Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:02:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Kauai next June  (Read 4591 times)

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
Looks like I'll finally get a chance to go to Hawaii, specifically the island of Kauai.  Most likely next June, though that is somewhat flexible at this time.  Whatever the case looks like it will be a 2 week trip, so should be able to fish at least a few days out of that.

I've see a few folks recommend contacting Plenty Pupule for kayak fishing opportunities.  Any other recommendations or options?  I'd like to do a guided (formal or informal) fishing trip for at least 1 day, maybe 2.  Then be able to rent kayaks and fishing gear for any other days I want to go catch dinner :).  Guided trips so I can A) learn the area, B) not kill myself in the process, and C) up the odds of actually catching and landing something.

2012 ORC 5th Place

RoxnDox

• Salmon
  • Native Propel
  • Date Registered: Sep 2013
I think you need to take someone to carry your stuff.  And chase away the chickens once you arrive on the island...  <GRIN>
Junk Jigs "BEST USE OF ACTUAL JUNK" category - "That tape should have been a prized possession and not junk. That will be a collectors item in 30 years!” & “There sure is a lot of junk in there.”

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Kauai is beautiful - great choice. I don't have any advice to lend on the kayaking front, but since you stirred up some good memories I'll just say: Captain and Mrs. Redbeard were born on Kauai  ;D Sort of literally - we got married there; and sort of figuratively - the first time we kayaked together was there. I envy you!

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Plenty Pupule isn't renting kayaks out of the Lihue shop anymore, at least they weren't when I was there in January. Something about permitting and launch access at the river. I rented from the outdoor adventure center at PMRF. If that is an option for you it's a good way to go.

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Marie and I were also married there. 

Check with outfitters Kauai

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
Plenty Pupule isn't renting kayaks out of the Lihue shop anymore, at least they weren't when I was there in January. Something about permitting and launch access at the river. I rented from the outdoor adventure center at PMRF. If that is an option for you it's a good way to go.

Well, crap.  Was hoping PP would be a good option as I know Allen had suggested them to folks in the past.

Not having served in the .mil is the PMRF still an option?

Marie and I were also married there. 

Check with outfitters Kauai

I'll check them out.  Thanks!
2012 ORC 5th Place

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
If you're not active duty or retired, then you can't rent from outdoor adverture center on the base. 

Side note, if you're trolling for ono and you see a bunch of birds behind you, they're after your bait. 

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
If you're not active duty or retired, then you can't rent from outdoor adverture center on the base. 

Right. I was there to visit my brother who is stationed at PMRF.

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!

Right. I was there to visit my brother who is stationed at PMRF.
Right on, I stated that because Andrew asked

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Reach out to Jason Schmidt and Adam King on facebook.  If you're not on facebook, shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up.  Lee and I fished with them on Kauai last year.  They do various adventure guiding on the island.

-Allen

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
Reach out to Jason Schmidt and Adam King on facebook.  If you're not on facebook, shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up.  Lee and I fished with them on Kauai last year.  They do various adventure guiding on the island.

-Allen

I'm on FB.  I'll contact them and see what they say.  Thanks!!
2012 ORC 5th Place

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
Now that we've got dates, plane tickets, a condo rented, and all that I figured it was time to contact those 2 guys.  Just messaged them on FB.
2012 ORC 5th Place

HiLife

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Apr 2018
I’m born and raised on Kauai, heading there this Thursday for a week. A few of my buddies kayak fish every weekend. I’ll also be looking for a place that does kayak rental so I can fish with them. If you haven’t gone yet and need info on were to rent I can post it up. Hope the waters blue and clear of debris with the storm that hit the island 2 weeks ago.

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
I’m born and raised on Kauai, heading there this Thursday for a week. A few of my buddies kayak fish every weekend. I’ll also be looking for a place that does kayak rental so I can fish with them. If you haven’t gone yet and need info on were to rent I can post it up. Hope the waters blue and clear of debris with the storm that hit the island 2 weeks ago.

We head out August 8th.  So not for a while yet.

Got in touch with one of the guys polepole suggested.  But any additional information is always welcome.  Thanks!
2012 ORC 5th Place

HiLife

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Apr 2018

We head out August 8th.  So not for a while yet.

Got in touch with one of the guys polepole suggested.  But any additional information is always welcome.  Thanks!

Nice! Just looked them up. We have a ton of mutual friends.