Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:30:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[May 06, 2024, 01:30:17 PM]

by DBam
[May 06, 2024, 10:23:23 AM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 11:31:01 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 07:01:25 PM]

[May 03, 2024, 05:31:42 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 11:21:53 AM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Where do you put your dry suit on?  (Read 5776 times)

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
I wear the base layer(s) under shorts on the drive so I don't risk making children cry if they see me changing...
I'm not sure there "crying"

Shrinkage, Mr. Smartypants!  Significant shrinkage.  No other explanation fits the facts.
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

C.Salp

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010
I use a grill mat that I bought at BigLots about 8 or 9 years ago for ~$8.  It rolls up nicely to store in the back of my vehicle, and shows very little wear.
For me, it works well for changing into my drysuit/water shoes when paddling, or into my waders/boots when bank/wade fishing.

Idaho Brit

• Lingcod
  • Hobie Tandem Island, Hobie Outback
  • Date Registered: Jun 2016
Just don't use a Cafeteria style food tray to stand on... They tend to slip pretty easily on gravel. Don't ask me how I know  ;D
Any photos Matt?
"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Said the water rat.  The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame,

Idaho Brit

• Lingcod
I have a rubber backed door mat that I use to protect my kayak from road rash when loading/unloading from the truck. I put mine drysuit on when the yak is launched and gear is on board. I use the afore mentioned door mat to stand on to protect the feet and keep gravel and dirt off. Works for me.
"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Said the water rat.  The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame,

pmmpete

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013
When I'm putting on my drysuit, to keep my socks clean and protect my drysuit's dry socks, I stand on a rectangle of vinyl carpet protector which I bought at a hardware store.

snopro

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
Free carpet sample for me.

Idaho Brit

• Lingcod
Free carpet sample for me.

Free is good. I got 3 3'x2' door mats from the local thrift on their 75% off day. Not free but still good.  :D

polyangler

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Polyangler uses the lid from a plastic storage tote. I always forget to bring one and sit on the tailgate of the truck.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Yep, I transport my suit in a Rubbermaid tote, so I just use the lid from that or an old bathmat. Depending on the weather I'll either put it on as soon as I get out of the truck, or after rigging. Same with taking it off. In good sunny weather I can't wait to take it off. If crappy/cold it's the last thing I do.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 09:51:05 AM by polyangler »
[img width=100 height=100]http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy131/saltyplastic/NEMrod

reelmccoy

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Nov 2015
I put on the base layers at home, the I pull dry suit on at the tailgate and stand on shoes.  I like the Rubbermaid tub lid idea though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idaho Brit

• Lingcod
I put on the base layers at home, the I pull dry suit on at the tailgate and stand on shoes.  I like the Rubbermaid tub lid idea though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reel, you can use my door mat any time you need it.  :laugh:

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
I just use the carpeted floor mat from the back seat of my Jeep.  Stand on that at the back of my Jeep under the open rear hatch. 

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
I usually put it on last thing before I launch, unless it's raining (then it's first). I have a "stand on my shoes by the car" method that looks hilarious and is probably not very functional, but I haven't punctured my drysuit yet (from that). Sometimes I sit on my bumper.

I put on my underlayers while sitting behind the wheel.  The suit goes on as Lauren described.

-Mark-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

anything