Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:06:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: HKLBRY - New Member  (Read 1261 times)

HKLBRY

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Apr 2021
Based out of Creswell, Oregon.

I have canoed growing up, (my dad made our woodstrip and fiberglass canoe) getting the family involved with the kayak sport and kokanee fishing from kayaks.  We are using Crescent Brand SOT kayaks.  2 Crescent CREWS & 2 Crescent Ultralights.

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Welcome in, Hk.  Never heard of Crescent kayaks before now but they look neat.  How do you like them?
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

HKLBRY

• Krill
I purchased them sight unseen just this winter based soley on reviews and comments of owners who really like the brands paddling performance.  So, we have yet to put them in the water.   As I mentioned above, I haven't paddled regularly for many years and my wife was never interested until recently when she and her hairdresser were chatting.  She came home and said she was interested in the sport so I jumped at the chance to get back to a paddling sport. I have done a few add ons while it is winter time, just now finishing up building a 6 kayak trailer with storage and we will begin practicing on Dexter Lake and the canal in Eugene until we get familiar with them.  I bought 2 of their CREW models because of the large open deck and I have plans to kayak camp and fish from them.  Even though they can be used as a tandem, I prefer each person to have their own kayak and they are in complete control of where they want to go and pace.  With those freedoms I believe she will like it more than the canoe we used to own and she should feel comfortable heading out with her girlfriends.  So far just with the modifications I have done and going to do I am impressed with this American Made brand and its potential. 

YakHunter

• Salmon
  • Retired!
  • Date Registered: Jun 2020
Welcome to the NWKA forum.  It's great that you have the whole family interested in kayaking.  I have a small fleet so my kids and grandkids can join in when they have time.  Post a picture of your trailer build.  Always interested in how people move multiple hulls.
Hobie PA14
Hobie Outback
Hobie Adventure Island
Hobie Tandem Island
Jackson CudaHD
BlueSky 360 Angler

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
As I mentioned above, I haven't paddled regularly for many years and my wife was never interested until recently when she and her hairdresser were chatting.  She came home and said she was interested in the sport so I jumped at the chance to get back to a paddling sport.

I was sitting here, minding my own business, when Barb walked in and said, "You need to buy a PFD.  I just ordered two kayaks."  Sometimes you don't know what surprises lurk in someone else's mind.

Let us know how you like them when you get them wet.

HKLBRY

• Krill
Here is a pic of the work in progress. I work nights with split days off so I work on it as I can.  Hoping to have it done this week. I need to finish framing in th storage area which will have a hinged lid on both sides. It is not meant to be water tight, just away of securing kayak gear from view, they will have locks them.  I planned it to be removeable from the trailer so the extra bracketry and wood is to help keep it stout for that.
I will post another pic when it is complete.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 08:57:07 PM by HKLBRY »

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
Nice.  You've put some work into it.

If you move these posts over into the Cutting and Drilling topic, more folks will likely see and follow them.

HKLBRY

• Krill
I can do a write up in the topic section you mentioned when I get it all done to give others some visuals and ideas. 

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
That'd be great.  I'm sure folks would find it handy.

YakHunter

• Salmon
  • Retired!
  • Date Registered: Jun 2020
Here is a pic of the work in progress. I work nights with split days off so I work on it as I can.  Hoping to have it done this week. I need to finish framing in th storage area which will have a hinged lid on both sides. It is not meant to be water tight, just away of securing kayak gear from view, they will have locks them.  I planned it to be removeable from the trailer so the extra bracketry and wood is to help keep it stout for that.
I will post another pic when it is complete.

Nicely done! 
Hobie PA14
Hobie Outback
Hobie Adventure Island
Hobie Tandem Island
Jackson CudaHD
BlueSky 360 Angler