Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:04:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Brownlee Crappie Shootout IV prize donors  (Read 6362 times)

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
We are very happy to have Suspenz Storage and Transportation on the prize table this year. Along with coozies, pens and other accessories they also sent a gift certificate for 75 dollars. Suspenz is a leader in the personal watercraft storage and transportation industry and works to constantly improve their gear. Even if your kayak is used a lot, it still spend most of it's life on the wall. A good storage system keeps your kayak in great working order and extends the life of your investment. Visit www.suspenz.com to find products that keep your gear safe and stowed in transit and while off the water. Thank you for the great prize Sandra.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Road Runner Lures sent an assortment of lures and Rod Floaters to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout IV. These lures have been catching fish since the 1950's and are still one of the most effective crappie lures today. Through the years, Road Runner has had to do little to their design because the lure and components work so well for a wide range of species. Visit www.ttiblakemore.com to find Road Runner Lures as well other gear from TTI Blakemore. Thank you for the great gear Ron.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
If you like free stuff, head over to the Kayak Fishing Addicts NW Facebook page if you haven't already. I will be doing weekly gear giveaways leading up to the BCS IV. The first one just concluded but there will be two more coming up. You may need to get invited by a friend to join the group but chances are you know someone. If not, I'll invite you :)

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Stealth sent an awesome prize pack to the BCS IV this year. Stealth has been a huge supporter of the event since the beginning and we are stoked to have them back. I have been using their Quick Release Rod Holders for years with great success for everything from crappie to sturgeon. These rod holders are tough and will withstand a vicious take down yet easily release your rod with a quick hook setting motion. Find their expanding line of products at www.stealthrodholders.com or look for them at a retailer near you. I just saw their gear at Sportco in Fife and I hear they will be stocked at Outdoor Emporium soon. Thank you for the continued support Cari and Jason.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Bobs Jigs sent a pile of lures to the event this year. Bob has supported the BCS from the beginning and continues to produce quality gear. He is located in the same town as the venue so you can be sure he knows what the crappie are biting on. His site www.bobsjigs.com offers an assortment of styles and colors or if you don't see something you like, send him a message and he may be able to make an item. I had him custom pour my favorite color in a stinger pattern and they turned out awesome. Yes, the crappie love them. Thanks for the donation Bob.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
OMEALS sent some of their Ready To Eat Self Heating entrees to the BCS IV. They are Vegetable Stew with Beef, Southwest Chicken with Rice, and Hashbrownlee 😉Potatoes.You can lose a lot of energy while burning calories out on the water. Snacks are great but sometimes you might need something a little more substantial. OMEALS offers a wide selection of meals that already come in a waterproof container and can be heated if you are craving something warm on a cold day. They have a long shelf life so putting a couple in your kayak emergency dry bag or vehicle would be a smart precaution.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
We are stoked to have Korkers Footwear as a new sponsor for the Brownlee Crappie Shootout IV this year. They have sent a gift certificate for a pair of Korkers Buckskin Wading Boots. In addition to kayak fishing many of us like to bank fish as well. Korkers are built in Portland and made to handle the harsh river conditions of the Pacific Northwest. Their OmniTrax system really makes wading a river a lot safer and is also utilized in the outdoor construction industry where work conditions can get dangerous. Find a boot to fit your needs at www.korkers.com Thank you for the local support Peter, it is very much appreciated.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Fish Monkey is a new sponsor this year and sent five pairs of their handy gloves to the contest. Not much bothers me when I'm fishing but cold, wet hands are one of them. Fish Monkey Gloves offer a great way to mitigate challenging conditions and increase comfort on the water. They offer gloves for every season and situation. Protect your hands from cuts, low temps, and the sun with a pair of these great gloves. www.fishmonkeygloves.com has a variety of colors and styles that are sure to fit your needs. They also have one the best logo's I've ever seen. Thanks for the support Tim.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
We would like to welcome Naztech to the prize table this year. Naztech has been producing innovative electronics and accessories since 1995 and have won awards for design and comfort. Naztech has every type of gear and gadget that you are looking for. The more I search their site, the more cool gear I find. Their awesome donation gives a great sampling of the array of products they offer at www.naztech.com . Thank you for the great donation David.

Prize includes:

1. A set of Alloy Advanced Magnetic Wireless Earphones
2. An 18w USB-C PD Quick Charge Portable Battery
3. An Ultimate Power Station
4. A Sound Brick Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Speaker

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Pro-Cure Bait Scents sent another great prize pack to the event this year. Pro-Cure Bait Scents have become a staple in many anglers arsenal here in the NW and around the world. Phil makes scents that span the entire range of fish species and he is always looking for new combinations and different flavors to try. The scents that I always have on hand are Bloody Tuna and Garlic/Anise Craw for most of the fresh water species and Butt Juice gets all over my kayak in the Salt. Visit www.pro-cure.com to increase your catch rate. Thank you Annette and Phil.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
ZR Customs sent a great prize pack to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout IV. They are a new tackle company that is located in Eastern Idaho. Kyle and his family are creating excellent fish catching gear and I always look forward to his new custom creations. I used ZR Custom Ned Jig Heads to win a recent bass tournament and have great confidence in all of their gear. Check them out on Facebook or at their website www.zrcustomtackle.com He also offers lure pack auctions through the FB site. Thanks for the support Kyle

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
The Sunset Bay Angler Of The Day Kayak Fishing Challenge kicked down some great gear to the BCS IV. This event is the Salty twin version of the BCS with a points per inch format, tons of great prizes, and super chill vibe with old friends and new acquaintances. Did I mention this area offers some of the best fishing on the Oregon Coast. Roy has done an awesome job at organizing this tournament for many years to make it a cornerstone in PNW kayak fishing events. The SBAOTD is on Saturday August 24, 2019 at Sunset Bay State Park in Coos Bay, Oregon. Find more info at Sunset Bay Angler Of The Day Kayak Fishing Challenge Facebook page. Thanks for the gear and custom wood trophy Roy.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 05:33:45 PM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
NEMRods just donated a top prize to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout IV. Nelson reached out to me and indicated he would like to donate a custom Bass, Panfish, or Trout rod to the event. I recently picked up a Steelhead bobber rod he wrapped for me and let me say it looks awesome. I just have to find some steelies to try it out on. These rods are built with high quality blanks and components then crafted with skill. Put your dream rod together at www.nemrods.com and check out their Facebook page to see his latest projects. Thanks for the great donation Nelson

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon

Really happy to have Lure Lock as a prize donor this year. They have sent three of their tackle boxes to the prize table. A small, medium and a large plus a Lure Pad. This is the first time I have had the chance to check out their products and I am surprised at the effectiveness of their innovative gear. The boxes have a thin layer of sticky material that holds your lures and other tackle in place. I did a test and inverted the box with lures in it and they did not budge. Very helpful when trying to keep things organized in a rocking kayak. Check out these and other products at www.lurelock.com Thank you for the cool prize Stephanie.