Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:13:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Angler of the Year 2019 (AOTY)  (Read 28025 times)

BasinYakGuy

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
1st Place at your moms house 2022
3rd place to your sisters prom 2019

Plastic Pirate

uplandsandpiper

Casey

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
The current spread between first and second place is 10 points.  Or 1 inch on a smallmouth bass.

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

rogerdodger

• Fish Retriever
  • Sturgeon
  • roger
  • Date Registered: Dec 2012
The current spread between first and second place is 10 points.  Or 1 inch on a smallmouth bass.

Just amazing, congrats to all of the competitors!
2019 Hobie Outback (Fish Retriever)

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Love seeing it come down to the wire like that.

Please remember that, per the rules, contestents have 2 weeks to submit entries, so we won't know the whole story until Jan 14.

In the meantime please feel free to fish for AOTY2020 and I'll get a new thread up for that ASAP.

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Better fishing through science
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
Also, while we're at it...

Now is the time to look over your place on the leaderboard.  Does it look right?  Are there points you think aren't being counted properly?   Let us now and we can take a look and potentially fix things.   For example, the old "I have two fish with the same score and my total doesn't add up properly!" bug has been mostly fixed, but there are certain conditions where it can flare up.

Brian 

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Don't look for any more entries from me. After losing a sizable walleye at the net last week, I'm done. I think I woke up half of Pasco when it popped off and just sat there in the beam of my headlamp :laugh:

Congrats to Casey on the win and to all of the competitors that fished in 2019. Enjoyed fishing with new anglers again this year and look forward to fishing with everyone in 2020.

It was fun fishing for new and different species that I thought required electronics to target. The craziest was night trolling for walleye on the Columbia and not having any idea what the depth was, speed or bottom structure. Hahaha. The funnest was getting hammered by huge Lake trout on the blind. I'm also pretty stoked to have caught 7 of my top 10 fish on ultra light tackle.

Good luck to everyone in 2020 (if there is an AOTY) and I'll see you on the water.

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
Good luck to everyone in 2020 (if there is an AOTY) and I'll see you on the water.

There will be AOTY in 2020... details coming!

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon

ballardbrad

• Salmon
  • Kayak Fishing Washington
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Don't look for any more entries from me. After losing a sizable walleye at the net last week, I'm done. I think I woke up half of Pasco when it popped off and just sat there in the beam of my headlamp :laugh:

Congrats to Casey on the win and to all of the competitors that fished in 2019. Enjoyed fishing with new anglers again this year and look forward to fishing with everyone in 2020.

It was fun fishing for new and different species that I thought required electronics to target. The craziest was night trolling for walleye on the Columbia and not having any idea what the depth was, speed or bottom structure. Hahaha. The funnest was getting hammered by huge Lake trout on the blind. I'm also pretty stoked to have caught 7 of my top 10 fish on ultra light tackle.

Jed, you never cease to amaze me.  From using 4lb test and no electronics to almost pulling off a win.  Congrats to Casey.  You guys cracked me up with your dedication towards the final stretch. Hopefully you can get out there and enjoy fishing again. :)

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014

Jed, you never cease to amaze me.  From using 4lb test and no electronics to almost pulling off a win.  Congrats to Casey.  You guys cracked me up with your dedication towards the final stretch. Hopefully you can get out there and enjoy fishing again. :)
We'll have to plan another trip for this year. Maybe go back down and piss Dean off some more :D

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
Much gratitude to all the sponsors and the competitors that grappled for supremacy and supported Heroes On the Water in the process.

Congrats Casey!

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
Alright, the 14th has come and gone. As he has time, bsteves will archive the leaderboard and all of that, and we'll get everything set up for 2020.

THANK YOU to everyone who has already sent me your receipts. I will activate you as soon as we archive 2019! Fish hard, and your entries will be counted as long as they were caught on or after the day you made your donation.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I'll get to it more later, but CONGRATS TO CASEY ON A WELL-EARNED VICTORY AGAINST EXCELLENT COMPETITION!

anything