Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:26:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Is anyone still interested in the ORC? I am, soooo...  (Read 3279 times)

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
...we kept up our end of the bargain and we have one confirmed sponsor that can handle the money and potentially the insurance, so we are back on for the year! Also, we have another potential sponsor that may make things more interesting this year. They will both be announced soon! We still have not locked in a firm date yet, but most likely around the same time frame as past years. I am excited!

The generous party that came forward unsolicited is a Nigerian prince.  I just had to send him $400 to get $10,000 out of Nigeria.  I figure we will take it out of the entrance fees.  I hope to hear from him soon.  Just kidding.  But I am serious that we have a couple sponsors and great prizes.  More too follow.  Have faith.

craig

• Sturgeon
Also, for those that offered to volunteer, there may be opportunities. My goal is that we all get to fish, but if volunteers are needed game day, I am happy to step aside since I can not seem to catch a big ling during an ORC.  I may be able to get a special beer brewed for the event by 12-11 Brewing in Sherwood. No guarantees but they have some good brews and can do small batches.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
...we kept up our end of the bargain and we have one confirmed sponsor that can handle the money and potentially the insurance, so we are back on for the year! Also, we have another potential sponsor that may make things more interesting this year. They will both be announced soon! We still have not locked in a firm date yet, but most likely around the same time frame as past years. I am excited!

The generous party that came forward unsolicited is a Nigerian prince.  I just had to send him $400 to get $10,000 out of Nigeria.  I figure we will take it out of the entrance fees.  I hope to hear from him soon.  Just kidding.  But I am serious that we have a couple sponsors and great prizes.  More too follow.  Have faith.
FYI that Prince is really backlogged. I’m still waiting for my money. Haha glad to hear the ORC is back on. If I can make the date I can help.

craig

• Sturgeon
Is he sponsoring the Crappie Shootout, too?

Zach.Dennis

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2015
I am excited for the tournament. What dates are we thinking?  Chinook bend still?
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014

FYI that Prince is really backlogged. I’m still waiting for my money. Haha glad to hear the ORC is back on. If I can make the date I can help.
You guys got duped, it only cost me $350 and I should see my Nigeria fortune any day now!  :spittake:

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

craig

• Sturgeon
Most likely Chinook Bend because they give us space if it is raining.  I will get back to you with the date.

craig

• Sturgeon

You guys got duped, it only cost me $350 and I should see my Nigeria fortune any day now!  :spittake:

You are a better negotiator than me!

goldendog

• Salmon
Great news! This will be No. 12 for those who are counting. I am happy the tradition continues. Thanks Craig!😁
Fishing is much more than fish.  It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.  ~Herbert Hoover

• Date Registered: Mar 2016
I'v never been, but now that i have weekends off I really would like to attend! It's usually early July, right?

SamM

• Lingcod
  • McDowellHome
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
Fantastic!  Great news Craig!

-Sam
got stop wishing,
     got to go fishing...
          - Jimmy Buffett

Hobie Oasis, Outback, i11s

Zach.Dennis

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2015
I'v never been, but now that i have weekends off I really would like to attend! It's usually early July, right?

Yes the first or second weekend after july 4th

Craig when will you release the date?
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC

craig

• Sturgeon
We are planning for the 13th. I just need to confirm it with sponsors.

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
I'm game!  I'd be happy to help out where needed.

-Mark-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

craig

• Sturgeon