Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:52:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Would Like To Help With ORC 2016 Planning  (Read 3469 times)

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen
  • Date Registered: May 2011

I am very pleased that the ORC 2016 is getting started as early as it is this year. Good job NA. I also realize that I was a thorn in your side when I felt issues needed addressed. For that I'll apologize. And would like to be more helpful this year.

That said------ would it be possible to post up when , where ,etc. the organization and planning meetings are going to be ? I know most will happen in Portland and that I live 150 miles away so being there in person isn't the easiest for me. But I do want to be a positive influence . If I can help in any way. Perhaps injecting ideas by e-mail is possible too. But I am willing to make the 300 mile drive if I can be of any help.

So what say you organizers ? Is this a possibility ? Thanks in advance for your response.

Mark
Life is short---live it tall.

Be kinder than necessary--- everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite.
She has no wrath to vent. Nor does she have a hand in kindness to extend.
She is merely there, immense, powerful, and indifferent

• Date Registered: Jan 2015
As mentioned in the Official ORC thread we will post planning meeting details as a meeting day and time is set.  We will ensure to give enough notice for folks traveling or with other commitments to have planning time as well.

Look forward to having you there Mark.

Thank you.

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
Been a month since I've heard anything about planning for ORC.  I'm sure stuff is going on behind the scenes, but it might be nice to see something on here.
2012 ORC 5th Place

Dark Tuna

• Lingcod
  • "Dark Tuna?"
  • Date Registered: Aug 2014
Something must be moving.  The "2016 ORC-Official Registration and details" thread is sequestered for editing.  Has been for some time now.

Did anyone take note of the (perhaps tentative) date before the thread went dark?

2015 Jackson Big Tuna (tandem) (dark forest)
2016 Hobie Outback LE (screamin' orange)
2014 KC Kayaks K12 (the better half's, in camo)
2015 Jackson Kraken 13.5 (bluefin)

Raymarine Dragonfly; BB Angler Aces; Kokatat Hydrus 3L SuperNova Angler Dry Suit; Stohlquist Fisherman PFD

snopro

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
Did anyone take note of the (perhaps tentative) date before the thread went dark?
July 9th

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen
  • Date Registered: May 2011
   Due to a recent surgery. I might not be able to actually fish @ ORC this year.
   That's okay... I will still be there to support the troops and join in the fun.
    I am able to (slowly) get some chainsaw carving done and had a thought last night about a possible contribution I'd like to get some input about.

If I bring a carving or two to donate to HOW as a fund raiser ... would a silent auction... where folks can put in a bid for a carving... and the winner gets the piece.... be an acceptable idea ? There would be no pressure... as in a live auction and I'll make the carving as cool as I can. And HOW can receive any profits from the sale.
   I'll make the carving Nautical related to be as appropriate as possible for our group. And if someone doesn't want to get involved or has no interest.... no problem. Walk on by......
   What do you think organizers ? Good idea--- bad idea ????
    Input ???? I can post some pictures of recent work if there is interest .

Here is a recently carved "Sea Turtle".
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 09:07:52 PM by Mark Collett »
Life is short---live it tall.

Be kinder than necessary--- everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite.
She has no wrath to vent. Nor does she have a hand in kindness to extend.
She is merely there, immense, powerful, and indifferent

anything