Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:48:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Brownlee Crappie Shootout VI  (Read 11992 times)

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
IronFlask sent a box full of these sweet water bottles to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout VI this year.

With all of the naughty things plastic is doing to the environment, reusable metal water bottles is a way that we can cut down the amount of plastic that we use every day. Their water bottles feel solidly made and easy to use and I gotta say, looks pretty cool. The blue they sent fits in with the event but they offer a range of colors.

Visit https://www.ironflask.com/ to find water bottles, tumblers, and even food jars that my wife loves for taking homemade meals to work.

Thank you for the great donation Nora.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
BOGS sent the Brownlee Crappie Shootout VI a gift certificate for $100 for the prize table.

These are not your normal rubber boots. They are super comfy and will keep your feet warm and dry in the worst weather. I use mine for hunting in the snow and I imagine they would be perfect for keeping your feet dry while launching your kayak.

In addition to the usual knee high work boots, they have low top shoes that are perfect for everyday use. Visit https://www.bogsfootwear.com/shop/index.html to find their full line of boots.

Thank you for the great donation.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Bioenno Power really came through with some awesome prizes for the Brownlee Crappie Shootout VI this year. The pack includes three 12v 20Ah batteries that are perfect for a long day on the water and then some. Here is the specs on the prizes:

BLF-1220AS Battery Specifications
Voltage: 12V
Capacity: 20Ah
Case Type: ABS Sealed
Charge/Discharge Connector: Screw Terminal
Maximum Continuous Discharge Current: 40A
Maximum Peak Discharge Current: 60A (5 sec.)
Max Power Delivered to Load at 12V: 480 Watts (12V x 40A = 480 Watts)
Dimensions:(L x W x H) 7.2 in. x 3.2 in. x 6.7 in. (182 mm x 77 mm x 171 mm)
Weight: 5.8 lbs. (2.6 kg)
Includes built-in PCM (protection circuit module) which provides internal cell balancing and management, protection from overcurrent, undervoltage (overdischarge), overvoltage and short circuiting, and has integrated charging circuitry Available 110VAC / 220 VAC Charger

These come with the charger and are ready to go! Visit their website at https://www.bioennopower.com/ if you are in the market for a great battery for your lectronics ;D

Thank you for the great prize Kevin.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
NEMRods has offered a custom built rod (Panfish/Bass) as a prize for the Brownlee Crappie Shootout VI. Nelson builds some great rods on solid blanks. He is located up in Washington and is very easy to work with and really knows his craft. Be sure to check him out at http://www.facebook.com/watch/fishNEMRods if you are looking for a custom rod build.

Thanks for the awesome prize Nelson.

Drifter2007

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
I had new line put on some reels. Getting ready! Can't wait! :banjo:
1991 Desert Storm (USMC)
2004-2005 OIF (US ARMY)
2006-2007 OEF (US ARMY)
2009-2010 OIF II (US Army)
2016 Retired!

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
I had new line put on some reels. Getting ready! Can't wait! :banjo:
The count down is on!

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Sorry , Jed, looks like I'll be recovering from retinal surgery #20  at the time of the tournament.  Hopefully this time I get my,sight back.
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Sorry , Jed, looks like I'll be recovering from retinal surgery #20  at the time of the tournament.  Hopefully this time I get my,sight back.
Dang, sorry to hear that. Hope all goes well and you can make it to one in the future.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Old Town Canoe and Kayak sent a great prize pack to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout VI.

Old Town kayaks are some of the best kayaks on the market. Old Town has a long history of building quality water craft beginning in 1898 :o and continuing to improve till this day. Along with great paddle canoes and kayaks, their pedal driven models utilizing their PDL Drive system are really getting noticed in the sport of kayak fishing. This drive employs a rotary bicycle like motion that transfers energy to a prop drive. This has the benefit of instant reverse to keep you in the zone and make quick corrections. The boats them selves are super stable and glides well for minimal effort and maximum travel.

Find their entire line of innovative kayaks at https://www.oldtowncanoe.com/

Thank you for the great donation Ryan and Dan and Tyler for the intro.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 06:11:29 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Excited to have Fire Maple as a new sponsor to the BCS this year.

This company makes super compact stoves, cook wear, and utensils perfect for camp outs and hikes that have limited space available. I think they would also be very useful to take along in a kayak for an emergency or to have a hot shore lunch.

The prize pack includes a 300-T Titanium Stove and a Feast 2 Cook wear set. The stove looks very well made, is compatible with standard fuel canisters, and folds up to a tiny size to fit anywhere. This stove is also an ISPO award gold winner.

Here is the specs for the Feast 2:

Feast 2 is a versatile and durable camp cook-set ideal for small groups of 2-3 people. Hard anodized aluminum cooking surface provides excellent heat transfer and resists food sticking.

The cooking pot with lid is excellent for pasta, soups, stews and preparing dehydrated meals. The lid features a heat resistant handle with drain holes for easy straining.

The griddle pan features a wave design that works great for pancakes, grilling or even frying meats and veggies. Locking handles on the pan and pot provide a secure and safe handle while cooking and fold away for compact storage. The .8 Liter kettle with lid is great for boiling water fast for tea, coffee, or dishes.

The kit even includes a sponge, cooking paddle, and two bowls! The Feast 2 is excellent for car camping but is light and compact enough for extended backpacking trips.

Works great with Fire-Maple stoves and even cook systems with a pot support stand.

Check out their products at https://firemaplegear.com/ before you next trip.

Thanks for the great prize Jon.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Happy to have Suspenz back on the prize table. They sent a $75 gift certificate for a lucky angler to win.

Suspenz has everything you need to get your kayak from the garage to the water and everything in between. I think their portable stands would be really convenient for working on your kayak without rolling around on the ground :D

Find a solution for all of your storage and transport needs https://suspenz.com/

Thank you for the great prize Elizabeth.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Got a great prize pack in from Beckman Nets/P-Line for the Brownlee Crappie Shootout.

The prize includes 10 rolls each of 6 and 8 lb test Hi Viz fluorescent green CX premium line. I've been using their Floroclear for about 15 years and really like the way it performs. It resists abrasion while offering the benefits of a fluorocarbon.

Along with quality fishing line, P-Line http://www.p-line.com/ offers a wide range of fishing tackle and gear for every angler and species while Beckman https://beckmanfishingnets.com/ has you covered for any type of net you will need.

Thanks for the great prize Thomas.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
DryGuy Boot Dryers sent an awesome prize pack to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout VI.

Having to put on cold wet shoes or even a damp drysuit first thing in the morning can really set the day off on a sour note. Boot dryers are perfect for the PNW weather and will help to extend the life of your gear. DryGuy offers a great option if you are looking to for a way to insure you can begin your trip with warm and dry feet.

If you find yourself on hard water chasing fish through the ice and snow, Implus also offers YakTrax slip on traction devices as well as thermal insoles and Little Hotties hand/foot warmers.

The prize pack includes:

2 Simple Dry units

2 Travel Dry DX units

6 ICETrekkers

2 pairs of thermal insoles

and some Little Hotties warmers.

Visit https://dryguy.implus.com/ to discover more ways to stay comfy and extend your time in the outdoors.

Thank you for the awesome donation Grace.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Avid Armor really came through with a fantastic prize for the Brownlee Crappie Shootout VI.

Up on the prize table will be a Avid Armor A100 Vacuum Sealer with some bags to get you started. Immediately!

Unit description:

The team at Avid Armor has been in the packaging industry for decades and we set out to provide a machine that will stand up to the rigorous demands of processing & butchering wild game, fish and harvest, at the same time not breaking the bank for consumers that just need an easy-to-use machine for everyday use of meal prepping, storing leftovers, long term bulk freezer storage and sous vide cooking. If you are looking for the best commercial vacuum sealer for home use, then look no further!

The Avid Armor Model A100 Vacuum Sealer features:

Heavy-Duty Stainless Steel Construction
Clear View Lid for Easy Loading and Sealing
Extra wide, Easy-to-Load and Clean Vacuum Channel
Pulse Setting to Prevent Crushing Delicate Items
Impulse Seal Function to Continuously Seal Bags without Vacuuming
Adjust Seal Time Function to Ensure Perfect Seal
Double Piston Pump with Cooling Fan for Continuous Bag Sealing
Accessory Port for Marinating and Vacuum Sealing with Canisters (Canisters not included)

As kayak anglers, taking trips to catch tasty critters is a way of life. Preserving fish and game is essential to being able to enjoy fruits of your efforts throughout the year and vacuum sealers are a big part of the process. Avid Armor offers a range of units that will fit your needs, from simple vacuum sealers to chamber sealers that will process fish at an industrial pace, they have it all at https://avidarmor.com/

Thank you for the awesome prize Nina.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 08:02:08 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Lancer Jigs have supported the Brownlee Crappie Shootout from the beginning and we appreciate all support they offer.

Copper

Terry and Tony are some of the best people around and I cannot rave enough about the lures they produce. Their classic salt water jigs are essential if you are chasing lingcod, rockfish, or even halibut. They provoke vicious strikes from all species and will fill you limit in no time.

Water

If you are into river fishing, they have started making steelhead jigs and soft beads that I hope to try out this year.

Dog

No subliminal advertising here lol.

For a good time go to https://lancerjigs.com/

Thankyou for the continual support of the kayak fishing community Terry and Tony.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 06:19:53 AM by jed »