had one tine left), some fish bones and a broken piece of mirrored glass. 

I put everything together into a really cool looking shape, and stood next to it tipping the mirror back and forth towards the boat that was passing by.
They stopped, I swam out and they picked me up. 

Crazy boy was so busy working on his mini raft, he didn't even notice I was gone already.   ;D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 10:18:05 AM by INSAYN »

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
The search is context-aware. That means if you are in a specific forum you are only searching in that forum.

To search the "whole site", click on "forum" in the main menu, then use the search box before navigating anywhere.

Or just click on the Search tab to the right two clicks from the Forum tab.