Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:19:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Where are the Idaho kayak anglers?  (Read 9107 times)

uplandsandpiper

Working....dag nabit!

IdahoSkies

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
There are a couple of very active facebook groups in southern Idaho.  Most of the "action" is over there for us southern folk.

Rc4jw

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jun 2016
I love seeing these pics! I can't wait till we get moved back up there this summer and I can get back out on the lake and do some fishing again. 

reelmccoy

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Nov 2015
I went out on Cocolalla today with IdahoBrit and two of my children.  It was a beautiful day!  Cold with glassy water.  Unfortunately the trout were not eating what I offered.  Ended up with one LM Bass and one catfish.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uplandsandpiper

I went out on Cocolalla today with IdahoBrit and two of my children.  It was a beautiful day!  Cold with glassy water.  Unfortunately the trout were not eating what I offered.  Ended up with one LM Bass and one catfish.   

Catfish king!

reelmccoy

• Perch
Caught on a square bill crank bait no less and probably 22" long,  he barely fit in my little trout net.

Idaho Brit

• Lingcod
  • Hobie Tandem Island, Hobie Outback
Fished and sailed Cocollala Lake Sunday with Todd McCoy and his children. Started of a flat calm so no sailing. Trolled a gold Mack's Lure® Flash Lite® Troll – 4-Blade in front of a Pro-Troll Trout Killer in flame color on one rod and a Rapala Balsa Xtreme Jointed Shad in Perch pattern on the other. The Catfish liked the Trout Killer and the Trout liked the Rapala BX Jointed Shad. As the wind increased I tried trolling under sail, got a few taps but no takers. The sailing rig worked out with no interference with all the 4 rods, holders and electronics. The only thing that would not work would be to have vertical rods stored in a crate in the tank well as they would interfere with the sail control line. The Hobie built in rod holders are angled nicely so the rods cleared the sail control line.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 01:09:13 PM by Idaho Brit »
"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Said the water rat.  The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame,

Rc4jw

• Herring
Here is a lmb I caught while fishing the big lake this summer.

Idaho Brit

• Lingcod
Here is a lmb I caught while fishing the big lake this summer.
Nice Large Mouth. What part of the Bay Area have you been living? I moved up here to CdA from Napa 31/2 years ago. I would love to fish with you when you are able.
"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Said the water rat.  The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame,

Rc4jw

• Herring
We have been in Union City for the past 5 years. Lived in Fremont and San Jose before that. We just bought a house near Camp Bay in Sagle and are planning on moving in this summer once school gets out here. I'd love to go out fishing with you when we get up there. My wife and kids also have there own kayaks. We went out around Trestle Creek this last summer and caught some pretty nice small mouth. My 8 year old reeled in a 16 inch one from his little kayak. It was a pretty good fight for him. Even my 5 year old caught a few from his yak. I grew up in Kootenai and was on Lake Pend Oreille or hiking into some mountain lake pretty much every weekend until elk season and then deer season started and then my focus would shift to hunting. 

Idaho Brit

• Lingcod
We have been in Union City for the past 5 years. Lived in Fremont and San Jose before that. We just bought a house near Camp Bay in Sagle and are planning on moving in this summer once school gets out here. I'd love to go out fishing with you when we get up there. My wife and kids also have there own kayaks. We went out around Trestle Creek this last summer and caught some pretty nice small mouth. My 8 year old reeled in a 16 inch one from his little kayak. It was a pretty good fight for him. Even my 5 year old caught a few from his yak. I grew up in Kootenai and was on Lake Pend Oreille or hiking into some mountain lake pretty much every weekend until elk season and then deer season started and then my focus would shift to hunting.

One thing I miss about living in the Bay Area was easily getting to the sea. I love it here and am thoroughly enjoying my retirement.
Let us know when you are up here. Some of the anglers I have been fishing with here are reelmccoy, uplandsandpiper, honu and Mike Ferguson.

Rc4jw

• Herring
I will definitely let you know when we make it up there. Easy ocean access is the one thing I will miss here. Crab opener is November 5th and I can't wait for that. Salmon season is just about over and I was not lucky enough to get one into the net. Right now the ocean is to rough to go out kayaking on. A couple weekends ago the swell report for Half Moon Bay was 24-26 feet. I figured that would be a good day to keep well away from the ocean, haha.

Idaho Brit

• Lingcod

A couple weekends ago the swell report for Half Moon Bay was 24-26 feet. I figured that would be a good day to keep well away from the ocean, haha.

Thats some swell! That would make you think about your mortality right?
Anyway, keep us posted.

Idaho Brit

• Lingcod

Catfish king!
[/quote]

Ive see you wearing knitted gloves out on the water. Do you have any recommendations for cold weather hand protection.

reelmccoy

• Perch

Catfish king!

Ive see you wearing knitted gloves out on the water. Do you have any recommendations for cold weather hand protection.
[/quote]
The gloves I use are polar fleece with removable mittens over the fingers.  They are warm even when wet, but once wet...they take a long time to dry!