Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:12:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Oregon Water Access Permit questions.  (Read 2112 times)

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Those that have purchased a two year permit, does the two year clock start on the day of purchase or Jan 1st? 

Also, if anyone prints theirs out, what is the dimensions of the printed area?  Does it take up a full 8.5 x 11 sheet, or is it reasonably smaller? 

I am still not on board with the sillyness of having to chose to be electronic or printed, but can't be both.  Having to rely on electronics or possibly get fined does not sit well with me at all!

Thanks!

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
No help from me brother, I still have the 2 year from last year and it’s good till the end of this year.

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

alpalmer

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
Those that have purchased a two year permit, does the two year clock start on the day of purchase or Jan 1st? 

Permit is good for one or two "Calendar Years" so just like the Tyvek tag Jan 1 through Dec 31
"A venturesome minority will always be eager to get off on their own,
and no obstacle should be placed in their path;
let them take risk, for God sake, let them get lost, sun burnt, stranded, drowned,
eaten by bears, buried alive under avalanches -
that is the right and privilege of any free American."
--Edward Abbey--

Stevm

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Mar 2014
I was undecided and not sure about the electronic tags like you until earlier this year. 

I had to purchase a new phone - and decided to go all electronic this year and it has worked out OK.  I didn't like the large paper combined angling tag I had  to print in 2019, but the old invasive species for the yaks could be laminated and fit in my wallet or in the yak.   The first couple salmon that I tagged this year on my phone were easy to tag, but I could not get the details to show up on my phone - it gave me the number of fish tagged, but no date or species, etc ( I was curious what would happen if I was checked, but they have since fixed that issue with the last app update and everything shows up!).    It is much easier to tag fish and keep all my endorsements on my phone - and a new phone easily lasts a couple days before needing to be charged for a person who doesn't play games or do much media - like me.

I'm good with the all electronic format now, it is easy and convenient to use on a waterproof phone - which I always have with me on a trip. I still don't trust electronics like  paper - though I did forget my paper license and tags at home a couple times, and remember a friend who had to drive 3 hours each way back home to get his tags for week-long trip once.
“Once a year go someplace you have never been “
Dali Llama

2015 Outback Dune
2020 Outback Dune
20? OK Trident 13 Dune Camo

Stevm

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Mar 2014
I should also add that I have wondered about what might happen if I leave my son and granddaughter with the kayaks and go home early?  The yak permits are on my phone?
“Once a year go someplace you have never been “
Dali Llama

2015 Outback Dune
2020 Outback Dune
20? OK Trident 13 Dune Camo

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
I should also add that I have wondered about what might happen if I leave my son and granddaughter with the kayaks and go home early?  The yak permits are on my phone?

Very good point! 

The one or the other option is completely rediculous.  I am the same person with one account number clearly available either way.  I don't understand why they don't allow for paper backup in the event your phone gets broken (that does happen)?

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
I just printed my stuff out at half size and laminated it, then threw it in my drybag. I haven't been checked yet. I've only had my fishing license checked once in the last 10 years.

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Roughly the top half of an 8-1/2 x 11 sheet, maybe a little less at 100%.  I printed them, then had to print a new copy of my water-mangled "portfolio" and it appears on that, too, along with my licenses and tags.
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014

I am still not on board with the sillyness of having to chose to be electronic or printed, but can't be both.  Having to rely on electronics or possibly get fined does not sit well with me at all!

Thanks!

The only thing that you have to do one or the other for is the tag.  You can have your license and waterway permit both electronically and on paper if you choose to.
Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard

Farmbum

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Jan 2020
I've gone with paper and sometimes have to relocate stuff because I can't find them.  If you go peper,  print everything to a pdf that way it's easy to reprint if something bad happens.

I was told at a field office to cover one side of your paper with clear packing tape,  back side of tags, and  you can still write on the other side.  They can get wet and dry many times and still hold together.  Did mine but still have it in a dry bag but it gives me a little more piece of mind when i'm on the water or in the field. 

Pinstriper

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2015
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !

Punctuation. It saves lives.

anything