Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:01:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:27:54 PM]

by PNW
[Today at 08:37:24 PM]

[Today at 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[Today at 07:22:33 PM]

[Today at 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: ORC 2017 Safety Check Out / Check & Weigh In  (Read 2741 times)

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Better fishing through science
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
Below is a draft of the ORC check in / check out / weigh in form that we will be using during the event.

These will be printed (3 to a page) on Rite-in-the-Rain paper and each of the ORC safety inspectors will be using these to record your compliance to the safety rules.  These safety inspectors will also have lists of who has paid and who has signed a waiver.  If you have not signed a waiver yet, they will also have extra copies for you to sign.

Safety inspection stations will be located down near the top of the ramp (a bit to the east of the ramp) and at the weigh-in station (look for a pop up tent on the grass on the east end of the parking lot).  In addition, we will likely have at least one roving inspector in the parking lot area.

Please come to the safety inspection with your kayak ready and your immersion gear and PDF on.

Note that we will check your gear off, if all is well, we will record your inspection time and you will be asked for a signature.   When you come in (before 2 pm ) report to the weigh in station and we will record your time, your fish weights, and ask for another signature.

If you failed to do the morning safety check in, we won't have a form filled out for you to record your fish and you and your fish will disqualified from the tournament.  In other words, while we will do our best to make sure we have everyone inspected, in the end if you want to compete in the tournament it is up to you to make sure you get your safety check done.   

Brian

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Nice protocol.  This should help to mitigate issues that have occurred in years past.

-Mark-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Better fishing through science
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
I will be collecting waivers Friday night from everyone there.  Only people not staying at Chinook Bend should be handing in waivers Saturday morning.

As for safety inspection, we'll do that in the morning once your ready to launch.  I'd be happy to do a safety precheck on Friday if you're worried about your gear.  But we'll still check you out again Saturday morning.

Brian
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
I will be collecting waivers Friday night from everyone there.  Only people not staying at Chinook Bend should be handing in waivers Saturday morning.

As for safety inspection, we'll do that in the morning once your ready to launch.  I'd be happy to do a safety precheck on Friday if you're worried about your gear.  But we'll still check you out again Saturday morning.

Brian

Brian offering a gear precheck on Friday to give piece of mind to folks unsure of their gear is an absolutely great idea!

To make things smooth in pulling this off, it could be accomplished at specific location so there isn't a whirl wind of people, gear, precheck inspector(s) all roaming aimlessly around the campground.  In addition, those just wanting to know if their gear will pass in the morning can listen in as others have their gear looked over and hear of suggestions of any changes needed. 

Maybe setup near the clearing above the boat launch area so it's really visible to all in the area.  The Aux Coasties and PoPo's can setup right there as well and do their thing getting folks taken care of regarding the annual Coast Guard checklist, and Invasive Species permit requirement.

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

Pinstriper

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2015
It's worth knowing hat depending on what you are missing, there's a BiMart in Lincoln City and both Freddies and Wally World in Newport. Which would help you if you were missing a PFD or whistle or horn, but not immersion gear. You could probably McGuyver a flag together from a bike flag. BiMart *might* have a VHF radio on hand - they carry them by stock is limited. Any of them should be able to supply a bailing device: BiMart has those super soaker water guns that suck water in when you pull on it and push it out when you....uhmmm....push on it. I would expect Wally World and Freddies to have those as well as big fluffy sponges if those count. I'm not saying they do. Any of them have flashlights and flares, and I know both BiMart and Walmart carry kayaks for anyone that left theirs home.

Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !

Punctuation. It saves lives.

anything