Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:51:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Looking for people to go fishing with. I'm in SE Everett.  (Read 4741 times)

OtisPBody

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Aug 2020
Anyone down to take a new guy out fishing this weekend? Just got a Kokanee rod. Down to go to Lake Union, Sammamish, or Washington. Need to get some tackle and would appreciate some advice. Just looking for some people to go with to show me the ropes.

OtisPBody

• Herring
Crazy... as of 11-22-20, 946 views and not 1 reply. Does no one in the SE Everett area simultaneously own a kayak and fish from it?

skayaker2

• Rockfish
  • Since 2010. Formerly known as "skayaker"
  • TAFKAS (The Angler Formerly Known As Skayaker)
  • Date Registered: May 2018
Hi OtisPBody, lets get a reply before the 1000 views. This is a weird year in more ways that can probably be counted, speaking from my own experience in normal years my kayak fishing slows down after the coho start moving from the salt to the rivers, I know others start winding down as well although some winter warriors keep on fishing through the cold so opportunities and planning gets a bit more complicated, weather dependent, etc.
That is to say, probably more than one reason for the slow response from the loosely associated group in this forum. I am in Seattle, not that far away from Everett. I fish mainly saltwater, if you are interested in squid fishing it is still happening in the sound, soon there'll be blackmouth, shoot me a line if you want to try some of that or if you have specific kayak fishing setup questions. I have actually met the few people from this forum that I know in person first by chance on the water, so don't let the lack of responses from the forum from introducing yourself when you see others on the water. Stay safe, tight lines and hope to connect at some point!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 09:03:51 PM by skayaker2 »

workhard

• Salmon
  • Get off your computer and fish
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
Crazy... as of 11-22-20, 946 views and not 1 reply. Does no one in the SE Everett area simultaneously own a kayak and fish from it?

I've been on this forum for 5 years and have only intentionally fished with one other person on here. A lot us go out on kayaks specifically to not be around anyone. If you want buddies might want to join the heroes on the water guys, I've seen them out in full on plastic armadas.

BentRod

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
I'm down near Seattle too....I tend not to travel that far to fish and figured Everett was a bit geographically removed for me, but you're always welcome to come join me on Lake Sammamish....I fish with a few guys periodically, but when we're on the water we actually don't socialize much as we're too busy fishing and sometimes we rarely cross paths.  We mainly keep in touch via texts to see what is/isn't working.  I also don't fish for long periods of time, so fishing in a 2-3 hour window usually makes for meeting up a bit difficult as well.

Spelunker

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Apr 2020
I'd be willing to give Sammamish a try for cutthroat. You should know I have no idea what I'm doing though.

micahgee

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
I'd be willing to give Sammamish a try for cutthroat. You should know I have no idea what I'm doing though.

My hot setup the last few years has been a sling blade dodger and smile blade wedding ring spinner tipped with worm. Green and red, and green and silver have been particularly effective spinner flavors. Add 0.5-1.0 oz lead, leadcore or a downrigger depending on personal preference. You should be able to get away with just the lead weights especially this time of year
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

www.heroesonthewater.org

micahgee

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
I'll bite. I'll definitely hit up Sammamish this year. Heck I got a deadly smile blade spinner rig you're welcome to have Otis! Feel free to PM me. Weights + dodger + spinner + worm has caught a bunch of fish for me.

Keep an eye on the air pressure/storms rolling through, the bite is always better when the weather is stable. Big changes in air pressure that day especially really kills the bite!!

I've found the best bite in the winter is actually right around the warmest part of the day. I don't bother starting till about 10am
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

www.heroesonthewater.org

OtisPBody

• Herring
Much appreciated everyone. Sorry I’ve been extremely busy at work and haven’t been on this forum as much. At this point I’ve been slowly gearing up to go in the spring. Just bought a new rod and one of those folding yakattack nets. I’ll be more active when the weather starts warming up. Thinking of joining in the American Lakes KFNW tournament to start. I Figure a tournament might be a safe way to go and be around others that are like minded.

BiggyZee

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Feb 2021
Pretty much a kayak noob as well but I'm down to meetup and fish.

OtisPBody

• Herring
I’m planning a trip to American Lake to participate in the KFNW season open April 10th. My friend from Ridgefield is joining me and we’re going to camp the weekend at Riverbend Campground. It was $25 bucks to enter the tournament and they pair you up with someone with experience. Mention KFNW at when you book your camp site and you get 10% off.

BiggyZee

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Feb 2021
Cool might check that out. I haven't fished for bass in a looong time.

OtisPBody

• Herring
Well, I’ve never fished for bass. But I’m exited about it. We’re staying at Riverbend campground. Just bought a bunch of bass gear. Wife’s been pissed because I’ve been staging gear in the living room for this trip.

OtisPBody

• Herring
Planning to hit lake Cassidy this Sunday afternoon if anyone’s interested.