Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:48:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by Spot
[Today at 10:57:58 AM]

[Today at 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 08:37:24 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Brownlee Crappie Shootout V status  (Read 5489 times)

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Hi everyone, hope you all are well. I have been talking to State and County officials and I am sorry to sat the Brownlee Crappie Shootout V will not be taking place on May 16, 2020.

I was informed that all State permitted events are cancelled in the month of May and will be assessed on a month to month basis there after.

If things improve by June, we might choose to hold the event during that month. Possibly June 13 but everything is subject to change. If it does happen it will most likely happen on short notice and with changes that will make sure that everyone stays safe.

If we cannot have the event in June then we will likely cancel till next year.

I'll keep posting and promoting sponsors while we wait and really appreciate all of the support.

I am truly sorry for the any inconveniences. If you have made reservations at the park or other places to stay I would try to cancel them.

I will post any new info and updates about the event here.

Thank you and stay safe.

snopro

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
Thanks for the update and the poster looks great. 

We might move into phase two by the end of May.  I think June 13 could be a real possibility.

IdahoSkies

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
I really missed getting together with everyone last weekend.  If it is any consolation I did fish the upriver end of the reservoir on Saturday (May 16) and the fishing was terrible.  Being between two major fronts I expect made the fish really skittish and tight lipped. 

Hope you are all well. 

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
I really missed getting together with everyone last weekend.  If it is any consolation I did fish the upriver end of the reservoir on Saturday (May 16) and the fishing was terrible.  Being between two major fronts I expect made the fish really skittish and tight lipped. 

Hope you are all well.
I do too Daniel. I also fished on Sat. up by Huntington. Pretty slow fishing but managed to find a few channel cats. There has been a lot of kitties in that area lately. I plan on going after the crappie when this terrible weather clears. It's been raining non stop for the last 2 days and wind is no bueno.

Dark Tuna

• Lingcod
  • "Dark Tuna?"
  • Date Registered: Aug 2014
I’m up for a June date if that plays out, Jed.  Will have to ask if my daughter is interested again.  Great event, but it’ll be warm in June!

2015 Jackson Big Tuna (tandem) (dark forest)
2016 Hobie Outback LE (screamin' orange)
2014 KC Kayaks K12 (the better half's, in camo)
2015 Jackson Kraken 13.5 (bluefin)

Raymarine Dragonfly; BB Angler Aces; Kokatat Hydrus 3L SuperNova Angler Dry Suit; Stohlquist Fisherman PFD

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well. Just spoke to Baker County and they informed me that we will be able to hold the Brownlee Crappie Shootout V on June 13th.

At this time we are about 50/50 on whether we should go ahead with the event or not. If there is enough interest then I will contact the permitting office to get things changed to the new date. They were very understanding and said they would be flexible in our last email convo so I think it would be fine.

The tournament would be modified for social distancing and the prizes would be limited to what I have on hand. Probably no potluck or raffle, 3 ft distancing, etc. Shirts and buckle would be after the fact.

My question is:

WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN COMING OVER FOR THE EVENT?

Please leave a message below or message me directly if you would be interested. I think if we got 15-20 participants at the $40 entry fee, it would be enough to cover expenses and get some funds to CASA of Eastern Oregon.

Thanks, jed

Dark Tuna

• Lingcod
  • "Dark Tuna?"
  • Date Registered: Aug 2014
Hi Jed,  I'm planning on the trip.  Maybe this year I'll catch something worthy of the trip  8)

There's an outside chance I'll bring one more...

2015 Jackson Big Tuna (tandem) (dark forest)
2016 Hobie Outback LE (screamin' orange)
2014 KC Kayaks K12 (the better half's, in camo)
2015 Jackson Kraken 13.5 (bluefin)

Raymarine Dragonfly; BB Angler Aces; Kokatat Hydrus 3L SuperNova Angler Dry Suit; Stohlquist Fisherman PFD

Guppy Tamer

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2011
I would go. I missed my annual trip to hells canyon already this year :(

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

Guppy Tamer

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2011
Any updates? This weekend is coming up quick. Would like to plan if it is on.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 05:34:15 PM by Guppy Tamer »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Hi guys, Baker County went to Phase 2 on Sat and I just confirmed with the County that we will be able to move forward with the event. The only restriction they gave me was for 6 feet distancing. If you plan on attending just bring entry fee to the event. I will have paperwork there.

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
So, what's the latest Day/Time/Location for this??  Is there camping open ? Where?? 

Hi guys, Baker County went to Phase 2 on Sat and I just confirmed with the County that we will be able to move forward with the event. The only restriction they gave me was for 6 feet distancing. If you plan on attending just bring entry fee to the event. I will have paperwork there.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
So, what's the latest Day/Time/Location for this??  Is there camping open ? Where?? 

Hi Barb, since everything is last minute, I'll have paperwork/reg/collect entry fee at the Hewitt Park. I should be there by Thursday afternoon. Cut off will be Sat morning. There should be camping and rv spaces available. I've been trying to get in touch with them to confirm. We probably will not have a capt meeting, instead I'll try to meet with participants that I find at the park or Sat AM. Identifiers will be given out Friday afternoon or Sat AM. We most likely will have some sort of food and awards ceremony with 6 ft distancing. Just winging this one so let me know if you have any questions.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Brownlee Crappie Shootout V Update and recommendations

*Hi guys, if you plan on coming down for the tournament I would suggest calling Hewitt Park asap to get a site. I've been trying to contact them to see what the situation is down there for this weekend and will try to update tomorrow. I know some participants have gotten thru and reserved spots already but it may be getting busy this time of year. I'll post up if I find anything out.

*We will not be having a potluck so you will be on your own for food on Saturday evening. We will have pre packaged snacks and drinks during the awards ceremony.

*If you are not feeling well, please consider passing up on the event this year.

*Please observe social distancing of 6ft while attending event activities

*If you shop in town (they would appreciate it), please try to wear a mask for the consideration of the local community.

*We will try to provide masks for participants so if you don't have one and want one please come find me.