Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:53:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: ***** 2017 ORC Taco Feed *****  (Read 13111 times)

Adam12

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Nov 2012
My trip to ORC is now 50/50.  You might want to remove the paper products from me SumpNZ.  If I do go I could pick up any items still needed.
Adam

Red Revo13

• WS Commander 120, OK Trident 13, Revo 13
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
I will be making clam chowder again with Goldendog. Even with 2 large crockpots last year there still wasn't enough samples to go around for everybody. It seems to be pretty popular.  ::)

Also put me down for:
A Dessert
Small paper cups for chowder
Spoons for chowder

If I can catch a low tide in the next couple weeks to go get some fresh Gapers, I might be able to make a Roaster Oven sized batch. Now who wants to go dig some clams with me?!?! I could use more than 1 limit! I just hate buying them, and fresh ones are so much better.
Better to keep ones mouth shut and presumed a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
<Proverbs>

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
I will be making clam chowder again with Goldendog. Even with 2 large crockpots last year there still wasn't enough samples to go around for everybody. It seems to be pretty popular.  ::)

Also put me down for:
A Dessert
Spoons for chowder

If I can catch a low tide in the next couple weeks to go get some fresh Gapers, I might be able to make a Roaster Oven sized batch. Now who wants to go dig some clams with me?!?! I could use more than 1 limit! I just hate buying them, and fresh ones are so much better.
When will you be digging clams -- I'd go do that with you (never done it before, so I'm a total noob and have no tools, but I have a shellfish license.  Thurs/Fri I will likely be in Newport) 

Also put me down for:
A Dessert
Spoons for chowder

When will you be digging clams -- I'd go do that with you (never done it before, so I'm a total noob and have no tools, but I have a shellfish license.  Thurs/Fri I will likely be in Newport)

PM Sent
Tides are good RIGHT NOW, but I wont be able to go until it gets better again. Early morning Sunday the 9th is my plan which is the weekend before ORC. Should be nice and fresh and wont have to freeze them! :-)
Better to keep ones mouth shut and presumed a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
<Proverbs>

drhabanero

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014

Also put me down for:
A Dessert
Spoons for chowder

Sorry to threadjack but where is a good spot for clams? I see there are some really low tides the week of the tourney and I will up at camp all week. I would love to take my boys out and gather clams to help out.

I will also bring some Jalepano Cream Taco sauce and something else to help out. Nothing better than a taco shack!
I'll rest when I'm dead!
2016 Ocean Kayak Predator
2014 Malibu X-Factor ,2014 Malibu Mini-X
2010 Malibu X-Factor ,2006  Ocean Kayak Drifter 
2011 Yakhopper Ocean Kayak Trident 4.7   Winner!
GS4 - 4th place

Sorry to threadjack but where is a good spot for clams? I see there are some really low tides the week of the tourney and I will up at camp all week. I would love to take my boys out and gather clams to help out.

I will also bring some Jalepano Cream Taco sauce and something else to help out. Nothing better than a taco shack!

Dude... That's like asking where is a good place to fish! I can tell you there are really good resources and information on the ODFW website, including where and what type of clams can be found where. If you want some place close to Chinook Bend, then you can find them on Siletz Bay: http://www.dfw.state.or.us/MRP/shellfish/maps/Siletz.asp
I have never clammed there myself so I cant give you any more details. But it looks like there is only Purple Varnish Clams and Softshell (mud clams) there. The PVC's are a non-native species and you can keep 72 of them. They are small steamer clam sized. Mud clams are deeper and a bit more work. Your boys will either love it or hate it! If you have never clammed before, choice of footwear is important. Otherwise the mud will rob your shoes off your feet. Waders are a good choice but not rubber boots.

Hope the thread jack was worthwhile...
<Proverbs>

Clayman

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017

Also put me down for:
A Dessert
Spoons for chowder

Alsea Bay supposedly has some gapers and cockles.  I see people out raking for the cockles on morning low tides.  I've only found purple varnish and softshell clams, but I haven't tried very hard to find the good clams.

Sure wish razors were open  :(.
aMayesing Bros.

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
Updated with latest contributions. 

Also, added this to the first post:

NOTE: Latest intel is we will NOT be getting beer from Ninkasi this year.  They now require a 501c3 and although HOW (the recipient of our fundraising along with Neighbors for Kids) is a 501c3 we can't use their status as they don't allow booze at sponsored events.  Plus it sounds like we'd require a licensed server to dispense all beer even if we had 501c3 that we could get it under.  So, bottom line, this event is officially BYOB.  Unless one of the organizers tells me otherwise.
2012 ORC 5th Place

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
Also, major food items we still need:
shredded cheese
salsas (probably a few different varieties in large quantity)
misc dessert (several)
sour creme
misc side dish (several)
French Fries (frozen)
Tater Tots (frozen)
5x cases soda
cilantro
cabbage

Also, see the first post for cooking items still needed.  I'd list it here, but it's most of the list other than burners and fry pots that we still people to volunteer to bring.
2012 ORC 5th Place

SamM

• Lingcod
  • McDowellHome
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
SamM - fry pot, burner, propane
Baskets for each fry pot
2x thermometers for oil temp

Quick update after re-reading the list - I have a thermometer for my fryer and now have a fry basket as well.

-Sam
got stop wishing,
     got to go fishing...
          - Jimmy Buffett

Hobie Oasis, Outback, i11s

Adam12

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Nov 2012
We are definitely not coming now SumpNZ so you'll have to find someone else for the paper products.
Adam

Red Revo13

williamesch

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Feb 2015
shredded cheese
misc dessert (several)
sour creme
misc side dish (several)
French Fries (frozen)
Tater Tots (frozen)
5x cases soda
cilantro
cabbage

Also, see the first post for cooking items still needed.  I'd list it here, but it's most of the list other than burners and fry pots that we still people to volunteer to bring.

Put me down for 3 or 4 cutting boards and a spare table to cut on. Also i will bring a couple bags of shredded cheese and some more soda.

2016 Angler of the day- 1st place
2019 ORC - 3rd place

2016 hobie outback
2019 old town topwater
2021 Wilderness systems recon

Zach.Dennis

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2015
I would be happy to pick up four or five items last minute when I arrive at the campground. I can make a run up to the local Walmart and pick up some of the needed items. This is getting close so hoping we get everything you need. 
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC

drhabanero

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
shredded cheese
misc dessert (several)
sour creme
misc side dish (several)
French Fries (frozen)
Tater Tots (frozen)
5x cases soda
cilantro
cabbage

Put me down for 3 or 4 cutting boards and a spare table to cut on. Also i will bring a couple bags of shredded cheese and some more soda.

Shredded cheese on fish tacos?   :laugh:  I'll bring some home made cream sauce.
I'll rest when I'm dead!
2016 Ocean Kayak Predator
2014 Malibu X-Factor ,2014 Malibu Mini-X
2010 Malibu X-Factor ,2006  Ocean Kayak Drifter 
2011 Yakhopper Ocean Kayak Trident 4.7   Winner!
GS4 - 4th place

Dark Tuna

• Lingcod
  • "Dark Tuna?"
  • Date Registered: Aug 2014
If nobody has the napkins / paper towels, put me down.

2015 Jackson Big Tuna (tandem) (dark forest)
2016 Hobie Outback LE (screamin' orange)
2014 KC Kayaks K12 (the better half's, in camo)
2015 Jackson Kraken 13.5 (bluefin)

Raymarine Dragonfly; BB Angler Aces; Kokatat Hydrus 3L SuperNova Angler Dry Suit; Stohlquist Fisherman PFD

anything