Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:23:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Seattle Crew Roll Call  (Read 88855 times)

Pisco Sicko

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Wow, HBH, how are you going to manage that many deckhands on your yak? ;)

I don't know if any of us are purist enough to give up all PB play, so I wouldn't be so sorry.

stratocaster

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jan 2009
Hello everyone, new guy checking in from the Marysville area.  Been fishing out of kayaks for a while now but new to this part of the country.  Lots to learn but hey, that's part of the fun!  Had to leave my SOT in L.A. (Lower Alabama) but I have a Sit in Type and recently purchased a 14' Wenonah Fisherman canoe.  Pretty good fishing machine but I can see now I may have to get a SOT for the salt.

Looking forward to seeing y'all on the water.

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Welcome to NWKA and the cure ST!

Z
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

HBH

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
dang it happened again...my yak broke down again and i was forced to fire up the boat...

redfish85

• Lingcod
  • sunrise OK Prowler T13
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007
milton area, YEAH!!!!!

Noggin Yakker

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Oct 2008
Hello everyone, new guy checking in from the Marysville area.  Been fishing out of kayaks for a while now but new to this part of the country.  Lots to learn but hey, that's part of the fun!  Had to leave my SOT in L.A. (Lower Alabama) but I have a Sit in Type and recently purchased a 14' Wenonah Fisherman canoe.  Pretty good fishing machine but I can see now I may have to get a SOT for the salt.

Looking forward to seeing y'all on the water.

Welcome SC! I'm fairly close by, up in Stanwood. Looking forward to fishing with you!

- Karl

ConeHeadMuddler

• non-competitor
  • Sturgeon
  • Smells like low tide
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
Somehow I ended up in Grayland, midway between Gray's Harbor and Willapa Bay. I'm a lo-o-o-ong way from Seattle. I haven't set foot in Seattle in over ten years, although I did drive thru there on Eyesore5 a couple of times back around the turn of the century, on my way to visit a GF of mine who lived near Bellingham.  >:D >:D >:D >:D (that's 4 out of a possible 5)
Can't seem to ever make it N of Oly. I like the O.P. as well as my local S coastal rivers, estuaries and bays surrounding the Twin Harbors area.  I like the SW area of the state, around Mt. St. Helens.  Will float the Cowlips in the late Summer and Fall. Also I like to fly fish lakes.
I usually fish as close to home as I can find good fishing, so I spend less time driving and more on the water.
I don't have any paddling buddies here. I don't know anybody else locally who fishes and paddles...just know of a lot of paddlers who just like to be on the water viewing Nature.

I'm looking to get me a 13' Trident and then try to get an old surf buddy interested in yak fishing with me. Until then, I can't even rely on the "buddy system" for peace of mind. Not that I ever needed it in a lower river, lake, or estuary...might be a good thing for the ocean and harbor entrance, though it would be an inconvenience to have to interrupt my fishing to go rescue a buddy.
 All my go-outs have been (and most likely will continue to be) solo excursions. One good thing about this is that I see at least ten or twenty times more wildlife (up close) by not moving my lips in my conversations with myself, as I would if I were talking with a buddy, spooking everything just around the next bend.  Also, I get first crack at all the fishy water I find.
It would be fun to share some of my local haunts with other paddling anglers sometime. Late Summer and Fall are best for the Searun Cutts.

I like the warmer days of Summer and Fall for hunting down searun cutthroat in my local estuaries and tidal creeks. 

Lots of my local streams close for the season after today. I should be fishing! Why ain't I? ???  Maybe its the lousy pesky winds 15 - 20+ knot gusts!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 11:25:58 AM by ConeHeadMuddler »
ConeHeadMuddler

squidgirl

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Wandering Richard and I (Squidgirl) represent the big town of Graham..
"Life is short lets go fishing"

PNWCOONASS

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
I'll be from the westside.  Port Orchard.  I am new to the website and kayak fishing.  I was pointed here by huntinhick (Carl).  Thanks man. 

I grew up in Lousiana (thus the Coonass) so fishing is not something new to me.  However, the fishing up here is much different than the fishing in the swamps.  Really looking forward to getting out this year. 

The wife and I just bought a Prowler 13 and 15.  Now it's time to rig those babies..

Looking forward to sucking you guys dry for information.

Later, Pete 
My other boat is an Aircraft Carrier.

YAK STRONG

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Another newbie, just got my yak and am headed to Blackmans lake this morning to try it out.  I'm in the Lake Stevens area so if anybody is interested in having a rookie tag along give me a shout.
Malibu Mini-X

demonick

• Sturgeon
  • Domenick Venezia, Author
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
I'll be from the westside.  Port Orchard.  I am new to the website and kayak fishing.  I was pointed here by huntinhick (Carl).  Thanks man. 

I grew up in Lousiana (thus the Coonass) so fishing is not something new to me.  However, the fishing up here is much different than the fishing in the swamps.  Really looking forward to getting out this year. 

The wife and I just bought a Prowler 13 and 15.  Now it's time to rig those babies..

Looking forward to sucking you guys dry for information.

Later, Pete 

Where in LA?  My best friend lived in NOLA until he unexpectedly died a few years ago.  Katrina and Rita wiped out some real estate we owned and the aftermath literally killed him.  I've spent a fair bit of time in and around NOLA and done a bit of redfish and trout fishing out of Delacroix. 

I just took delivery of a T13 Angler and kayak fishing is new to me also.  I've never been in a kayak and my boat has yet to get wet.  I've been trying to drink from the firehose, and everyone here has been most accommodating and patient.

I live in Shoreline and am nearly a life-long mossback.  To give you an idea of how long I've lived in the greater Seattle area, I remember when the I-90 / I-405 interchange was called the Highway 10 / 405 intersection and it was a 4-way stop.  No shit.  I remember the Bellevue airport, God rest its soul.  And the Issaquah airport and parachute center. 

Started fishing with my father as a child, picked it back up in my 30s including a bit of fly fishing, then picked it back up in my 50s.  Never owned a boat, and have fished from a boat infrequently.  I've been a shore fisherman, and keep some gear on Maui at a friend's place.  Been catching salmon from Richmond Beach park, Bush point, the Snohomish river, and other assorted locales.  I've caught squid off the Edmonds pier, and some crabbing around Whidbey.  Have done some bass and walleye fishing in eastern WA.  Mostly I fish rather than catch :-) 

A buddy and I had been planning to buy a boat, but with the economy affecting his business and putting my job at risk we nixed that idea.  Been seeing a lot of kayak fisherman in Hawaii and a couple of weeks ago it struck me to try it here.  Figured even if I lost the job, I'd need something to do.  After ordering my boat I found this forum.  I am itching to get out on the water and learn to paddle, and am just waiting on delivery of proper attire.  Got a number of competing hobby/obsessions and this spring/summer/fall should see me keeping busy.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 09:36:30 AM by demonick »
demonick
Author, Linc Malloy Legacies -- Action/Adventure/Thrillers
2021 Chanticleer Finalist - Global Thriller Series & High Stakes Fiction
Rip City Legacy, Book 6 latest release!
DomenickVenezia.com

wetwhopper

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
I'd like to give a "shout-out" to all my Pac-Beach yak fish'n gangstas :occasion14:... oh wait, there are none  :BangHead:!!!

Oh well! Cheers!!
Richard

steelheadr

• Participant in life...not spectator
  • Sturgeon
  • Pay no attention to the man in the hat.
  • Peterberger Adventures
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
I grew up in Pacific Beach...California, that is. Actually, on my first bike tour around the Olympics, I spent an afternoon in a laundromat drying out everything I had following 6 hours of pouring rain.
"Fast enough to get there...but slow enough to see. Not known for predictability"  Thanks to Jimmy Buffet for describing my life...again

charliefl66

• Perch
  • Date Registered: May 2006
hey everyone charles here in seatac.  hope you you guys are fishing!

Pisco Sicko

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Yo, Charles! Have you been out recently?

anything