Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:26:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 19, 2024, 09:27:54 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 08:37:24 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: PC parking  (Read 2971 times)

onefish

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
Looks like they are close to setting up the fee station for kiwanda.....might want to call barview and request your annual pass if you think you’ll be fishing in Tillamook co more than a handful of times this year.
“Out of the water I am nothing” Duke Kahanamoku

T Coastal

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Apr 2019
Been toying with buying an annual pass for years. The decision to add all the areas they did, as well as the fee spike made the decision for me. It already paid for itself and I haven't even fished PC or Memaloose yet!
2020 Hobie Outback
2018 Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Asully503

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Jun 2020
Are you able to drive down on to the beach and park for free or is that not allowed? First timer here and I was looking forward to getting to PC this year with the kayak.

onefish

• Lingcod
That’s a great question since the county runs the lot and the state runs the state lands on the beach (and the dory guys do a lot to maintain the ramp).  The dory folks do have a fair amount of influence with the county commissioners.  We’ll see what happens this summer.  It’s still not a bad idea to spend the $55 on the annual pass at this point.  There are times that parking in the lot and rolling down is not the worst thing you could do to facilitate a peaceful day of fishing. 

Today was a magical day at the cape, worth every cent!

T Coastal

• Lingcod
I believe it was written (and I may be wrong since I only read the first draft when it was proposed) that the fee was for day use of the hungry harbor boat launch. So it is my understanding if you park in the lot or go across the ramp you'll need a pass. I went for a walk down there this last weekend and there were A LOT of cars parked down there with tickets on the windshields.
2020 Hobie Outback

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
Dorymen are doing a beach cleanup this Saturday (3/20) for anyone interested and is licensed to park. Meet at the ramp at 0800.

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

onefish

• Lingcod
I’m thinking if you transit the lot in the morning and park on the beach there’s no way the county guys will be ticketing rigs on the beach. 
  They are not issuing real tickets in the lot at this point, there’s an adjustment period where warnings/information is being handed out.  Not sure for how long though.

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Thanks for the info, my pass is in the mail.

• Date Registered: Feb 2009
Is this the site? https://www.co.tillamook.or.us/gov/Parks/ParkingPass.htm

And I can still drive on the beach with this pass, right? Or is it in the parking lot only?

Fred "True" Trujillo
"This above all: to thine own self, be true, and it must follow, as the day the night, thou canst not then be false to any man."

onefish

• Lingcod
That’s it.  Lot or beach ok.

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
For anyone who trailers their kayaks, like me:

I was at Pacific City over the weekend and there is now a giant, illuminated sign that says that trailers (and busses, and RVs) are not allowed in the parking lot. There is also a more permanent looking, metal sign posted that says the same.

So, if you're trailering, you're parking on the beach.

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
For anyone who trailers their kayaks, like me:

I was at Pacific City over the weekend and there is now a giant, illuminated sign that says that trailers (and busses, and RVs) are not allowed in the parking lot. There is also a more permanent looking, metal sign posted that says the same.

So, if you're trailering, you're parking on the beach.

That's really odd.  ???

Busses, RV's, and some vehicles towing trailers should NOT be stuffed on the beach if that is their intent. 
I would hope that they create a parking area available for this kind of traffic or be specific where they would like these kinds of rigs to be parked.

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

snopro

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
I thought they were going to eliminate all traffic on the beach other than boat launching vehicles?

T Coastal

• Lingcod
I thought they were going to eliminate all traffic on the beach other than boat launching vehicles?

There is a proposal that might be voted on at some point in the future to make this change permanent. Right now I believe it is still fishing related vehicles only on the sand at Cape Kiwanda. 
2020 Hobie Outback

anything