Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:53:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Any Stealth Kayak Owners in the group?  (Read 3728 times)

Squidder_K

• Rockfish
  • A bad day of fishing is still better than a good d
  • Date Registered: Sep 2018
I know they are not the most common yak out there, but they are slowly growing in popularity down south, as they are a lighter boat, and appeal to the minimalist crowd who like to go far off shore. I had been looking at them for a while, but with only one dealer on the West Coast it makes it hard to find one to try out.  So does anyone have one or has paddled one?  As I will turn 55 soon, I wanted to find a lighter boat that could cover a lot of water, and be a good all around fishing machine and still do some light touring duty as GF prefers to do the whole paddle and nature watch. I have been eyeing the Fisha 555 and the Pro Fisha 525.  I would love to hear your thoughts and impressions. Thanks 
US Army & Army National Guard Veteran of 34 years
Veteran 36th Infantry Division "The Fighting Texans!," FOB Danger, Tikrit Iraq 2005
Boston Sports Fan since 1967, I have seen the highs, and the lows of Boston sports teams.
aka Kevin

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
I don't know anything about them. Looks like they're fiberglass instead of plastic, hence the weight difference. I like the hull shape - they look fast. They seem to be missing a few quality of life ingredients like modern seats and seat-well scupper holes. That may matter not at all to "a whole lot" depending on your preferences.

Let us know if you get one. I'd sure enjoy the weight difference!

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
Have you looked at the Eddyline Caribbean 12?  Really lightweight kayak that paddles well.  I think they weigh in around 45lbs.
Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard

Squidder_K

• Rockfish
I don't know anything about them. Looks like they're fiberglass instead of plastic, hence the weight difference. I like the hull shape - they look fast. They seem to be missing a few quality of life ingredients like modern seats and seat-well scupper holes. That may matter not at all to "a whole lot" depending on your preferences.

Let us know if you get one. I'd sure enjoy the weight difference!

Seats are something you get as an option, as for scuppers they do have them, they are set up differently then rotomold set ups.  I have been in contact with Ruben L (the West Coast Stealth Dealer) who is a also a member of NCKA, and also with the guys from Headwaters in Lodi who helped bring them over a few years ago. Stealth's seem to like to have a good surf launch capability, keep the rods stashed in the hull during launch, and keep the fish in the hull, so as to not get unwanted furbags and landlord visits (Stealth is out of South Africa another major breeding ground for landlords).  As for speed, the few guys who have them down south all said they could out paddle a peddle boat with out effort.  The thing I wonder about is how well it does with trolling and paddling as I am not the most coordinated individual with trolling/paddling grabbing the rod at the same time. The Fisha 555 is a new model and has little info on it, but according to Ruben, he is getting a lot of positive feedback from new owners. At 27 inches wide it is a bit wider than the Pro Fisha 525 (24"), but an inch narrower than my old Hobie Quest. They also have come out with a microskiff  which is designed to have a motor or used as a SUP.  The Micro is shorter and lighter than the Bote Rover. Not sure if either of those would be practical here or not.  If I get one I will keep you all posted.  I am leaning that way, and have been for a while.
Veteran 36th Infantry Division "The Fighting Texans!," FOB Danger, Tikrit Iraq 2005
Boston Sports Fan since 1967, I have seen the highs, and the lows of Boston sports teams.
aka Kevin

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
I’ve been looking at the stealths for some time. Especially the pro fisha 525. I’ve paddled the evo 495 and the pro fisha 475. They are fast. I was out  in my Hobie revo 13 fishing with some guys on stealths last year for a couple days and they were definitely faster than me.

The only time I’ve ever seen a stealth in Oregon is when I’ve been fishing with Ruben.

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Surforegon has an Eddie..... where the G. at? I’ll text him.

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

surforegon

• Lingcod
  • cannonbeachartz.com
  • Date Registered: Apr 2015
I picked up a Eddyline 12' Caribbean 45 lbs. Two years ago. Due to back problems. I can't pickup my Outback or Prowler big game 2. Going to be selling the Outback and buying another 12' Caribbean for my wife. Real happy with my Eddyline. Small family owned Co. in Wa. As long as I'm posting. Does anyone know of a quality kayak 12' under 45 lbs. Thanks
Prowler Big Game 2, Hobie Outback,  Eddyline ultralite 12'               2016 junk jigs: Never seen that before. Second place.
2016 junk jigs: Most likely to be used as evidence in court. second place.

Squidder_K

• Rockfish
I picked up a Eddyline 12' Caribbean 45 lbs. Two years ago. Due to back problems. I can't pickup my Outback or Prowler big game 2. Going to be selling the Outback and buying another 12' Caribbean for my wife. Real happy with my Eddyline. Small family owned Co. in Wa. As long as I'm posting. Does anyone know of a quality kayak 12' under 45 lbs. Thanks

SOT or SIS?  For an Sit in Side it gets down to how light do you want versus how much do you want to spend. Swift Canoe offers a 12 foot Adirondack12LT Fusion Kayak at a whopping 24 pounds, but a price point of $3195. Not cheap for a rec boat. That is the lightest I have come across, and GF has been looking for a new boat.

A quick check of REI shows 27 boats in the 10-12 foot range/30-49.9 Lb range of various materials.
aka Kevin

anything