Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:50:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Seadoo fishing  (Read 7627 times)

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Anyone interested should check out the videos that Sherminator recommended,  they are awesome.   Two guys from Oregon that use seadoos to get out to the tuna.   Looks like a blast, I see two kayaks for sale in my near future.
Hit me up when they go on the sale block. I may consider this avenue for deep reef fishing but the yak is here to stay, with my bad hip it's the only form of real exercise I can handle plus the "smokers" still run on gas and will cost to maintain.

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

CraigVM62

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
With today's PWC having so much horsepower,  I could see them towing a couple of kayaks out at a pretty good pace with ease.  Maybe they could be seen as a "Mini-Mothership" for some farther off shore action.   :D
I used to think that Bigfoot might exist. Then I saw the reality shows where they are looking for them.  Now I am certain they don't

Long_Shot

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Feb 2015

My main concern would be having mechanical problems if you were way offshore. Then what do you do ???
Personally, I would do the same thing every every other boater does - call for help on the radio. I would guess these are slightly safer than any other type of boat in the ocean. I've seen guys do amazing feats with these in huge surf that no other type of boat would ever attempt.

Kyle M

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
This is from a few weeks ago.  Yes it was fun, but I'd never get rid of my kayak. 

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Looks like a lot of fun

Widgeonmangh

• Lingcod
  • Fishing Kayaks of Gig Harbor
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013
It will be interesting to see if the Jetski industry sees an opportunity to modify its boats specifically for the niche of fishing.  I suspect that a Seadoo made specifically with fishing as one of (if not the main) purposes might end up looking a little different?  Kind of when fishing kayaks started showing up rather than just people fishing out of kayaks.

I like the innovation and can see where buddies would be really important.
Fish on the right side that's where the fish are! John 21:6

I am no longer a dealer for Wavewalk but if you ever want to paddle one let me know!

salemite

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
Thanks for the video Kyle, it does look like a lot of fun.  I have enjoyed my kayaks as well but don't have the luxury of choosing my days.   Both my boats are up for sale now.  Hit me up, I will make you a great deal.

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Super fun looking. In a fishing sense, not sure how much more a PWC can take over us kayakers but they can definitely charge a long way and you wouldn't get as tired. They also launch really well off beaches so ramps are not really needed. Just a beach you can drive onto. Check out http://jetskifishing.co.nz and http://www.jetskisportfishing.com The New Zealand guys have some sweet rigs.
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

Dark Tuna

• Lingcod
  • "Dark Tuna?"
  • Date Registered: Aug 2014

Jet skis are awesome for fishing, the only downside is usually they require a launch ramp
Many moons ago I raced Sea Doos (runabouts as they're called in the IJSBA).  You can find plenty of beach carts to get the boat from your trailer to the water.

For fishing you will want a three seater and be mindful of your range.  Use 1/3 tank of gas outbound, 1/3 for return, and 1/3 for reserve.

2015 Jackson Big Tuna (tandem) (dark forest)
2016 Hobie Outback LE (screamin' orange)
2014 KC Kayaks K12 (the better half's, in camo)
2015 Jackson Kraken 13.5 (bluefin)

Raymarine Dragonfly; BB Angler Aces; Kokatat Hydrus 3L SuperNova Angler Dry Suit; Stohlquist Fisherman PFD

• Date Registered: Jan 2015
With today's PWC having so much horsepower,  I could see them towing a couple of kayaks out at a pretty good pace with ease.  Maybe they could be seen as a "Mini-Mothership" for some farther off shore action.   :D

I had a 12' inflatable with an 9.9hp outboard when I was younger, I ran out of gas once and a guy on a wave runner with his daughter towed me home and he was able to pull me faster than I could go full throttle with the 9.9...I was blown away.

Dark Tuna

• Lingcod
  • "Dark Tuna?"
  • Date Registered: Aug 2014
Anyone interested should check out the videos that Sherminator recommended,  they are awesome.   Two guys from Oregon that use seadoos to get out to the tuna.   Looks like a blast, I see two kayaks for sale in my near future.
Hit me up when they go on the sale block. I may consider this avenue for deep reef fishing but the yak is here to stay, with my bad hip it's the only form of real exercise I can handle plus the "smokers" still run on gas and will cost to maintain.
Don't think that a SeaDoo in the ocean isn't work.  And yes, you can huli a SeaDoo... ;D

2015 Jackson Big Tuna (tandem) (dark forest)
2016 Hobie Outback LE (screamin' orange)
2014 KC Kayaks K12 (the better half's, in camo)
2015 Jackson Kraken 13.5 (bluefin)

Raymarine Dragonfly; BB Angler Aces; Kokatat Hydrus 3L SuperNova Angler Dry Suit; Stohlquist Fisherman PFD

salemite

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
I keep hearing stories of people from this site, that have bought personal water craft for fishing or are in the process of buying them.  Not sure why no one is posting up their stories or offering advice.  Am I crossing the line, looking for more info here?  Or do the rest of you want to hear the stories and see the videos from these people?   Would PWC stories and videos be welcome here as well?  Seems to be a growing sport. 

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
I keep hearing stories of people from this site, that have bought personal water craft for fishing or are in the process of buying them.  Not sure why no one is posting up their stories or offering advice.  Am I crossing the line, looking for more info here?  Or do the rest of you want to hear the stories and see the videos from these people?   Would PWC stories and videos be welcome here as well?  Seems to be a growing sport.

I've seen them launching out of Pacific City. It seems like an interesting thing, but I'm not sure a site for kayak anglers, in a sub-forum called "Let's talk kayak fishing" is the best place to stir up enthusiasm.  ;)

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen
  • Date Registered: May 2011

How about a sub-thread ?

A lot of us on here do have , have had , or will have power boats.

Kayaks still are not considered "main stream" by most folks-- more kinda "Renegade" than otherwise. But most of us can identify with that. At least I can .... 8) 8) 8)

How about it Admins ??? We already have a sub-thread for " other boats"
  Maybe start up a specifically "Power Boat" thread.
Life is short---live it tall.

Be kinder than necessary--- everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite.
She has no wrath to vent. Nor does she have a hand in kindness to extend.
She is merely there, immense, powerful, and indifferent

• Date Registered: Jan 2015

How about a sub-thread ?

A lot of us on here do have , have had , or will have power boats.

Kayaks still are not considered "main stream" by most folks-- more kinda "Renegade" than otherwise. But most of us can identify with that. At least I can .... 8) 8) 8)

How about it Admins ??? We already have a sub-thread for " other boats"
  Maybe start up a specifically "Power Boat" thread.

Personal Watercraft sub category would be cool and inclusive of a lot of "renegades" lol. I too have looked at getting a sea doo (whatever the 3 seater's are called regardless of brand) after seeing the group that goes out of oregon and westport for tuna... Seems like an amazing amount of fun if you have buddies to go with...

It's funny cause I've always hated jetski's running around making wakes and being annoying when I'm fishing (at lakes) but 1 video of a cooler and rod holders attached to one and I'm sold.

anything