Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:31:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: ORC questions  (Read 24674 times)

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Better fishing through science
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
We'll entertain questions and comments about the 2016 Oregon Rockfish Classic in this thread.
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Last year the PB fleet was within reach, knocking the crap out of silvers.  If I decide that I'm happy with my catch for the tournament and want to go out to join them fishing for salmon, beyond 100 ft, is that ok?  I seriously considered it last year.  I won't be rock fishing, I'll be trolling for salmon.

Thanks.

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Thanks Crash, that's a great question.  If you are registered to fish the tournament you will be required to follow all tournament rules during tournament hours, including the boundaries.  With this many kayakers in the water we just need to be sure no one wanders off. 

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
Does the shuttle cost additional money or is it included in the registration fee?

dampainter

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
why not have the north boundary government point?? no big deal i fish south anyway but seems kinda odd place for the north boundary.  curious what are "a" and "b" on map?   also,where is the sign out sheet going to be located at that morning before 5 so those that want to launch at 5 can do so?  the ramp? the park? not that it matters but so far have a donated cool bag. any word on raffle prizes at all? 50 to register with 20 going toward the raffle but no word of raffle prizes??
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:39:23 PM by dampainter »

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Does the shuttle cost additional money or is it included in the registration fee?
Next Adventure is not supplying a shuttle this year.  We highly recommend car pooling.

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
why not have the north boundary government point?? no big deal i fish south anyway but seems kinda odd place for the north boundary.  curious what are "a" and "b" on map?   also,where is the sign out sheet going to be located at that morning before 5 so those that want to launch at 5 can do so?  the ramp? the park?

One of the concerns of the safety boaters was the shear size of the fishing grounds.   We're trying to keep things a bit smaller and more
manageable.

We will have multiple check ourt personnel down at the harbor parking lot in the morning.  You can check out as soon as you are suited up with all of your safety equipment.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:40:36 PM by bsteves »

dampainter

• Salmon
 the coast guard vessel safety inspection and sticker u get when passing inspection is not a requirement? what is safety inspection? where and when is that happening?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 08:14:25 PM by dampainter »

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
Will there be an option for an electronic waiver form we can fill out now?
2012 ORC 5th Place

dampainter

• Salmon
as for the borders...is there going to be a border patrol at borders to let people know they are at or over the border if they by some chance for whatever reasons  probably not paying attention end up over the border at some point in the day???

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
the coast guard vessel safety inspection and sticker u get when passing inspection is not a requirement? what is safety inspection? where and when is that happening?

The safety inspection will be done by a tournament organizer. If you do not have ALL the required equipment you will not be fishing in the tournament regardless of whether or not you paid.  But, since it is all laid out in the rules before you purchase your ticket, there shouldn't be any issues. These rules are required for insurance purposes. In years past we have had some skirt the rules and nothing happened. This has been a thorn in the side for many of those that followed the rules and to the organizers.

It happens when you check out in the morning.
Will there be an option for an electronic waiver form we can fill out now?

We will try to figure that one out quickly.
as for the borders...is there going to be a border patrol at borders to let people know they are at or over the border if they by some chance for whatever reasons  probably not paying attention end up over the border at some point in the day???
Sound like we have someone itching to volunteer to be a border patrol. ;) We would welcome the help. There will be safety boats out and about as well as safety paddlers. Let's not make it too complicated.  :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 08:37:52 PM by craig »

Noah

• Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
How much beer did it take to come up with these clearly laid rules and prize allocations?

Thank you to all the organizers for the hard work putting this together.

Let's all remember these volunteers put in many hours of their own time to make this event happen.

dampainter

• Salmon
"The safety inspection will be done by a tournament organizer"  that answers alot.  if its not spelled out where and when now i could see the morning of being a complete clusterfuck. especially when u have people that are going to want to be on the water at start time. now is time to be clear not the morning of.  this event has  had  1st place win of a hobie and another with a hobie and a trip to amsterdam.....WHAT HAPPENED?? who did i register with first a couple months ago and have my money refunded and now register again with who? this post title  is "orc questions"... sorry if am "making it too complicated""   no prize list up? not even a raffle prize list up yet???? but yet has been determined that 20 of my entry fee goes to raffle prize? how was that determined when raffle prize it appears has yet to be determined??
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 09:49:53 PM by dampainter »

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
"The safety inspection will be done by a tournament organizer"  that answers alot.  if its not spelled out where and when now i could see the morning of being a complete clusterfuck. especially when u have people that are going to want to be on the water at start time. now is time to be clear not the morning of.  this event has  had  1st place win of a hobie and another with a hobie and a trip to amsterdam.....WHAT HAPPENED?? who did i register with first a couple months ago and have my money refunded and now register again with who? this post title  is "orc questions"... sorry if am "making it too complicated""   no prize list up? not even a raffle prize list up yet???? but yet has been determined that 20 of my entry fee goes to raffle prize? how was that determined when raffle prize it appears has yet to be determined??

Regarding the Hobie Prize and trip to Amsterdam, that was a special one time Hobie thing in 2014. 

Registration was with Next Adventure at the beginning of the year, but that was jumping the gun and we had them take it down and refund people until we had things better organized.   They kindly agreed to run registration again for us. 

I could run the registration through PayPal, but there are tax implications and I already deal with enough of that with the much smaller income we have from the AOTY.

dampainter

• Salmon
rules say must complete safety inspection. u say tournament organizer will be doing it.... i still say where and when??.... AND what is that going to entail? geezuz, less than a month away too. when is raffle prize list going to be up?

"But, since it is all laid out in the rules before you purchase your ticket, there shouldn't be any issues".

ummm no, its not all laid out.  the questions i asked were not difficult but has yet to be answered. that is sad that my question "who does the safety inspection and when and where?" even needed to be asked..... along with signing the liability form.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 10:29:39 PM by dampainter »